Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
because fallout 3 is plagued with monotonous gameplay, shytty dialogue, and a third act that's something of a joke.

new vegas plays like the old fallout games more than fallout 3. it's less linear, better written, and has MUCH more enjoyable combat. if you've played fallout 1 and 2, you're better off skipping fallout 3 and playing new vegas instead.
thats cool, you have an unpopular opinion. DLC for FO3 is also much better, but lets conveniently leave that out.

There is no comparison...let you old faithful fallout heads enjoy the step down that NV was compared to 3. Just because something remains faithful to the franchise doesn't necessarily mean its better...and in this case FO3 was the better experience. Critics and fans agree.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
thats cool, you have an unpopular opinion. DLC for FO3 is also much better, but lets conveniently leave that out.

There is no comparison...let you old faithful fallout heads enjoy the step down that NV was compared to 3. Just because something remains faithful to the franchise doesn't necessarily mean its better...and in this case FO3 was the better experience. Critics and fans agree.

unpopular opinion? it's generally accepted that new vegas is the better game. bethesda sucks. sorry to spoil your parade, breh.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no its not, its only accepted by the folks who kept holding on to the older games and could not accept the changes in FO3 :heh:

Fallout 3 for Xbox 360 Reviews - Metacritic

Fallout: New Vegas for Xbox 360 Reviews - Metacritic

let that burn a little. FO3 is the better game with better DLC

:snoop: because critics of the first next-gen installment of the game rate it higher than new vegas does not negate the _fact_ that new vegas is rated higher by fans of the series. you keep referring to those of us who are familiar with the franchise. and?

:rolleyes: isn't their opinion, given their experience with obsidian's original efforts, worth mentioning?

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
It's funny, I played Skyrim more than Fallout 3. I didn't even finish the first mission for the black guy

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
:snoop: because critics of the first next-gen installment of the game rate it higher than new vegas does not negate the _fact_ that new vegas is rated higher by fans of the series. you keep referring to those of us who are familiar with the franchise. and?

:rolleyes: isn't their opinion, given their experience with obsidian's original efforts, worth mentioning?
:takedat: if it was generally accepted as the better game it would have better ratings across the board regardless of past experiences with the franchise. Unfortunately for you these companies make games to make money and outside of that dedicated FO fanbase most people liked FO3 more.

It's ok breh, you like NV more and thats cool. Just accept that its not the popular opinion of the masses (which is more important than a small fanbase still left over from the first fallout games). I got pissed off with NV because of all the bugs...you know typical obsidian BS.

BTW, Bethesda > Obsidian

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:takedat: if it was generally accepted as the better game it would have better ratings across the board regardless of past experiences with the franchise. Unfortunately for you these companies make games to make money and outside of that dedicated FO fanbase most people liked FO3 more.

It's ok breh, you like NV more and thats cool. Just accept that its not the popular opinion of the masses (which is more important than a small fanbase still left over from the first fallout games). I got pissed off with NV because of all the bugs...you know typical obsidian BS.

BTW, Bethesda > Obsidian

repeating shyt ad naseum doesn't make it so. let's agree to disagree.

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
So I just looked and this game is only $5, but I don't see it under the ulitmate game sales tab
Is that just the everyday price now :leon:

Can someone confirm this or not so I don't impulse buy, cuz you nikkaz got me ready to download it and play only this til the 720 comes out. Why am I seriously thinking about playing this now more than any future game :heh:
I know of and knew of Fallout for years.. can't understand why I haven't taken the plunge
Can somebody tell me what the game is like? I haven't played Borderlands so try again...

This is one of the few games where you truly get to do you want when you want. There is so much to explore and being that your from DC, your gonna appreciate it even more

The soundtrack is incredible, the combat is awesome and the perks you get when leveling up while enjoying all this puts this game over the top

The stories you run Into in the wasteland are outstanding

This game is better than all the games you have completed this gen, period.

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
I live in the United States
unpopular opinion? it's generally accepted that new vegas is the better game. bethesda sucks. sorry to spoil your parade, breh.
Every single gaming website that is popular like say IGN/etc have said NV was a dissapointment.
It got bad reviews mostly. I haven't played any Fallout game, so I don't have a bias either way. First time I ever heard anybody say otherwise is today :hula:

This is one of the few games where you truly get to do you want when you want. There is so much to explore and being that your from DC, your gonna appreciate it even more

The soundtrack is incredible, the combat is awesome and the perks you get when leveling up while enjoying all this puts this game over the top

The stories you run Into in the wasteland are outstanding

This game is better than all the games you have completed this gen, period.
Ok, but now Junebug works for you so if this game doesn't pan out? :ufdup:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Every single gaming website that is popular like say IGN/etc have said NV was a dissapointment.
It got bad reviews mostly. I haven't played any Fallout game, so I don't have a bias either way. First time I ever heard anybody say otherwise is today :hula:

Ok, but now Junebug works for you so if this game doesn't pan out? :ufdup:

it has not received "bad reviews." exaggerate much? like i said to liquid, fallout 3 was overblown because it was the first next-gen installment in the series. fans of the series, those who've been with it since the beginning, prefer new vegas.

Daps
Fallout 3 felt more free and creative.

FO:NV was more like an adventure game with characters I didn't care about, and a story that didn't catch me.

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
it has not received "bad reviews." exaggerate much? like i said to liquid, fallout 3 was overblown because it was the first next-gen installment in the series. fans of the series, those who've been with it since the beginning, prefer new vegas.

Yes it did bruh, how you gonna tell me what I read :stopitslime:
And like others have told you, its known as being less than F3
KNOWN
Now if you didn't know that, that doesn't make it less true.
Look up any review, you should of done that by now since this is news to you
I do this shyt everyday. Some ppl go to CNN, I go to IGN :manny:
(I don't really go to IGN anymore, but you get the point)

Here's the reviews from the most popular gaming review sites on the net today
IGN said:
The Verdict

In New Vegas, the fun Fallout 3 formula is intact, with more polished combat, high-quality side missions, and the exciting setting of the Vegas strip. Unfortunately, the bugs also tagged along for the ride. If Obsidian and Bethesda had polished up the game by fixing the AI, improving the animations or even gotten it to run smoothly, perhaps it would feel less like a giant expansion of Fallout 3 and more like its own game. Be that as it may, Fallout 3 was a great game, so as similar as it is, Fallout: New Vegas is still a fun ride that offers more for fans of the series to enjoy. If you can look past its shortcomings, this is definitely a wasteland worth exploring.
Or
Giantbomb said:
It's not a surprise that Fallout: New Vegas sticks closely to Fallout 3's structure and style. But if it weren't for the game's way-too-long list of technical issues, New Vegas would actually be better than its predecessor. Instead, it's a well-written game with so many issues that some of you might want to take a pass, at least until some of this nonsense gets fixed. Yet, for all its flaws, I'd consider taking a second run through it, if only to see how some of the game's finer points play out with different choices.
Or
gamespot.com said:
Unfortunately, Fallout: New Vegas isn't technically capable of supporting these high ambitions. Simply put, it frequently breaks in some of the most phenomenal ways. You can't mention any given aspect of its design without also mentioning a related bug--and the more you explore and the more you do, the more the game buckles under its own weight. Your companion may not initiate a conversation with her elder, forcing you to reload a saved game or ignore the quest. A mutant for hire will respond to your request to continue the quest with the same dialogue that he delivers if you tell him you need more time. Scripting errors abound in which things that are supposed to happen never do, while in many other cases, inexplicable events occur that will boggle your mind. Locals will freak out and run around as if someone is brandishing a weapon and then stop and walk back to their assigned positions. A vendor might attack you unprovoked, even if you have a golden reputation in that town and are dressed in neutral clothing. Sometimes, it's unclear if you're unaware of a contributing factor or if the game is simply going bonkers. Not to mention frequent crashes on both consoles and corrupted game saves, which might cause you to lose progress. In addition, the longer you play, the slower the frame rate gets (on the Xbox 360), or the more noticeable the screen tearing and frequent pauses become (on the PlayStation 3). These are but a small number of the major bugs we encountered. Fallout: New Vegas is a technical mess. 7.5
Is that not mainstream enough?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes it did bruh, how you gonna tell me what I read :stopitslime:
And like others have told you, its known as being less than F3
KNOWN
Now if you didn't know that, that doesn't make it less true.
Look up any review, you should of done that by now since this is news to you
I do this shyt everyday. Some ppl go to CNN, I go to IGN :manny:
(I don't really go to IGN anymore, but you get the point)

Here's the reviews from the most popular gaming review sites on the net today

Or

Or

Is that not mainstream enough?

So, the consensus is that the game would probably be fallout 3's superior were it not for the "bugs."

This isn't exactly at odds with what I've said. I played both games. I'm not a huge fan of Bethesda. I think I'm know what I'm talking about when it comes to my assessment of new Vegas. If you prefer fallout 3, more power to you.

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
So, the consensus is that the game would probably be fallout 3's superior were it not for the "bugs."

This isn't exactly at odds with what I've said. I played both games. I'm not a huge fan of Bethesda. I think I'm know what I'm talking about when it comes to my assessment of new Vegas. If you prefer fallout 3, more power to you.

I haven't played any fallout game yet, I'm not saying one is better than the other
Just saying common opinion/reviews of the game have it less then F3 for the reasons I posted. I forgot, but I remember now.
Said it played like shyt. Sometimes loading would take from 30sec to 2full minutes :huhldup:
That it felt more like an expansion than a fully new game/etc.

Now I heard your comment about if you played 1/2 you could skip 3 and go right to Vegas
You do you suggest for me since I'm new to the series? Is F3 that bad of a game to you that even a newcomer like myself should pass?