Facing Emergency, DC prepares to pass new crime bill/* Secure DC Act signed into law 03/11/24

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Y’all don’t realize how overpopulated prisons already are. nikkas ARE going to jail at extremely high rates and NOTHING is changing.

I don’t know what the solution is… I live in an area where I see terrorists in our community go to jail, I feel safe for a few weeks or months and then I see those same terrorists right back on the block.

Jail does not rehabilitate it’s a false sense of security. The only solution right now is for the non criminals to leave these neighborhoods but y’all are not gonna like that.
Stop allowing people to sustain lifestyles off of govt assistance. Stop allowing people to get money for being irresponsible with procreation. Financially hurt inattentive parents that have shown to be absent in their children's lives. No leniency for crimes. That is just some of the things that should be done, but for now these shytstains need to be taken off of the street for a long time and if they are worse when they get out, send them back.

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
When Black people get enough money to leave for better neighborhoods, they do. The problem is that it's an option that is simply out of reach for many Black people.
That’s the harsh reality of being black in America. No one is going to be here to save us. These white folks aren’t sending black people to jail to protect out communities, it’s profit driven. And once a nikka gets arrested there will always be a new nikka in the neighborhood to take his place and continue the crime.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
In 2004 something like 72% of people in federal prison are there for the government, qualifies as "Non-Violent" Crime. So what you're saying makes no fukking sense.

"Overall, nearly three-fourths (72.1%) of federal prisoners are serving time for a non-violent offense and have no history of violence. Data for this analysis is taken from various reports of the Bureau of Justice Statistics, United States Sentencing Commission, and an analysis of the Survey of Inmates in State and Federal Correctional Facilities."
And like i have said in this thread, not all violence is physical. I would wager people that lost their life savings to a scammer or priceless mementos to a robber would rather a punk to take their wallet instead of that.

IgnorantDwayneWayne

NC Pleighboy
Daps
All of the shyt i bolded is violent as fukk from the get go, not to mention shoplifting can turn physically violent:

You think stealing a car that someone probably depends on for their job is not violent? The inconvenience and financial damage that can do to a person?

You think someone breaking into another's home and stealing their belongings is not violent? Financial AND emotional damage has been done to the person or family in that house. Traumatic experience for sure.

You think people getting their financials scammed (Bank account, tax returns, 401k, etc) is not violent? You have people getting their life savings or at least large chunks of their saving stolen by degenerates, basically stealing the time they spent accumulating it. Very violent.

Do i need really need to explain how violent drug dealing is, do i?

You must have an issue in your mind if you think what you posted was "non violent".
Bro if you wanna change the definition of violent n non violent crimes have at it. The rest of the world knows I’m correct so I’m Gucci.

You should change your caption to “ I think like a child” so everyone knows that when faced with being wrong u just try to change the meaning of decades old universally understood verbiage.

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
Stop allowing people to sustain lifestyles off of govt assistance. Stop allowing people to get money for being irresponsible with procreation. Financially hurt inattentive parents that have shown to be absent in their children's lives. No leniency for crimes. That is just some of the things that should be done, but for now these shytstains need to be taken off of the street for a long time and if they are worse when they get out, send them back.
If you cut off government assistance then there will be new criminals.

You keep saying send them back but they are already going back. America has the most prisoners in the world. The prisons are above capacity. We literally can’t house anymore, that’s why they come back home so quick.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I live in a majority black area in Orlando. it's just gun problems are a country wide issue that we can really only solve as a whole. It's impossible to solve without the federal government getting heavily involved (Policy, enforcement, gun buybacks etc)

Out of all the ways the government can get involved, they pick more policing as you can see.. Nation wide a push for more immigrants to join the police force is happening.. Im sure you've read it.

Sooner or later black people are going to have to look at one another and ask, "what are WE going to do"? And from your last sentence, you let me know that we're not competent enough to even be peaceful amongst one another. You hate me because I believe black people can solve some of our problems without government help.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
It’s laughable that y’all think throwing people in jail will change anything. They are going to come out of jail with new criminal skills that they learned from other criminals in jail.

Just because you get arrested, that doesn’t mean you’re going to jail for 20 years. These people will be right out in a few months.
I don't think most of us think this will change anything in terms of lowering crime, it comes up here so often because we all understood that this would be the response to the the crime wave. I've mentioned how this will disproportionately impact Black people that are not involved in crime at all and how it would be a cost of implementing these kinds of policies.
Both of these are straw man arguments

People that are terrorizing our communities need to be removed from the community period.

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
Both of these are straw man arguments

People that are terrorizing our communities need to be removed from the community period.
Sounds good on paper but like I said once they get removed there is always a new person to take their place and then the original person that went to jail comes back in less than a year.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
The suggestion that we should make shoplifting a federal crime is fascist as fukk and shyt you only see in HARD right wing governments. The kind of governments that would slaughter your entire family for your skin color.

You not giving a shyt about kids health is just you being a piece of shyt

So yeah ur a fukking fascist
Kids health? How many kids were at risk health wise during the pandemic

I wouldn’t trust anyone that believes closing down schools was smart during the pandemic

What should happen to shoplifters? You think being able to rob stores with no consequence and as result those store having to shut down is good for communities?

I don’t get why y’all think coddling and excusing crime is socially progressive. No one wants to live around or be in the threat of constant crime

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
If you cut off government assistance then there will be new criminals.

You keep saying send them back but they are already going back. America has the most prisoners in the world. The prisons are above capacity. We literally can’t house anymore, that’s why they come back home so quick.
fukk that. How many of these repeat offenders are coming from dysfunctional homes, homes where govt assistance is sustaining that? How many girls out here are fukking irresponsibly because they know they can go and get assistance for the children they have, regardless of the marital status. How many kids are running around because their parents dont give a fukk? Many people out here are choosing to live this way because they rather live that way, not that they were "forced to".

We are running out of prison space? Build more prisons. I have no sympathy for criminals, at all. Why should i have more sympathy for them than the people they terrorize?

Daps
Out of all the ways the government can get involved, they pick more policing as you can see.. Nation wide a push for more immigrants to join the police force is happening.. Im sure you've read it.

Sooner or later black people are going to have to look at one another and ask, "what are WE going to do"? And from your last sentence, you let me know that we're not competent enough to even be peaceful amongst one another. You hate me because I believe black people can solve some of our problems without government help.
Gun Violence isn't a problem we or any other group can solver on their own. I think you're unrealistic, I think you have good intentions FWIW