Facing Emergency, DC prepares to pass new crime bill/* Secure DC Act signed into law 03/11/24

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
Participate in what way exactly? I ask this because some, not all, but some enjoy crime. Some of these children have been neglected so bad thats all they know/understand.. And its hard to break bad habits. Its sad because no one is born a criminal, and its really worse when so called guardians subject their own children to that sh*t.

Participate in the ways you do.

Work. Pay Bills. Live life outside of crime.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Sounds good on paper but like I said once they get removed there is always a new person to take their place and then the original person that went to jail comes back in less than a year.

That's not the way it works in the real world unfortunately. The reason that this is an ongoing problem that spans decades is that there are always people ready to take the places of the people that are removed. The so-called terrorists are a products of a set of conditions that create terrorism in our communities.

Removing the bad apples is a bandaid, if they are not rehabilitated, they return from jail/prison to the communities they left with a vengeance and with fewer opportunities than they had before they were thrown into cages.

Systemic problems must be solved by focusing on the systems that bear bad fruit.
We know most people in poverty don’t commit crimes but most criminals come from poverty

I think we know any real solutions to poverty will not be implemented in America for a numerous reasons

You still have to apply the bandaid

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
It’s not about having sympathy for criminals. Insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting different results.

It’s literally proven that throwing people in jail doesn’t prevent crime. America doesn’t stop crime because it’s profitable to send people to jail.

Other first world countries have less crime because they tackle crime the correct way. You are brainwashed and indoctrinated to believe locking people up stops crime.
I already said what should be done about crime from a social perspective. I used to think like that, "prisons are bad, we got to reach them instead!" shyt way back in the past, but fukk that. We are not talking about someone in the wrong place, wrong time or people that got swept up into some shyt.

We are talking about people that are carjacking people.

We are talking about people that are robbing people just trying to make it.

We are talking about people that shoot indiscriminately hitting bystanders more than their targets.

I dont give a fukk about how you want to tackle crime while giving these b*stards cover

UntimelyElatedKoalabear-size_restricted.gif

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
It’s so bad in DC that in NYC…I was riding the train and there was a recruitment poster for DC police. I’ve never seen an ad like this in my life which shows DC police has to be understaffed and nobody wants to be a cop. I had to snap a flick of it because that shyt surprised me…

They are willing to pay New Yorkers with relocation packages to become police officers in DC…
8-AC94424-671-A-43-F7-A4-D0-16-DAC5-A4-CBC4.jpg

U may not be able to see it too clearly but that says monthly academy classes, $66.5K starting, $25K signing bonus, $6K rental assistance…

Y’all think this crime shyt a game when it’s something that needs to be urgently addressed. Nobody wants to be a teacher in these cities. Nobody wants to be a cop in these cities and the businesses both small and chain get ransacked so often they have to close early or close entirely creating food deserts. These cities are eating each other alive and a lot of the shyt that happens…happens for no good reason.

Last edited:

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I already said what should be done about crime from a social perspective. I used to think like that, "prisons are bad, we got to reach them instead!" shyt way back in the past, but fukk that. We are not talking about someone in the wrong place, wrong time or people that got swept up into some shyt.

We are talking about people that are carjacking people.

We are talking about people that are robbing people just trying to make it.

We are talking about people that shoot indiscriminately hitting bystanders more than their targets.

I dont give a fukk about how you want to tackle crime while giving these b*stards cover

UntimelyElatedKoalabear-size_restricted.gif

Some will say locking people up don't work. Then a week later say the crime rate dropped after the crack era due to mass incarceration and death. :pachaha:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I agree with you, but respectfully do you live in that area? Perhaps we should be concerned with what the residents, specifically the working class men and women but also the elderly, want.

You can reduce crime without expanded the surveillance state.

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
Some will say locking people up don't work. Then a week later say the crime rate dropped after the crack era due to mass incarceration and death. :pachaha:
I have nothing more to add to this thread. We’ll see how much a crime bill changes anything. I’ll bump these posts in a few years.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
aint no more excuses.

EVERYBODY is hiring.
you can learn everything on the internet.
no knowledge is hidden.

if youre still out there doing violent crimes or causing chaos nobody is going to feel bad for what happens to you.

black folks gotta stop caring about our criminals and worry about the people that are trying to live a straight life.

tell me how normal people are supposed to function when they live next door to the folks shooting shyt up?

free criminals bring down the quality of life for EVERYONE...
...and then yall wonder why black kids have the lowest scores in school.

its because they have to navigate around these clowns while also figuring out who they are as young black people because their identity is tied to rappers, entertainers and criminals.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
aint no more excuses.

EVERYBODY is hiring.
you can learn everything on the internet.
no knowledge is hidden.

if youre still out there doing violent crimes or causing chaos nobody is going to feel bad for what happens to you.

black folks gotta stop caring about our criminals so much and worry about the people that are trying to live a straight life.

tell me how normal people are supposed to function when they live next door to the folks shooting shyt up?

free criminals brings down the quality of life for EVERYONE...
...and then yall wonder why black kids have the lowest scores in school.

its because they have to navigate around these clowns while also figuring out who they are because their identity is tied to rappers, entertainers and criminals.

Seems like you have a birds eye view of whats happening within the community. I see everything in bold where I live as well.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Police aren't Superheroes. They don't have spider senses, teleportation, or super speed. They can't magically appear when a car jacking is happening at 2a.m. In your scenario you would need a 1:1 ratio of cops to civilians, on every corner.

And since you blaming the Police, why not the DA? The Judge? How are these criminals getting out so easily?

End of the day, the shyt starts from the Parents and the Community.

That's partially correct but it also starts with upward mobility and economic racism.

It's not a coincidence that White male high school dropouts far better economically than some Black college graduates in terms of wealth, homeownership, and the gap in employment is not very wide.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
That's partially correct but it also starts with upward mobility and economic racism.

It's not a coincidence that White male high school dropouts far better economically than some Black college graduates in terms of wealth, homeownership, and the gap in employment is not very wide.

What does Economic racism have to do with robbing struggling people, elders, and killing kids?