Facing Emergency, DC prepares to pass new crime bill/* Secure DC Act signed into law 03/11/24

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
It’s laughable that y’all think throwing people in jail will change anything. They are going to come out of jail with new criminal skills that they learned from other criminals in jail.

Just because you get arrested, that doesn’t mean you’re going to jail for 20 years. These people will be right out in a few months.

I don't think most of us think this will change anything in terms of lowering crime, it comes up here so often because we all understood that this would be the response to the the crime wave. I've mentioned how this will disproportionately impact Black people that are not involved in crime at all and how it would be a cost of implementing these kinds of policies.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I can't believe people called you a republican when they should've been calling you a fukking fascist, although at this point it's basically the same god damn thing
How is fascism for thinking kids need to be in school learning and not running the streets

Crime is up because at risk kids would’ve been at school with their time occupied even if they weren’t learning a damn thing. Instead they were in streets cliquing up or being recruiting by gangs to crash out

IgnorantDwayneWayne

NC Pleighboy
Daps
Okay you named one, one that by the way can turn violent. Do you have anymore?
Shoplifting
Stealing an unoccupied car
Burglary when no one is home
Any kind of scamming activity
Drug dealing
Etc etc

A picnic can turn violent bro that don’t change the fact that a ton of crimes are non violent.

Daps
Dont get sassy, explain why i am wrong.
In 2004 something like 72% of people in federal prison are there for the government, qualifies as "Non-Violent" Crime. So what you're saying makes no fukking sense.

"Overall, nearly three-fourths (72.1%) of federal prisoners are serving time for a non-violent offense and have no history of violence. Data for this analysis is taken from various reports of the Bureau of Justice Statistics, United States Sentencing Commission, and an analysis of the Survey of Inmates in State and Federal Correctional Facilities."

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
It’s laughable that y’all think throwing people in jail will change anything. They are going to come out of jail with new criminal skills that they learned from other criminals in jail.

Just because you get arrested, that doesn’t mean you’re going to jail for 20 years. These people will be right out in a few months.
Then send them back. No one here i believe is talking about sending people to jail for 20 for running a red light, but people committing violent offenses like robbery and murder need to be off the streets for a long time. If the issue is with the time stipulated with the charges, up the time. If the issue is with people getting early release or out before being charged, stop that shyt.

Then people wonder why when some black people when they get successful or productive they stay out of the hood. No one should be living in an area where the prevailing thought is, "Dont send them to jail, they are just going to get worse if you do" while the worst is already happening.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think most of us think this will change anything in terms of lowering crime, it comes up here so often because we all understood that this would be the response to the the crime wave. I've mentioned how this will disproportionately impact Black people that are not involved in crime at all and how it would be a cost of implementing these kinds of policies.

Black people who aren't involved in crime at all are being gunned down now. We're like a confused dog chasing it's tail right now. Absolutely no direction and clueless on what to do.

Daps
How is fascism for thinking kids need to be in school learning and not running the streets

Crime is up because at risk kids would’ve been at school with their time occupied even if they weren’t learning a damn thing. Instead they were in streets cliquing up or being recruiting by gangs to crash out
The suggestion that we should make shoplifting a federal crime is fascist as fukk and shyt you only see in HARD right wing governments. The kind of governments that would slaughter your entire family for your skin color.

You not giving a shyt about kids health is just you being a piece of shyt

So yeah ur a fukking fascist

Daps
Black people who aren't involved in crime at all are being gunned down now. We're like a confused dog chasing it's tail right now. Absolutely no direction and clueless on what to do.
It's really weird to me how you and many others on this board try and characterize the gun violence problem in this country as a black only issue

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
It's really weird to me how you and many others on this board try and characterize the gun violence problem in this country as a black only issue

While it's not a Black only issue, it's an issue that disproportionately impacts Black people. (it's not even close)

wjJzUx.png

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
Then send them back. No one here i believe is talking about sending people to jail for 20 for running a red light, but people committing violent offenses like robbery and murder need to be off the streets for a long time. If the issue is with the time stipulated with the charges, up the time. If the issue is with people getting early release or out before being charged, stop that shyt.

Then people wonder why when some black people when they get successful or productive they stay out of the hood. No one should be living in an area where the prevailing thought is, "Dont send them to jail, they are just going to get worse if you do" while the worst is already happening.
Y’all don’t realize how overpopulated prisons already are. nikkas ARE going to jail at extremely high rates and NOTHING is changing.

I don’t know what the solution is… I live in an area where I see terrorists in our community go to jail, I feel safe for a few weeks or months and then I see those same terrorists right back on the block.

Jail does not rehabilitate it’s a false sense of security. The only solution right now is for the non criminals to leave these neighborhoods but y’all are not gonna like that.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Shoplifting
Stealing an unoccupied car
Burglary when no one is home
Any kind of scamming activity
Drug dealing

Etc etc

A picnic can turn violent bro that don’t change the fact that a ton of crimes are non violent.
All of the shyt i bolded is violent as fukk from the get go, not to mention shoplifting can turn physically violent:

You think stealing a car that someone probably depends on for their job is not violent? The inconvenience and financial damage that can do to a person?

You think someone breaking into another's home and stealing their belongings is not violent? Financial AND emotional damage has been done to the person or family in that house. Traumatic experience for sure.

You think people getting their financials scammed (Bank account, tax returns, 401k, etc) is not violent? You have people getting their life savings or at least large chunks of their saving stolen by degenerates, basically stealing the time they spent accumulating it. Very violent.

Do i need really need to explain how violent drug dealing is, do i?

You must have an issue in your mind if you think what you posted was "non violent".

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I deal with my community 1st, and work outwards.. The problems I see in Calumet Heights, Grand Crossings, South Shore, West Pullman, etc are various in degrees.. What them white folks doing where you live? I really would like to understand.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
While it's not a Black only issue, it's an issue that disproportionately impacts Black people. (it's not even close)

wjJzUx.png

I didn't make it a black issue. He just upset that my focus is on the people I live around.. He trying to save the world when he can't even change his f*cking block. I don't understand why he even quotes me.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Y’all don’t realize how overpopulated prisons already are. nikkas ARE going to jail at extremely high rates and NOTHING is changing.

I don’t know what the solution is… I live in an area where I see terrorists in our community go to jail, I feel safe for a few weeks or months and then I see those same terrorists right back on the block.

Jail does not rehabilitate it’s a false sense of security. The only solution right now is for the non criminals to leave these neighborhoods but y’all are not gonna like that.

When Black people get enough money to leave for better neighborhoods, they do. The problem is that it's an option that is simply out of reach for many Black people.

Daps
I deal with my community 1st, and work outwards.. The problems I see in Calumet Heights, Grand Crossings, South Shore, West Pullman, etc are various in degrees.. What them white folks doing where you live? I really would like to understand.
I live in a majority black area in Orlando. it's just gun problems are a country wide issue that we can really only solve as a whole. It's impossible to solve without the federal government getting heavily involved (Policy, enforcement, gun buybacks etc)