Facing Emergency, DC prepares to pass new crime bill/* Secure DC Act signed into law 03/11/24

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
You grew up over by the Shrimp Boat? :ohhh:

Man I grew up on Gault Pl. In the 80’s, Gault Pl, Hayes St, Jay St and Just Pl was crazy. Along with Lincoln Heights, Clay Terr, and George Washington Carver Apt:damn:
Nah

Me and my wife lived by the shrimp boat for five years.

Im from Oxon Hill, specifically Glassmanor.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Tf you talking about, I ain’t no outta towner…You sound like a nikka playing on the internet

The shyt that was going down my whole young life was mostly because you was either in it, too close to it or hella unlucky. But for the most part you could avoid it.

The youngins today are super gone off the pills, so a lot of this is because they are just doing random shyt, and random shyt is hard to avoid.

Wtf you get off trying to pretend shyt safe for The Coli my guy? That don’t make you no tough guy. You talking outta towners to a guy that was damn near living in the Black Hole and sleeping on the floors in East Capitol Gardens and getting bread off them K St boys so me and my folks could get some Shooters and Alldaz so we could stand in the cafeteria at PG comm college and stunt a lil bit with them 13th graders.

The shyt super bad right now, don’t be a fool

I take this all back if your a young dude, in that case you just don’t know what Tf you talking about
Your feelings don’t matter

Your generation was worse, y’all had significantly higher crime and homicides with a smaller population

It’s literally your generations kids behind this crime wave fukk off

Hov

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your feelings don’t matter

Your generation was worse, y’all had significantly higher crime and homicides with a smaller population

It’s literally your generations kids behind this crime wave fukk off
If your talking generations, then you must be young.

You’re speaking from a statistical perspective and I’m speaking from an anecdotal and experience perspective.

Yes, you are 100% correct that there were bodies 100 more bodies when DC was the murder capitol for those 80s/90s years.

But you’re not factoring in what I keep trying to tell you, how crack and the drug game was as heavy as you see in the movies. Some of those dudes from here on VladTV I know for real, no lie. All that stuff you see in movies and docs about kidnapping and spraying “opps” etc is real for the most part.

The drug game ain’t like that in DC anymore. You still have 90s type Dope kingpins in Baltimore but DC, nah, it’s just not sweet like that. I don’t know the logistics of why, I’m just telling you what I know.

The crime is being done by teens either spraying “opps” or doing really crazy shyt to get some $$$, since the money ain’t in making customers anymore, it’s in carjacking and maiming what used to be “customers”

Also, my Bmore folks hipped me to this when I was young talking about some incident in their city - stop just looking at the homicide rate. Because you can get hit and put in a wheelchair and you don’t count towards the homicide rate but you still a victim. You can get carjacked in broad daylight next to the Wendy’s, you don’t want that right? etc

I’m not competing with you in turns of “whose era was better or worse” - that’s irrelevant. My generation may have raised these kids but that’s hyperbole, I didn’t physically raise a killer.

But I AM in the juvies helping them, I’ve posted this before. I talk and have fun here, but some of these “serial killers” I’ve personally tried to save or helped a few before it got bad or gave kids hope and someone to talk to when locked up.

I’ve also done something in SE that was so big for the community that that little small political guy y’all are referring to pulled up to take pics with me even thought I’ve never met him or had a convo with him prior (we call that a photo op smh)

So this stuff bothers me and it matters to me, and it’s not a joke or a game.

King Poetic

Black Coast Island
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
These are the effects and you still got people wanting to be soft and thinking shyt is a game. This is how neighborhoods eat themselves alive.
Facts

And the people who want to be soft live far way from the crime areas, but they want to show how they down with the hood and everyone else is against these criminals , but guarantee they ass will be the main ones crying if the crime hit their area

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
Pamela Price is horrible. At least Baltimore and D.C. are trying to be tough on juvenile offenders, especially murderers

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
"On average, any given homicide suspect in D.C. has already been arrested 11 times before he or she actually commits homicide."

"Within the first three months of 2023, the city "had over 100 cases where people were charged with a crime of violence, released pretrial and recommitted another violent offense"

Geez, staying my ass out of DC.
The @Alan Johnson and @bnew way

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
You tripping my guy were you from???? :why:

Born and raised, then moved to PG then to Moco and back to the city. Just left mid 2022 to the suburbs, this shyt the worst I ever seen in my life and I grew up off Bennett Rd and I’m in my 40s which makes me live in the middle of the era most people pretending to have seen or been through

shyt is super bad in DC right now

Wait, the worst you've seen in your 40+ years? I'm an 80s baby that grew up in the Baltimore area and remember when DC and bmore were trading spaces for the murder capital in the 90s.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Income inequality drives crime not poverty in of itself.

Ward 8 is the worst part of the city on every metric. Crime would go down if the same attention and investment the rest of the city gets happened in ward 8

Also Some of y’all don’t live in DC or the DMV and should refrain from making blanket statements that may or may not be applicable to DC
I dont think it's that simple. DC has some of the highest dollars spent per student in the country. It's deeper than just throwing more money at a problem

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
Da Youfff

Safe Streets has been fukking useless. Many suspected those Safe Streets workers are still involved in street activities and the city keeps funding and protecting them.