Facing Emergency, DC prepares to pass new crime bill/* Secure DC Act signed into law 03/11/24

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I’m on Kennedy street :comeon: Supposedly a crime ridden neighborhood where I’ll get shot for going outside if y’all tell

I drive, take metro, go to clubs and never been carjacked or a victim of a crime despite what scary out of towners think

You all doing way too much and rely on social media instead of actual data

DC was a legit hell scape when you were growing up, it isn’t now despite this recent crime wave

I used to manage buildings round your way on Jefferson and Madison. Before the sweep.

Those boys used to take shots at my groundskeeper on weekly basis cuz he was always snitching on the dealers.

He’d come to the rental co laughing about it cuz he was a retired cop and wasn’t scared… not sure if they ever got him.

The city is nowhere near as bad as the late 80s early 90s. Social media and cameras make it seem worse than it is.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
But I do gotta agree with the amounts of crazies, homeless, outdoors junkies in places like Conn Ave, Wisconsin Ave, and other parts of Upper NW(Everything West Of Rock), where we never saw shiit like this before.
When people say DC is nuts right now, they really mean they don’t like seeing homeless people.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m on Kennedy street :comeon: Supposedly a crime ridden neighborhood where I’ll get shot for going outside if y’all tell

I drive, take metro, go to clubs and never been carjacked or a victim of a crime despite what scary out of towners think

DC was a legit hell scape when you were growing up, it isn’t now despite this recent crime wave

I used to live on Jefferson between 7th and 8th, in the 710 Building from 93-99.

Even back then, that area was always calm, and residential. Yeah shiit went on, but not in the open, cause it's too damn residential. KDY/Brightwood/Takoma area is literally one off the best areas to live as a Black person in this area.

Shiiit used to amaze me, when I would hear folks talk about how that area was/is grimey. Wtf yall talking bout, I lived there, no its never been like. It's always been mostly quiet and serene

I still stroll through Jefferson and Kennedy a lot. I go that Record on 7th and Kennedy at least once a week. I work in Takoma, so when it's nice, I'll walk home. Ain't no one bothering me, just beautiful houses, sometimes stop by Peaches on 3rd, behind Coolidge, might hit up Adreenes when i pop on Kennedy.

Yeah back in 80s/90s, them apartments on the Hill on 14th around Peabody user to be popping. But now it's mainly Migo families and Ethiopians up there

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
This what a lot don't understand. The fukkery happens in pockets all over the city. I live in Southeast, but my neighborhood is one of the safest in the city. Have anybody else tell it you'd think I'm in the trenches. Big ass difference between Hillcrest and the Highlands.
Before we moved, we lived in Benning Heights. We had bad shyt happen in our neighborhood, but it didn’t feel unsafe.

We would walk in the Fort DuPont park and the Anancostia trail and people were chill. Walk down on Benning to the stadium trial and it’s not bad.

There is property crime, and we had a druggie who stole packages in our neighborhood, but it doesn’t require over policing like people want, including Mayor Bowser and that idiot Trayon White.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
I used to live on Jefferson between 7th and 8th, in the 710 Building from 93-99.

Even back then, that area was always calm, and residential. Yeah shiit went on, but not in the open, cause it's too damn residential. KDY/Brightwood/Takoma area is literally one off the best areas to live as a Black person in this area.

Shiiit used to amaze me, when I would hear folks talk about how that area was/is grimey. Wtf yall talking bout, I lived there, no its never been like. It's always been mostly quiet and serene

I still stroll through Jefferson and Kennedy a lot. I go that Record on 7th and Kennedy at least once a week. I work in Takoma, so when it's nice, I'll walk home. Ain't no one bothering me, just beautiful houses, sometimes stop by Peaches on 3rd, behind Coolidge, might hit up Adreenes when i pop on Kennedy.

Yeah back in 80s/90s, them apartments on the Hill on 14th around Peabody user to be popping. But now it's mainly Migo families and Ethiopians up there

i used to have a client right in those apartments near 14th and Military it’s mostly old AAs and Spanish families ; I’d walk the weather was nice

I won’t say exactly where on kennedy I am but them dudes outside never bothered me

Lowkey uptown/ward 4 is a great area for black folks it’s the least gentrified area of NW and lots of black families and homeowners are still here :yeshrug: It’s expensive but we have great black businesses, relatively safe (aside from certain blocks), not a lot of cacs the further away from metro you are, plenty of parking and buses so car free or car lite living is possible. It’s mostly black (AA annd Caribbean and African especially Ethiopians) and Hispanics up here.

You may see some fukkery around the Georgia Ave metro and on Georgia but for the most part is relatively calm up here

Hov

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Tf you talking about, I ain’t no outta towner…You sound like a nikka playing on the internet

The shyt that was going down my whole young life was mostly because you was either in it, too close to it or hella unlucky. But for the most part you could avoid it.

The youngins today are super gone off the pills, so a lot of this is because they are just doing random shyt, and random shyt is hard to avoid.

Wtf you get off trying to pretend shyt safe for The Coli my guy? That don’t make you no tough guy. You talking outta towners to a guy that was damn near living in the Black Hole and sleeping on the floors in East Capitol Gardens and getting bread off them K St boys so me and my folks could get some Shooters and Alldaz so we could stand in the cafeteria at PG comm college and stunt a lil bit with them 13th graders.

The shyt super bad right now, don’t be a fool

I take this all back if your a young dude, in that case you just don’t know what Tf you talking about

Hov

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And I will say all this really got hot during/after Covid lockdowns.

No lie I feel safer when I’m with my fam in Baltimore, even though I know technically Baltimore is “worse”.

And last summer ran into a homey of mine that’s a longtime DC police officer now, and asked him “was I imagining things” about it being worse, because yes, the “data” says the murder rate was higher, but the shyt I’m seeing feels super random..

And he’s the one that hipped me to the problem now in terms of the youngins basically being junkies with AKs opposed to nikkas with beefs from our day

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Off topic, check out some of these mud ducks (not all) and a creh trying to make Miami Heat dancer's squad. 😂

WATCH: Who wants to be a Miami Heat Dancer?​

How did this make it in this thread?

This aint even the same city.

lochead

All Star
Daps
Reppin
I'm from where Petey come from
Before we moved, we lived in Benning Heights. We had bad shyt happen in our neighborhood, but it didn’t feel unsafe.

We would walk in the Fort DuPont park and the Anancostia trail and people were chill. Walk down on Benning to the stadium trial and it’s not bad.

There is property crime, and we had a druggie who stole packages in our neighborhood, but it doesn’t require over policing like people want, including Mayor Bowser and that idiot Trayon White.
You grew up over by the Shrimp Boat? :ohhh:

Man I grew up on Gault Pl. In the 80’s, Gault Pl, Hayes St, Jay St and Just Pl was crazy. Along with Lincoln Heights, Clay Terr, and George Washington Carver Apt:damn: