Facing Emergency, DC prepares to pass new crime bill/* Secure DC Act signed into law 03/11/24

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who would convict someone over this?

If this was the case then everyone that is poor would be committing crimes

Poverty and crime are intertwined breh. We're all in a sandbox video game and somebody is designing it (WS) to be structured a certain way. We're been forced to be at the bottom of the socioeconomic ladder. Even if 99% of our people aren't committing crime, 1% might be influenced to. It can be anything causing that 1% to act out. It could be a neurodivergent issue. Growing up in fukked up conditions fukk you up mentally. Maybe they're starving, going to a house with no electricity and no food, maybe their piece of shyt father taught them how to sell weed and cook crack, maybe they saw their brother brains shot out as a kid, maybe they got beat everyday by their mother because she's mad she's broke with multiple children, maybe they went to a school that was little different than a detention center and they had to fight everyday. So many things could be influencing these people to become violent. I'm not a crime apologist. You can throw every last one of them nikkas in jail and focus on saving the kids on some Wire shyt but, if the system stays the same it's kinda like mopping up the beach. The powers that be know what the solution is but, it's the same solution to rising healthcare costs, rising tuition costs, rising housing prices and stagnant wages. They want things to remain as unequal as possible so they can extract as much as possible while investing as little as possible back into society.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Poverty and crime are intertwined breh. We're all in a sandbox video game and somebody is designing it (WS) to be structured a certain way. We're been forced to be at the bottom of the socioeconomic ladder. Even if 99% of our people aren't committing crime, 1% might be influenced to. It can be anything causing that 1% to act out. It could be a neurodivergent issue. Growing up in fukked up conditions fukk you up mentally. Maybe they're starving, going to a house with no electricity and no food, maybe their piece of shyt father taught them how to sell weed and cook crack, maybe they saw their brother brains shot out as a kid, maybe they got beat everyday by their mother because she's mad she's broke with multiple children, maybe they went to a school that was little different than a detention center and they had to fight everyday. So many things could be influencing these people to become violent. I'm not a crime apologist. You can throw every last one of them nikkas in jail and focus on saving the kids on some Wire shyt but, if the system stays the same it's kinda like mopping up the beach. The powers that be know what the solution is but, it's the same solution to rising healthcare costs, rising tuition costs, rising housing prices and stagnant wages. They want things to remain as unequal as possible so they can extract as much as possible while investing as little as possible back into society.
You do realize that the system isn’t changing right?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Peace.
Why are civilians Blamed for increasing crime rates?
The color of the person who commits the crime means nothing.
Are we unworthy of police protection?
We have to police ourselves?

The racial identity of the perpetrators of the crimes is of no consequence unless we are being asked to assist in their apprehensions.
But no.

We are to believe we are inherently evil or backwards or incapable of peace.
That’s bullshyt.
No matter the identity of the culprits …the mandate of peace is on police not on the community of people being terrorized by degenerates.
Race matters because crime is localized.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
I wish more folks on here would debate like you my guy.

I absolutely think there's a segment of those in the dominate society that truly think black people are savages and should just be completely ex-communicated from the larger society. And it's fukked up that some of the solutions run parallel to what the Bull Connor's, Sheriff Arpaio's of the US would like to do. But what do you do for the innocent black people who bare the brunt of these crimes? Society breaks down when you think you can be subject to random acts of violence. There's no faith in the future.

I'm a believer in stopping the bleeding and then performing surgery. There needs to be a holistic approach to attack what's happening now and how to prevent it for future generations.

There is no easy solution. We've had conversations before about me being originally from Philly. I grew a half mile where dude randomly killed those 5 people a week ago. What's really fukked up is I've known more people personally that have died in the last 7 years in Philly, than the 20 that I lived there.

I'm not even in the city anymore and I know why, how, and in some cases even WHO committed those murders. Yet they are walking free to this day. It's a multitiered problem that culture contributes to. The police are definitely a problem, because if I know these things, THEY DEFINITELY know, but the bleeding has to stop and then you can address the root causes. And that's on us to hold the Gingrich's, Danielle Outlaw's, the Jim Kenney's feet to the fire.
Yeah I am not from here and we don't live in the city anymore but I know what you mean. One of my part time guys had a relative that was killed over a damn parking spot a couple weeks ago.

I don't have sympathy for violent criminals I just want to break the cycle of short term hammers but no long term fixes.

Daps
I don’t feel like looking through post histories but I wonder how many hypocritical posters are in here applauding this were the same ones screaming about not voting Blue because of the 90s crime bill:patrice:
I'm willing to bet that Venn Diagram is a perfect circle

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps

Nothing but excuses. What about the people that come from poor 3rd world countries? They don't commit crime and work their way up.

Some dude escaped the Taliban and came to America. Worked as Uber driver to make ends meet. Ended up getting killed.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nothing but excuses. What about the people that come from poor 3rd world countries? They don't commit crime and work their way up.

Some dude escaped the Taliban and came to America. Worked as Uber driver to make ends meet. Ended up getting killed.
:mjlol:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Yea exactly fukkery because some of the talking points in this thread feel like a parody of a Fox News show

What talking points?

Black teens are gang banging and killing each other because of systematic racism. They aren't killing each other to put food on the table

How hard is it to put the guns down and respect one another? Or is that not possible because of systematic racism?