Facing Emergency, DC prepares to pass new crime bill/* Secure DC Act signed into law 03/11/24

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
According to Bowser's office, the legislation will:

• Increase the reimbursement for the District’s popular Private Security Camera System Incentive Program which strengthens public safety by increasing the network of cameras available to assist MPD in solving crimes and closing cases.
Thanks for the post. I knew outside party money was going to be in there. Increased surveillance is not surprising one bit.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You advocated for black people living in communes in another thread. When I pointed out that you were talking about communism, you were oblivious to what that was. Maybe just maybe you should consider using numbers and studies to come to conclusions because you're clearly not smart enough to get there on your own.

When I lack the knowledge on something I look outside my own damn head for answers. Maybe you should try and do the same for once in your life

I honestly don't know how some of you a$$holes get through the day without accidentally killing yourselves

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/12/us/freedom-black-cooperative-toomsboro/index.html

You talking about this?

lochead

All Star
Daps
Reppin
I'm from where Petey come from
I actually live in DC and to keep it 100 it’s largely black men and boys killing each other and carjacking each other. I knew people who were victims of carjackings and there’s been mad shootings around my neighborhood almost every night (I live in Congress Heights) and I WITNESSED homicide victims being duffle up while their family members are crying nearby. This isn’t a police issue, it’s dudes having no morality and proper home training and being influenced by Trap and Drill music which celebrates black death issue.
FINALLY someone who actually knows what’s going on in the city!!!! The majority of these folks in this thread ain’t even from the city let alone the DMV. Ever since 2021 these young nikkaz been actin wild. Committing brazen acts of violence on opps and civilians. Like others have said, the Federal Courts and the AG’s office along with the Council that’s led to this. I hate to say this but when the Council was backing the “Defund the Police” movement, MPD said fucc it :manny: Shidd, Bmore, PG and parts of MoCo, NOVA, AA, and Charles Co been crazy since 2021 too.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
FINALLY someone who actually knows what’s going on in the city!!!! The majority of these folks in this thread ain’t even from the city let alone the DMV. Ever since 2021 these young nikkaz been actin wild. Committing brazen acts of violence on opps and civilians. Like others have said, the Federal Courts and the AG’s office along with the Council that’s led to this. I hate to say this but when the Council was backing the “Defund the Police” movement, MPD said fucc it :manny: Shidd, Bmore, PG and parts of MoCo, NOVA, AA, and Charles Co been crazy since 2021 too.

A lot of these posters see humans as lab studies. They take a one size fits all approach to crime thats pushed by out of touch white people. Who eat good off of violence prevention programs and dreams of the gentrification of black neighborhoods.. Absolutely nobody in this thread touched on how immigrants are being encouraged to join the police force.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
He’s wrong about blaming rap music. Drill has been here for a decade. The increase in crime started in 2020

lochead

All Star
Daps
Reppin
I'm from where Petey come from
He’s wrong about blaming rap music. Drill has been here for a decade. The increase in crime started in 2020
Naw he’s right actually. Bruh at least 30 DC area rappers have been spanked :dame: over the last 10 years. All the DC area rappers, rap on the same cadence, and talk about the same things :snoop:. Then it’s LongLive rapper # 19292837 :francis:

On a side note:

My cousin had to bury his 14 y.o. grandson last Saturday. Still haven’t found the nikkaz that did it.

The city was ruthless back in the 80’s and 90’s (City Under Siege for those that know) but most of the killings were all drug related. Dudes lived by a code of kids, mothers, older ones, civilians were off limits.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Naw he’s right actually. Bruh at least 30 DC area rappers have been spanked :dame: over the last 10 years. All the DC area rappers, rap on the same cadence, and talk about the same things :snoop:. Then it’s LongLive rapper # 19292837 :francis:

On a side note:

My cousin had to bury his 14 y.o. grandson last Saturday. Still haven’t found the nikkaz that did it.

The city was ruthless back in the 80’s and 90’s (City Under Siege for those that know) but most of the killings were all drug related. Dudes lived by a code of kids, mothers, older ones, civilians were off limits.
No he’s wrong. Rap isn’t fueling anything