Facing Emergency, DC prepares to pass new crime bill/* Secure DC Act signed into law 03/11/24

Pegasus Jackson

Trump's Amerikkka
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA ZONE 6
Your pay increases over time that’s a starting salary and police in DC who do nightshifts get paid more and there’s also OT so you’d make more than $66K.

There’s also a $25K signing bonus and $6K in rental assistance. You have to live in DC can’t live in PG.

You can find an apartment in DC…I don’t believe that. Might not be in the most desirable area…it might be a studio or small 1 bedroom…might not be a fully renovated spot but you can find a decent apartment on that salary.

Eh... you'd be be at the roach infested Woodner or a private owner in NE/SE somewhere. Rent is absolutely retarded in DC now.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Like i said in my post, they need to have any public assistance they get revoked and start making them pay for court fees. Parents raising shytstains should be made to feel some type of pain.
The reality is that won’t work

Making life more expensive will not make people raise their kids better

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I lived in the DMV for 5 years (a year in actual DC- NoMA...yes with the hipsters and students) and when it was SE violence no one gave a shyt.
They were busy trying to get the homeless tent camp away from the metro stop and shyt like that
I copped a crib in Ft Washington in the middle of the pandemic and Oxon Hill/SE border area was already on some shyt
mad shootings, some fatal. That was already an everyday occurrence.
It didn't start to spread until recently. I grew up in the DMV and left for a few years but when I came back to visit in the 2010s it was improving significantly and a lot of areas were getting safer. It's like in 2020 it just started to fall apart...it was unheard of in the regions I described to have gun violence. You never saw that up in Connecticut or Wisconsin ave in NW. I'm talking very good areas, like near Sidwell Friends (where Presidents send their kids to go to school) and only the wealthiest of the old money live. It's not normal to have gun violence up there.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
trust me. it's getting BAD. even OGs who were around during Rayful era say what's going on now is worse than back then
Those OG’s know that children today even those growing up technically under the “poverty line” have a higher standard of living and better material conditions than they did.

Those so-called OG’s have to take accountability for creating the street nikka culture of today that continues to take children under its wing.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
The reality is that won’t work

Making life more expensive will not make people raise their kids better
If people knew they would not get a handout because they chose poorly repeatedly, a good deal of them would not do so. And if they did not at least tax dollars will not be used to support their dysfunctional lifestyle.

I am saying all of this AND i still think there needs to be funding that promotes and supports upward mobility for those that work for it. But right now the system fuels dysfunction rather than starving it.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Like i said in my post, they need to have any public assistance they get revoked and start making them pay for court fees. Parents raising shytstains should be made to feel some type of pain.
You couldn’t live in the projects if you had bad behaved kids or didn’t have jobs back in the day when they were first building them

The way it is now is was not how it started out

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
You couldn’t live in the projects if you had bad behaved kids or didn’t have jobs back in the day when they were first building them
That is possible, not knowledgeable about that. However we know this fukked up culture of violence and criminality comes from dysfunctional homes subsidized by the government. If you want to live your life as a fukk up and want to raise your kids as fukk ups, do it on your own dollar. Only thing i want my tax dollars going to for those like that is incarceration. Make the area safe and support those that are trying to do and be better.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
That is possible, not knowledgeable about that. However we know this fukked up culture of violence and criminality comes from dysfunctional homes subsidized by the government. If you want to live your life as a fukk up and want to raise your kids as fukk ups, do it on your own dollar. Only thing i want my tax dollars going to for those like that is incarceration. Make the area safe and support those that are trying to do and be better.
Yup when these mfers out here carjacking and killing non violent people but have a place to sleep, are being fed and don’t look emaciated with sunken cheeks or ribs showing, given sex, it is just positive reinforcement. We are conditioning the community into thinking we condone it.

You’re right about funding upward mobility because that’s how cacs got out of the projects. The federal, local government and the private sector lifted them out but barred us

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
If people knew they would not get a handout because they chose poorly repeatedly, a good deal of them would not do so. And if they did not at least tax dollars will not be used to support their dysfunctional lifestyle.

I am saying all of this AND i still think there needs to be funding that promotes and supports upward mobility for those that work for it. But right now the system fuels dysfunction rather than starving it.
The folks you’re talking about will not change their behavior and would probably turn to more crime without access to welfare :yeshrug:

If anything they’ll likely be more likely to abandon their children then suddenly learn to be good parents. A large chunk of the juvenile criminals in DC for example are foster kids or don’t have a fixed address

We can’t cut welfare and benefits for the bottom of our society before uplifting them first.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
I think bad parenting is a big reason but you have to ask yourself how these bad parents were created and why these people are in a cyclical of failure.

I don't think some people how realize how deep the impact of the 80s crack era goes. You have crack babies from that era who had kids with no foundation or structure. Now those kids are having kids. The city cleaned up the mess from the crack era, but there's a lot of people who never really recovered. DC started going thru super rapid gentrification, making the problem even worse. It's an ugly situation without an easy solution.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
The folks you’re talking about will not change their behavior and would probably turn to more crime without access to welfare :yeshrug:

If anything they’ll likely be more likely to abandon their children then suddenly learn to be good parents. A large chunk of the juvenile criminals in DC for example are foster kids or don’t have a fixed address

We can’t cut welfare and benefits for the bottom of our society before uplifting them first.
You cant force people to do better, you can only give them options. There will always be fukk ups. There will always be underachievers. There will always be the lazy and the indolent. You can not save everyone.

You can only provide a safe environment and support for those that want to do better. You can give free housing, stipends and free training for careers and there will be people that do not take advantage.

At this point you have to punish the parents for their children. From financial all the way to criminal punishments. They are creating this problem.

Wink Beaufield

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Southeast DC
This is a big problem in DC. Teenagers who know they aren't going to get serious sentences are committing violent crimes either for themselves or on behalf of others. They have to trial these kids as adults - and no - no PC "oh its just Fox News blah blah blah" no - these kids are fukked up and demonic and because they don't think there are any consequences they just go out and commit violence.

Also. Remember that kid that got clapped breaking into cars? There's a lot of folks that would not convict the breh that shot that kid if they were on that jury.

Keep an eye on that trial when it come up.