Facing Emergency, DC prepares to pass new crime bill/* Secure DC Act signed into law 03/11/24

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
aint no more excuses.

EVERYBODY is hiring.
you can learn everything on the internet.
no knowledge is hidden.

if youre still out there doing violent crimes or causing chaos nobody is going to feel bad for what happens to you.

black folks gotta stop caring about our criminals and worry about the people that are trying to live a straight life.

tell me how normal people are supposed to function when they live next door to the folks shooting shyt up?

free criminals bring down the quality of life for EVERYONE...
...and then yall wonder why black kids have the lowest scores in school.

its because they have to navigate around these clowns while also figuring out who they are as young black people because their identity is tied to rappers, entertainers and criminals.

I wouldn't say everyone is hiring. Black workforce at major tech corporations run like 10 percent or less.

Even with a STEM degree there are hurdles.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I wouldn't say everyone is hiring. Black workforce at major tech corporations run like 10 percent or less.

Along with the fact that the game is rigged for black folks to be stuck in a rut, and not go higher than a 10 cent pay raise. Lets not talk about the bullshyt "protocol" chain of command where folks who are done wrong can't go to the higher ups to make change because "know your role and take the pay":mjpls:

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Violence in DC has gotten pretty insane. The amount of violent crime - the truth is - at one point if it was just in certain areas :mjpls: no one cared...but now its starting to get into expensive zip codes. I'm talking Wisconsin ave, Georgetown, Connecticut, best places of North West...

People don't pay 2 and 3 million dollars for a house to deal with randomly getting robbed, beaten or shot. There was a post on reddit a month ago about a man that was randomly carjacked by two teens...one with a semi automatic rifle ...driving from his government job downtown...

That's not normal. The District was improving and then lost its mind after 2020.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps

Well we don't know if these criminals are even trying for 1. For 2, a lot of these criminals are mid to late teens with zero responsibility.

So yes, everybody is hiring.

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Breh was a military vet

This is a big problem in DC. Teenagers who know they aren't going to get serious sentences are committing violent crimes either for themselves or on behalf of others. They have to trial these kids as adults - and no - no PC "oh its just Fox News blah blah blah" no - these kids are fukked up and demonic and because they don't think there are any consequences they just go out and commit violence.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
I agree with you, but respectfully do you live in that area? Perhaps we should be concerned with what the residents, specifically the working class men and women but also the elderly, want.
trust me. it's getting BAD. even OGs who were around during Rayful era say what's going on now is worse than back then

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Well we don't know if these criminals are even trying for 1. For 2, a lot of these criminals are mid to late teens with zero responsibility.

So yes, everybody is hiring.

There are no excuses but this is a multifaceted issue with multiple causes.

I think bad parenting is a big reason but you have to ask yourself how these bad parents were created and why these people are in a cyclical of failure.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

These dudes robbing and killing in the hood are nowhere near STEM degrees or being tech workers.

Instead of robbing an old lady become a home health aide they paying up to $22.50 an hour in cities like DC and NYC and it’s flexible hours you can even do it with a family member.

UPS is also hiring nikka :russell:

shyt DC police is hiring better benefits and good pay once you get your longevity more job security and less threat of automation :russell:

Last edited:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
You can reduce crime without expanded the surveillance state.
How

No one with a stem degree is committing armed robbery

The point he was making is that these aren’t crimes of desperation and hunger

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
D.C. Citizens: "Hello Mr. Government, we need more jobs and more/lower housing prices. Can you help us with that?"

D.C. Government: " Sure!!! No problem, we'll increase the police budget, and make laws stricter. There you go, now stop complaining..."

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Violence in DC has gotten pretty insane. The amount of violent crime - the truth is - at one point if it was just in certain areas :mjpls: no one cared...but now its starting to get into expensive zip codes. I'm talking Wisconsin ave, Georgetown, Connecticut, best places of North West...

People don't pay 2 and 3 million dollars for a house to deal with randomly getting robbed, beaten or shot. There was a post on reddit a month ago about a man that was randomly carjacked by two teens...one with a semi automatic rifle ...driving from his government job downtown...

That's not normal. The District was improving and then lost its mind after 2020.

It seems like after 2020, shyt got legit crazy in not only major cities, but small ones as well. This Uber driver was telling my family and I that the crime used to be low in the city, but raised a bit over the years. Its not as bad as most cities, but its still alarming that there was a time when bodies were in the usual ratio. Now folks can't even go outside without the fear of being a statistic.

You have random shootings, carjackings, and so forths that makes the 80s/90s argument seem like poppycock.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
It contributes to moral rot.

If no one is in your community is a professional with decorum you are more likely to fall victim to crime.

No it doesn't. Your culture and who raised you dictates your actions towards a life of crime, not systematic racism. Every black person has to go through some type of systematic racism and a lot of us don't resort to crime.

I could lose my job and house tomorrow, I'm not about to go robbing people. Walmart is always hiring.

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps

I lived in the DMV for 5 years (a year in actual DC- NoMA...yes with the hipsters and students) and when it was SE violence no one gave a shyt.
They were busy trying to get the homeless tent camp away from the metro stop and shyt like that
I copped a crib in Ft Washington in the middle of the pandemic and Oxon Hill/SE border area was already on some shyt
mad shootings, some fatal. That was already an everyday occurrence.