Facebook acquired Oculus Rift for $2 billion

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
do you want to put your oculus on and have facebook constantly trying to sync your profile to the headset?
Do you have any indication that this is what will happen?

my big problem is i dont want it to be connected to anything except what i want, mostly games and the internet, not any social media.
You and other supporters should make this known to OR/Facebook

2 billion just got facebook, instagram and whatsapp and whatever else they own premium space on the oculus rift OS.
Most OS's come preloaded with those apps these days. The consumer version of OR would probably have them with or without this acquisition. And at any rate that's a small price to pay for full financial backing which is what OR needs if its ever gonna be successful.

im sure it wont be really intrusive but just intrusive enough...

i'd rather only connect my psn to morpheus and wait to d/l a facebook app IF i decide to get it, i won't though.
:wtf:But your ps4 is already integrated with Facebook

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
After being extremely pissed by this acquisition, I think it might be a good look for FB. It's gonna be their wearable tech. They need to be in that market to continue to compete with google.

It's still a bad look for gaming though, and I'm still very pissed about that.

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
Yall think Google is sleeping? :youngsabo:
BTW,
oculus_rift3.jpg
:scusthov:
Now this:
Sony_Project_Morpheus_35873300-2914-015.jpg

:whew:

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
Do you have any indication that this is what will happen?

yeah them backing it means they want some real estate in the os. if google had backed them im sure wack ass google+ would have been attached too.

You and other supporters should make this known to OR/Facebook

im all over reddit speaking my mind :troll:

Most OS's come preloaded with those apps these days. The consumer version of OR would probably have them with or without this acquisition. And at any rate that's a small price to pay for full financial backing which is what OR needs if its ever gonna be successful.

they could have gotten financial backing from anyone. 2 billion from fb vs 1 billion from google means nothing, who ever they chose would have seen this all the way through.

:wtf:But your ps4 is already integrated with Facebook

no ps4 yet but my fb wont be connected when i get it :ufdup:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
yeah them backing it means they want some real estate in the os. if google had backed them im sure wack ass google+ would have been attached too.
So you're just speculating :ohhh:
im all over reddit speaking my mind :troll:
Good

they could have gotten financial backing from anyone. 2 billion from fb vs 1 billion from google means nothing, who ever they chose would have seen this all the way through.
And anyone would expect them to do stuff. They say they chose FB over google, apple, and M$ because they didnt try to come in with their own plan. They let OR continue operations as usual.

no ps4 yet but my fb wont be connected when i get it :ufdup:

I don't think you have a choice :patrice:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:heh: pledge $25 to a company and think you tellem what to do brehs

and something else no one has failed to mention, they bashing FB cause of privacy

but we forgot this lil gem right here?

The PlayStation Network outage was the result of an "external intrusion" on Sony's PlayStation Network and Qriocity services, in which personal details from approximately 77 million accounts were stolen and prevented users of PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Portable consoles from playing online through the service.[1][2][3][4] The attack occurred between April 17 and April 19, 2011,[1]forcing Sony to turn off the PlayStation Network on April 20. On May 4 Sony confirmed that personally identifiable information from each of the 77 million accounts appeared to have been stolen.[5]The outage lasted 24 days.[6]