Ezekiel 25:17 ...When I Lay My Vengeance Upon Thee - Official 2016 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First lets address the "could have been"
Imagine the legacy of Dak Prescott being a rookie starting in the Super Bowl against Tom Brady :wow::ohhh::whoo:.....wasted opportunity which goes to the next point..
Brehs..@*DalMem* @dtownreppin214 @twan83

Its time to address the elephant in the room. After watching the destruction of the Packers and taking everything in......it comes back to Romo.

A healthy Romo torches the Packers IN Dallas with the Cowboys. Why? Because of a wealth of experience and knowledge would have allowed him to ball on them like Dak did as well. Except without the limits of the staff.
This isn't to say Romo > Dak. Its just that game was a perfect example of a Romo game. A perfect example of why Jerry low key wanted Romo out there. Because????

Romo could cover for the stupidity of the Cowboys coaching staff. If the game came down to coaching then it puts the Cowboys at a disadvantage. No matter how much better Dak is than him at this point in his career. Romo is checking out of some of the fukk shyt play calling earlier in the game and feeding the ball to Zeke. Dak was a prisoner to Linehan/Garrett in the first half. That probably doesn't happen to Romo against that sorry Packers defense. He gets Zeke going while the coaches try to figure out shyt in the 2nd half.

There is no excuse for the Cowboys to not be in the NFC Championship at least. Falcons/Cowboys would have been a great game. :yeshrug:

It came down a rookie QB who NEEDED a focused staff to help guide him in that game until he is fully comfortable. The Cowboys had none of that and it cost them.

The Jerry/Romo love wasn't because Dak isn't better. In the back of his mind he knew Romo's experience could possibly be needed to overcome the staff's flaws for a game. Dak still almost pulled it off.

Sorry to you brehs, but yall not making it to the NFC championship is one of the biggest letdowns this past year in sports. Team was way too talented. Actually would have matched up well vs. the Patriots on paper as well. :hhh:

Does Romo stop the stupid penalties and drop balls as well. :ohhh:

Does Romo stop the Packers from going 90 yards on 2 of the first 3 drives. :ohhh:

Has Romo ever had a playoffs performance as good as Dak did last week. :ohhh:

Has Romo ever threw for over 300 yards in a playoffs game. :ohhh:

Has Romo ever had 3 TDs in a playoffs game. :ohhh:

Did Romo lose to this same Packers team 2 years ago. :ohhh:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Imagine the legacy of Dak Prescott being a rookie starting in the Super Bowl against Tom Brady :wow::ohhh::whoo:.....wasted opportunity which goes to the next point..
Brehs..@*DalMem* @dtownreppin214 @twan83 @BlueHeffner

Its time to address the elephant in the room. After watching the destruction of the Packers and taking everything in......it comes back to Romo.

A healthy Romo torches the Packers IN Dallas with the Cowboys. Why? Because of a wealth of experience and knowledge would have allowed him to ball on them like Dak did as well. Except without the limits of the staff.
This isn't to say Romo > Dak. Its just that game was a perfect example of a Romo game. A perfect example of why Jerry low key wanted Romo out there. Because????

Romo could cover for the stupidity of the Cowboys coaching staff. If the game came down to coaching then it puts the Cowboys at a disadvantage. No matter how much better Dak is than him at this point in his career. Romo is checking out of some of the fukk shyt play calling earlier in the game and feeding the ball to Zeke. Dak was a prisoner to Linehan/Garrett in the first half. That probably doesn't happen to Romo against that sorry Packers defense. He gets Zeke going while the coaches try to figure out shyt in the 2nd half.

There is no excuse for the Cowboys to not be in the NFC Championship at least. Falcons/Cowboys would have been a great game. :yeshrug:

It came down a rookie QB who NEEDED a focused staff to help guide him in that game until he is fully comfortable. The Cowboys had none of that and it cost them.

The Jerry/Romo love wasn't because Dak isn't better. In the back of his mind he knew Romo's experience could possibly be needed to overcome the staff's flaws for a game. Dak still almost pulled it off.

Sorry to you brehs, but yall not making it to the NFC championship is one of the biggest letdowns this past year in sports. Team was way too talented. Actually would have matched up well vs. the Patriots on paper as well. :hhh:
Ya, we get it. You feel the need to constantly remind us that we disappointed. Move along now.

I'm sure it was Dak's fault the defense gave up 3 straight TDs to start the game.

I'm sure it was Dak's fault we got caught with 12 men on the field twice.

I'm sure it was Dak's fault the NFL called a bullshyt penalty for the first time in 30+ years this game that happened to go against us.

I'm sure it was Dak's fault the coaches threw the ball 7 out of 8 times on 3rd and short situations.

I'm sure it was Dak's fault Garrett mismanaged the clock.

I'm sure it was Dak's fault the defense let Rodgers convert a 3rd and 20.

I'm sure it was Dak's fault Crosby nailed two 50 yard FGs.

Yeah, Romo would definitely have fixed all of the above.

:camby:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Brehs..@*DalMem* @dtownreppin214 @twan83

And if jerry truly felt that way bout coaching staff he would get rid of them but he doesn't cuz he don't feel that way
Romo is his other son simple as that
If anything he probably feels bad cuz he wasted his years away with no help him and ware and witten and it's jerry fault
As far as that game goes yes romo does do that but at same time romo pick will happen at the worse time also it's 50% chance and I love romo but he is farveish
If anything romo is the most underrated and unappreciated qb too me of all time for what he went thru and how he kept cowboys relevant and making the playoffs

Reality is this we never fixed our defense with romo
We barely fixed our offense with romo then what happens that stupid catch situation
Then romo and dez injury
Then romo injury again and it was over for him

Romo can't fix our defense
Romo can call a better offense cuz our coaching staff is stupid
But romo can also cause us too lose at worse time possible

Dak was held back by staff then they finally got their shyt together and dak balled out had better playoff game romo ever had as a rookie
Dak isn't turnover prone either

Coaching staff fukked us and our defense did too
If anything I feel for lee granted he gets injuried
He same as ware all that work no damn help

How we have qb rb wr ball out and still lose it's :scust:
Even more so 2 of em rookies
Even more so cuz falcons D is worse than packers

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Does Romo stop the stupid penalties and drop balls as well. :ohhh:

Does Romo stop the Packers from going 90 yards on 2 of the first 3 drives. :ohhh:

Has Romo ever had a playoffs performance as good as Dak did last week. :ohhh:

Has Romo ever threw for over 300 yards in a playoffs game. :ohhh:

Has Romo ever had 3 TDs in a playoffs game. :ohhh:

Did Romo lose to this same Packers team 2 years ago. :ohhh:
Take the emotion out of it breh.
The Cowboys were in a legit shoot out from the jump. The defensive staff wasn't prepared. However, it was inexcusable for the coaching staff to not use Zeke in the 1st half.
Again I'm saying this "Hypothetical Romo" that Jerry was still holding onto hope for.
His experience (Hypothetical/healthy Romo) could have overcome the ineptitude of the Cowboys coaching staff the 1st half. They were constantly leaving plays/points on the field because they just were not ready.

Let me rephrase what I wrote earlier. I'm not saying this current Romo WOULD have done those things. I'm saying this was the belief in the back of Jerry's mind.

I don't think Romo could have come back from down 18 like Dak. However, I don't think this hypothetical Romo gets down 18 with this talent around him either. They left a rookie QB out there to dry that 1st half.

It isn't a shot at Dak. It's a more a shot at the coaching staff. Because a competent staff wouldn't have had to deal with those issues early. Dak should have never been in that position in the 1st half. The Romo hope purely exists because it could overcome a non prepared staff. That was the only reason for it.

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
Boys lost the divisional round game last week and in 2014 and in 2007. There are some common denominators to those losses and Dak/Romo are not part of that. We could've beaten GB with either QB. Again there some things holding up Boys taking next step and that's not Dak or Romo. Both QBs have lots of pros and some shortcomings but they aren't the reason why we can't make the NFCCG...but they are used as the scapegoats.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Before last week, the thought of the Cowboys winning a SB in TX was a real possibility, but our coaches really messed all of that up, our team gave their all and we lost in one of the worst ways a team could lose...

By a FG in your home town....

Then these frauds get by to get wrecked by an inferior team that will seem to be a light snack for the AFC winner? This is just an awful feeling as when Romo botched that FG attempt vs Seattle, though this is probably a little worse because the team is lethal, but led by incompetent coaching staff.

Glad GB got wrecked, but realistically it should have been Dallas with the sweep up this year, GB, ATL, then NE...

I'd rather have Jerry with the ring vs Robert KKKraft tbh

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Funny how everyone wanna now say romo can do this shyt
When everyone was shytting on romo when he was playing last decade for us
Now u wanna appreciate him
fukk outta here with that
First off it disrespectful to dak
Second we all loved romo good and the bad and rode with him whole time
We all blamed coaching staff and front office that if u don't help him it will catch up to him and it did

Romo is beloved by us and he got done dirty by jerry and coaching staff
Now jerry bytch ass wanna make it up too him cuz once he realized that o line was godly and that we need a good rb and a better defense he knew he fukked up romo cuz of his own damn ego

I have faith if his ass was doing right romo would of gotten a chip now

Now he sees the light we gonna do right by dak
Shouldn't have came to that in the first place but I'll say this

Defense don't improve ain't shyt gonna change same problems as before
Coaching also is the biggest issue make shyt too hard use damn common sense

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Cowboys were in a legit shoot out from the jump. The defensive staff wasn't prepared. However, it was inexcusable for the coaching staff to not use Zeke in the 1st half.
Again I'm saying this "Hypothetical Romo" that Jerry was still holding onto hope for.
His experience (Hypothetical/healthy Romo) could have overcome the ineptitude of the Cowboys coaching staff the 1st half. They were constantly leaving plays/points on the field because they just were not ready.

Let me rephrase what I wrote earlier. I'm not saying this current Romo WOULD have done those things. I'm saying this was the belief in the back of Jerry's mind.

I don't think Romo could have come back from down 18 like Dak. However, I don't think this hypothetical Romo gets down 18 with this talent around him either. They left a rookie QB out there to dry that 1st half.

It isn't a shot at Dak. It's a more a shot at the coaching staff. Because a competent staff wouldn't have had to deal with those issues early. Dak should have never been in that position in the 1st half. The Romo hope purely exists because it could overcome a non prepared staff. That was the only reason for it.

Fam you can't be serious :snoop:

From day 1 the problem has always been defense. Especially the defensive line.

This been a problem ever since dumbass Jerry Jones decide to put all the money on a fukking secondary instead of finding replacements for an aging D-Ware and J-Ratliff.

I'm not so sure we would've been able to even stop Matt Ryan and Julio Jones with a Pro Bowl Tony Romo. :stopitslime:

Tony Romo can't help the D-Line put presser on Matt Ryan or Aaron Rodgers.

Last edited:

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
Very disappointing that Tyrone Crawford getting that huge contract and under preforming.

2.5 sacks per season
15 tackles per season
0.2 forced fumbles per season...only 1 in his entire career
0.4 fumble recoveries per season...only 2 in his entire career

Seems like D Irving only getting chump change and outperformed him.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I guess Tony Romo was supposed to out score our way to a 6th Super Bowl. :martin:
Breh I think you're missing the context of my post. Dak is that dude and I'm personally not vouching for Romo. I can at least *get* why Jerry held out hope.

I gotta take the emotion out of it too. I lost a grip on that game and its still pissing me off a week later. So my bad. :mjcry:

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago

I have to agree with everything you're saying here. An experienced Romo would indeed not have fallen behind 21-3 because an experienced Romo would have kept Rodgers azz on the sidelines. I definitely got your shot at the coaching staff. My thing is, if Jerry thinks or even knows this coaching staff is incompetent, why keep them? There is no way you should be passing the ball on 3rd and 2 over and over when you have a top 3 running back and the best offensive line in the league. You know your best defense is keeping your offense on the field. If you wanted to throw the ball around the field, you should have either played Romo or played Dak that entire Philly game to show if he can QB a game like that. You been running the ball on 3rd and short all year but you play differently in the postseason? Remind anyone of a certain year? We did the same thing that year too. We just added somebody else who likes to pass it more than him.

Also agree with the comeback thing. We have seen Romo come back from three touchdowns before. But not like what Dak last week. I don't see Romo coming back last week in that game. What Dak did was extremely impressive considering the coaching he was getting. He works on his footwork and accuracy, we got something there.

MAGNETO.

#STARKSET #LEMONCAKEGANG #NYGBIGBLUE
Daps
Reppin
NY FOOTBALL GIANTS. #STARKSET
Before last week, the thought of the Cowboys winning a SB in TX was a real possibility, but our coaches really messed all of that up, our team gave their all and we lost in one of the worst ways a team could lose...

By a FG in your home town....

Then these frauds get by to get wrecked by an inferior team that will seem to be a light snack for the AFC winner? This is just an awful feeling as when Romo botched that FG attempt vs Seattle, though this is probably a little worse because the team is lethal, but led by incompetent coaching staff.

Glad GB got wrecked, but realistically it should have been Dallas with the sweep up this year, GB, ATL, then NE...

I'd rather have Jerry with the ring vs Robert KKKraft tbh

DALLAS WITH THE SWEEP WITH A ROOKIE QB :hhh::usure:

2 PLAYOFF WINS IN 23 YEARS AND YOU GONE SWEEP :scust:

:laff:

MAGNETO.

#STARKSET #LEMONCAKEGANG #NYGBIGBLUE
Daps
Reppin
NY FOOTBALL GIANTS. #STARKSET
What that NFC title game showed me more than anything is the formula is never broken. Get a pass rush. Get it anyway you can.

It's easy to generate a pass rush when you're up 20

Despite their pass rush Rodgers was torching them and had they not committed the turnover and missed field goal the game would've been close heading into the half.

I fully expect Bill B to expose this defense.