Ezekiel 25:17 ...When I Lay My Vengeance Upon Thee - Official 2016 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
The unsportsmanlike penalty on Butler hasn't been called in a NFL game since 1984.

Sucker ass refs trying to be fukking cute. Honestly that should be a 5yd penalty at best esp considering it was still a WR for a WR. Its not like it was an olineman then switch to a skill position player. I wouldn't be surprised if that cat had bread on the game or some shyt.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Sucker ass refs trying to be fukking cute. Honestly that should be a 5yd penalty at best esp considering it was still a WR for a WR. Its not like it was an olineman then switch to a skill position player. I wouldn't be surprised if that cat had bread on the game or some shyt.
Head ref could have easily went over to Garrett and quietly let him know about the violation and that if it continues, he will flag us. Instead, he decides to make a name for himself in the 1st quarter of a playoff game??!!! F*ing idiot. This gottdamn league is so crooked it makes me wonder what's the point sometimes of being a fan.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
No offense breh but if your main defense of a player is to destroy his supporting cast then you've lost the debate. We're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one my boy.
Its cool breh, but youve had an agenda against Byron since last year. On CZ, your argument was that we screwed up in the draft by taking the lesser of the two players at the same position. I disagree because Jones was brought here to play CB.

But ima let u cook tho bc today isnt the day to be defending Byron Jones.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
The unsportsmanlike penalty on Butler hasn't been called in a NFL game since 1984.

I am speculating here, but I would give some props to the Packers coaches. I would bet that wasn't the first time in the game that we did that, and they told the refs to watch for it next time. They clearly knew the rule and our coaches apparently didn't.

It is a dumbass penalty, and it a dumbass call, but it's another example of our coaching staff being outsmarted. Who is sending Butler in the game when he's not supposed to be in? Or why does Butler THINK he's supposed to be going in if he's not? Why is Butler even on the roster?

All arrows point back to the coaches.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
I am speculating here, but I would give some props to the Packers coaches. I would bet that wasn't the first time in the game that we did that, and they told the refs to watch for it next time. They clearly knew the rule and our coaches apparently didn't.

It is a dumbass penalty, and it a dumbass call, but it's another example of our coaching staff being outsmarted. Who is sending Butler in the game when he's not supposed to be in? Or why does Butler THINK he's supposed to be going in if he's not? Why is Butler even on the roster?

I ain't even tryna laugh today and I got my right ring finger taped to my middle finger just in case a niggga wanna throw hands but the bold :lolbron:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers

I wouldn't be surprised if that's how it played out. Outsmarted by a team that had half the time to prepare. But that's why the Packers are contenders every year.

Overall, that Raiders castoff Butler was too involved in our gameplan yesterday. Soft ass couldn't nab anything. Meanwhile our running backs combined for 1 catch. Ellliott/McFadden/Dunbar's pass catching ability is one of our strengths. Unfortunately, we didn't play that card yesterday AT ALL. McFadden didn't even get a touch. SMH. All that talk about him being fresh for the playoffs was for nothing.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
I wouldn't be surprised if that's how it played out. Outsmarted by a team that had half the time to prepare. But that's why the Packers are contenders every year.

Overall, that Raiders castoff Butler was too involved in our gameplan yesterday. Soft ass couldn't nab anything. Meanwhile our running backs combined for 1 catch. Ellliott/McFadden/Dunbar's pass catching ability is one of our strengths. Unfortunately, we didn't play that card yesterday. McFadden didn't even get a touch. SMH.

It's the same bullshyt we already been knowing about Linehan and Garrett though, they love to get cute and outsmart themselves. Garrett been doing that shyt forever. It's the same reason they call 3 passes from the 15, or pass on 3rd and 2, etc. These dumbasses probably really thought they was gonna bust out this secret weapon with Brice Butler and unleash him on the Packers :mjlol:

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
I don't care that our D gave up 31...our HC, DC and OC let us down.:dame:

Jason Garrett is on Andy Reid and Marvin Lewis level....

McNabb should have made it more to SBs. KC couldn't beat Steelers who scored only 6 FGs in the game.:francis:

Lewis should have beat Pitts last year, but they choked in the first round to a AB-less Steelers....plus his team with the stupid penalties. :stopitslime:

Let's hope Dak doesn't rot like Luck is currently....shyt is crazy. :gucci:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW

:why:

You shouldn't have posted this.

Just reinvigorated the fury I had during the entire first half.

Honestly, I feel we got screwed more yesterday than in 2014.

Why don't these refs love us, man :to:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Honestly, I feel we got screwed more yesterday than in 2014.
I feel the same way.

Reversing the call on the field in '14 was unforgivable. Blandino should have been fired for that decision and the PR mess afterwards.

That being said, 50% chance Rodgers goes down and scores to win that game.

Yesterday, the refs were taking 4 pts here, 3 pts there, extending their drives to give them 7 pts. I mean damn bro in a 3 pt game, I can think of 3-4 ways we could have made that deficit up through ref decisions.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I give Linehan props for dealing with our offense with 2 rookies. But I prefer Calihan play calling from 2014. It was simple power play calling. No fancy shyt. If we got stopped in short with the rushing game, it was what it was, but you knew what was coming

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
we got some tough road games next season :picard:

did Mason Crosby thank Garrett for the free practice kick after the game :hhh:
I'm discussing this on CZ right now. These idiots think he did everything right. That you're supposed to let the kicker kick it. :mjlol:

Here's a definition from sporting charts -

Icing the Kicker Definition - Sporting Charts

This is a tactic used by head coaches in which a time-out is called immediately before the opposing team snaps the ball on a field goal. It is intended to psych out the opposing kicker and give him extra time to think about the kick.

Sporting Charts explains Icing the Kicker
This tactic is intended to make the kicker more nervous than he already is before a kick. However, what often happens is that the ball is still snapped after the time-out is called, and the kicker kicks it anyway. Icing the kicker is an aggressive tactic that often backfires, as sometimes the kick is missed yet due to the time-out the kicker is given a second try and makes it.

Esquire Article-

Why NFL Kickers Want Head Coaches to Ice Them

Yet, NFL head coaches are doing precisely this, calling last-millisecond time outs in an attempt to "ice" the opposing kicker, inadvertently giving the other team a free practice shot at a field goal.

Jay Feely-

"I heard the whistle before I started, which is an advantage to the kicker. If you're going to do that, do that before he kicks. I can kick it down the middle, see what the wind does and adjust. It helps the kicker tremendously."

Adam Vinatieri-

"Sometimes, though, it may be a good thing. It gives us an opportunity to actually see the ball on the ground, kick the ball and have another shot at it."