Ezekiel 25:17 ...When I Lay My Vengeance Upon Thee - Official 2016 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Yeah, you guys are really blowing things out of proportion.

Should we have won this game? Yes.
Was everything set up exceptionally well for us to make a run? Yes.

But just because we lost doesn't erase what we discovered this year.

Brehs acting like we lost the Divisional Round game and now we no longer have a franchise QB for the next 10-15 years. Like we don't have a transcendental talent at RB. Like we don't have a ridiculous OLine with everyone besides Free being 25 and younger.

Are we guaranteed the 1 seed next year? No.
Are we guaranteed NFC East crown next year? No.

But that's how it always is in sports. We lost our first playoff game where we featured two rookies and a horrible defense and people are forgetting everything that was discussed this year about a new window of contention.

Maybe we don't get lucky again with injuries. But if you all think we won't be back in the Divisional Round in the next several years, you're being too emotional.

Last two seasons with this oline, good running game, and above average QB play, we've won 12+ games. In 2014 we were ravaged by injuries and still did it.

Divisional Round ain't shyt. We'll be back. Top 8 teams make it. I'm not deathly afraid of our window of being a top 8 team being closed all of a sudden.

Borderline disgusting how some of you acting like 23 y/o Dak and 21 y/o Zeke is the last chance we'll have at a SB.

Washington has Cousins :mjlol:
Eagles need an entire roster overhaul outside of QB and front 7
Eli only has a few days left.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Codeine I hear what youre saying but heres the thing.

Bottom line is our coaching staff aint shyt. Only way we can win is by overcoming there stupidity constantly. We had better personnel, home field, better health, AND STILL LOST.

This team sucks with extra time off. That lies solely on the coaching staff for not having this team prepared.

Weve seen this story so many times before, even with Romo. The defense getting torched and the offense sleep walking for the first 20 minutes of the game.

I wont even get in to our roster next year:snoop:
Coaching staff has been horrible for decades.

Garrett is literally one of the WOAT I've ever seen.

It's why I never got hyped about this being THE year. I don't want to bring more pessimism into this thread, but if he managed to squeek by this week, he probably fukks up next week and/or SB week.

Both AFC coaches would run circles around Garrett in the SB.

It is what it is. But we already knew the coaching staff was horrendous so I don't see why everybody is so surprised and aghast acting like NOW it's over.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
i made a thread on CZ last week pointing out how we drafted him over Landon Collins and Randy Gregory over Frank Clark in the '15 draft (that class is looking weak by the way). @BlueHeffner said I was whining and many others claimed that Jones was a better fit for us than Collins. I kid you not, someone said we already had Collins in Wilcox and Church. :mjlol:

Speaking of which, how pathetic was Church today?
Breh

Collins plays in a secondary with Janoris, DRC, and Apple. He also plays behind JPP and OV
In a scheme when the DC constantly sends pressure

Jones plays in a secondary with Church Wilcox and Carr :stopitslime: in a scheme where we play a vanilla zone coverage

And im not obsolving him from his play yesterday, but Collins wouldnt be much better here

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Zeek had 22 carries

how many times did we pass on 3rd/2nd and short lol

yeah down 21-3 your run/pass balance gets out of wack but the times we choose to pass are just mind boggling IMO
That 3rd and 2 on the 1st drive where we passed instead of ran Zeke and didn't get the 1st set the tone of that 1st half. Frustrating having a back who ave 5-6 yards a carry you pass everytime on 3rd and short. Dak Dez and Zeke played they ass off though. Defense just couldn't get off the field on 3rd down. Gotta get some pass rushers via draft or fa.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Irving had a free shot at Rodgers that would've sent it to OT, but it was negated by the blatant choke hold from TJ Lang.

Breh don't get me started on the blatanting holding by the Packers this game when Rodgers is able to roll out the pocket. And to be really honest with most of these Packers games including the Cowboys. The only reason Aaron Rodgers is able to roll out the pocket every game is because the O-Line is blatantly holding.

I would bring this issue up to the league's officials before the NFCG if I was the Falcons coach.

I notice the refs would throw a flag with the quickness when Vick, Newton, and others used to roll out like that.

Barbados Slim

All Star
Daps
Yeah, you guys are really blowing things out of proportion.

Should we have won this game? Yes.
Was everything set up exceptionally well for us to make a run? Yes.

But just because we lost doesn't erase what we discovered this year.

Brehs acting like we lost the Divisional Round game and now we no longer have a franchise QB for the next 10-15 years. Like we don't have a transcendental talent at RB. Like we don't have a ridiculous OLine with everyone besides Free being 25 and younger.

Are we guaranteed the 1 seed next year? No.
Are we guaranteed NFC East crown next year? No.

But that's how it always is in sports. We lost our first playoff game where we featured two rookies and a horrible defense and people are forgetting everything that was discussed this year about a new window of contention.

Maybe we don't get lucky again with injuries. But if you all think we won't be back in the Divisional Round in the next several years, you're being too emotional.

Last two seasons with this oline, good running game, and above average QB play, we've won 12+ games. In 2014 we were ravaged by injuries and still did it.

Divisional Round ain't shyt. We'll be back. Top 8 teams make it. I'm not deathly afraid of our window of being a top 8 team being closed all of a sudden.

Borderline disgusting how some of you acting like 23 y/o Dak and 21 y/o Zeke is the last chance we'll have at a SB.

Washington has Cousins :mjlol:
Eagles need an entire roster overhaul outside of QB and front 7
Eli only has a few days left.

:lawd: Future looking real good! People need to calm down and see that we got playoffs in the future for the next 3 years at least - lets focus on getting that Defense up to scratch.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Can't get over how we all saw this shyt coming
Arod had time left
Defense been trash for so long that every time we get in playoffs and we lose it's cuz of defense
How much more we gotta take of this wack ass defense
Ain't no moral victory
Stars were aligned and we blew it
Started off poor which shouldn't have
But that defense really pissed me off
Something serious
Offense comeback for us and d let's us down again like 2014
First against hobbled Rodgers
Now this season against a depleted packers defense
I give Rodgers all the credit in the world
But man shyt hurts :mjcry:
Nothing is promised tomorrow
We were due for a serious bad game in defense and it came of course today
Sick of this defense
If anything it makes me appreciate Ware even more for the fact for all these years he got all them sacks alone with trash ass defense
We gotta fix this shyt thru the draft by all means and hope our drafting in defense is as good as offense
Cuz until we get more money we can't use free agency to do it
But when that money come free
Hate to say it pull a giants and sign for the best
Cuz offense wise we set for several years
Rookies don't play good in playoffs and our super rookies did and dez
fukk it our triplets did and then some and still lose

I'm not really a cowboy fan, but I wanted to see the younger guys like dak and zeke win just bc it was a perfect opportunity.

Alot of ignorant cowboy fans arnd Dallas will be saying it was a great year and they'll do it again next year.

But that rarely happens easily. Free agency,injuries, players coming back to earth basically etc.

I blame much of it on the coaches. Packers playing a backup wr at rb, missing their best wr. You gotta gameplan better.

My uncle was talking about how the cowboys just don't develop players well for depth, whereas the Packers had dudes you barely even heard of making plays.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Like I said,

Fans and young players say this sort of thing every year. Rarely does it work out that way. There's 29 other teams who all be changing and evolving as well.

Ball may not bounce ur way like it did this year, injuries, at some point Dak will hit a wall in some fashion. They caught everyone by surprise this yr

I blame the coaching overall.... Gotta win when the opportunity is there to take.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Byron Jones was our best safety this year. Not saying much, since Wilcox and Church are ass, but that's a fact.

Byron made a bunch of plays this year being in position and making it hard on receivers and getting pass defenses. All of that gets forgotten because of his mistakes. Life of a DB in today's NFL.

He definitely had several moments of flat out garbage play. Mistake yesterday was costly. But it's not the only reason we lost. Just like there's more than the last 2 mins of a basketball game, there were 31 other points GB scored that we could have prevented. But I'm not about to excuse his mental lapse there. He should have covered Cook. Worst moment of his career.

It's weird cause I initially hated the Byron pick on draft day. Wanted Malcom Brown DT Texas, now on New England. But he impressed me last year with how well he played in outside corner, slot corner, and both safety spots. Not particularly great at any one spot, but above average for THIS TEAM at all of them.

He's soft. He's not ever going to lay dudes out. He won't ever make WRs fear the middle or make TEs second guess Madden turn-around catches while running seam routes. Also looks like he doesn't generate turnovers for shyt.

But he's our best Safety. And it was only his 1st year playing Safety. The coaches love him, he grades out well, and people around the league love him.

Hate it or love it, but Byron Jones will be starting in our secondary for years to come. Almost assuredly at FS.

So all this "replace Byron" talk is about as futile as "fire Garrett" talk. Justified or not, both of those pieces are in place for the foreseeable future.

Dak Pickscott

Shout out to Dallas my bih is a star
Daps
so are we sure Dak is the QB next season? some of you wanted Romo in yesterday in that 1st half I saw the posts

Its actually hilarious to think we're expecting our rookie QB to win a playoff game when we won't even say he has won his job with certainty.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Like I said,

Fans and young players say this sort of thing every year. Rarely does it work out that way. There's 29 other teams who all be changing and evolving as well.

Ball may not bounce ur way like it did this year, injuries, at some point Dak will hit a wall in some fashion.

I blame the coaching overall.... Gotta win when the opportunity is there to take.
Ya I'm well aware of nothing being guaranteed in sports.

But the game is over. We lost.

I'm not about to sit here for the remainder of Dak and Zeke's time in Dallas talking bout "2016 WAS OUR YEAR"

We move on. We got good pieces to work with. I'm not going to be depressed for the next decade over yesterday's fukkery.

We were down 21-3. Flabbynsick defense. Had no business even being in the game.

This was Dak's greatest performance of his football career.

Lot to like and look forward to. Opposing fans will laugh and make memes and clown us, but truth is Dallas and Oakland got lethal cores to work with for the next decade plus. Nothing guaranteed, but very good situations to be in.

Barbados Slim

All Star
Daps
Alot of ignorant cowboy fans arnd Dallas will be saying it was a great year and they'll do it again next year.

Fam that's not ignorant, just optimistic. Injuries and setbacks happen every year to every team for sure, but you gotta ride into looking for your positives.

I blame much of it on the coaches. Packers playing a backup wr at rb, missing their best wr. You gotta gameplan better.

Agreed, could've been some better decisions from them....but you can gameplan to the best of your ability, but how do you truly stop (arguably) the best QB of all time.

My uncle was talking about how the cowboys just don't develop players well for depth, whereas the Packers had dudes you barely even heard of making plays.

Again, agreed, Packers always got no names and spend no money on FA. We gotta start doing better in that area too.