Ezekiel 25:17 ...When I Lay My Vengeance Upon Thee - Official 2016 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

Self_Born7

SUN OF MAN
Daps
Reppin
all 23 million miles of useful land
It doesn't matter what kind of WRs we have, rookie year Dak doesnt have the keys to make these WRs look like much. He's not going to make the tough throw, throw you open, or put faith in timimg routes unless it's a slant. He'll grow into that but we gotta accept for Dak for the QB he is now

Edit: which is what's frustrating some times cause you know Romo would EAT with this WR core (especially Butler) and Zeke would benefit more from a more prolific passing game

yeah man, it seems like Dak and Dez not on the same page, the timing is of,,,

Bone$

Dynasty Continues...
Daps
Remember how terrible the backups were last year, yet there were many boys fans still eyeing a late playoff run once Romo was poised to come back vs the panthers.. Everyone remembers this guy getting his cotdamn body broken, forgetting that up through that point of the game he had 100 yards passing and 3 ints....:scust:

Let Dak excellence live

Last edited:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
The only WR who hasn't been looking like much with Dak is Dez and even they had a couple of decent games together. Dez and Romo didn't have immediate chemistry immediately either. I vividly remember on CZ how many posters were calling him dumb, wanting him traded, screaming about how he couldn't run crisp routes.
Do you remember when Romo was playing he would break the huddle then almost always repeat the play to Dez? He was either repeating the play for him or giving him more thorough instructions. I think Dez misses that. I love him to death but he's not the most cerebral player by any means.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
What if he has a stinker against another good defense aka TB.

Breh you need to worry about paying all that money to Eli who has 5 turnovers in 2 games and was a barry church broken forearm away from 2 more ints sunday...

shyt the number 1 reason why I don't want Romo back is cause I am scared he has turned into Eli Manning...a qb who turned into a turnover machine against a defense that went a month without getting a turnover...

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Putting in Romo doesn't mean Dak is a failure, it just means he's a rookie who needs more time before he's ready for playoff football in the NFL yet.

You could look at it like a closer in baseball. Jon Lester gets you 7 innings, but you need Chapman to come in and get the last 2 :yeshrug:

I've been seeing some of the All 22 clips dudes on Twitter been posting, we had WR's running open ALL DAY Sunday that Dak was missing. We can't win a chip with him playing like this, point blank period.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
It's to the point where now i want Romo in just so people will shut up. Dak's problem is he's trying to be a pure pocket passer instead of using his legs, whenever he moves around he makes the defense over commit which opens up the passing game. Romo and his bad back wouldn't make it past the 3rd quarter. Y'all keep focusing on the passing, but Dak brings more to the table from a mobility & physical standpoint.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
You think people just watching on screenshots though? Most people that actually watch this watch it on the all 22 not just a screenshot so I guess you can continue on too lol.
You gonna dispute anything I said? Did T-will not have the chance to run his route past the sticks? Is there not a safety blitzing in real time thats going to drill Dak if he turns to witten?

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
It's to the point where now i want Romo in just so people will shut up. Dak's problem is he's trying to be a pure pocket passer instead of using his legs, whenever he moves around he makes the defense over commit which opens up the passing game. Romo and his bad back wouldn't make it past the 3rd quarter. Y'all keep focusing on the passing, but Dak brings more to the table from a mobility & physical standpoint.
He refuses to utilize any of this, though. And that's what's so frustrating.

He's intent on standing in the pocket and throwing a strike every play instead of taking what the defense gives him.

So many times he had room to take off and run or should have hit his safety valve within 2-3 seconds after making reads and not committing.

Instead, he just continued to stand in the pocket like a statue to the point the OLine was probably thinking "why the fukk this dude still have the ball in his hands 30 minutes after we snapped it."

What good is mobility if you refuse to use it?

The pathetic thing is that if we put in Romo, he'd probably be more mobile than Dak has the last couple of weeks. Think about that for a second.

Like I said in the GDT, the dominance of the OLine has never forced Dak to develop an internal clock of when to get rid of the ball. He was finally dumping it off after holding the ball for 7 seconds and Witten and our RBs were getting earholed by LBs and DBs running downhill at them.

I'm not anti-Dak, he has a ton of talent. But he seems to be wanting to hit a Grand Slam every time he breaks the huddle instead of just taking the singles and walks the defenses are giving him.

I refuse to believe Beasley was blanketed the entire game.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I think the main reason a lot of Cowboys fans are panicking even at 11-2 is because it appears something has changed in the way Dak approaches the game.

No more methodical drives and ToP dominance secondary to quick, short gains that demoralize a defense.

Early in the year he was taking everything the defense gave him and then some. It was beautiful. Now it seems he's trying to fit a certain mold and he's trying too hard.

At the same time, all of this concern can be erased if he shows up Sunday and starts making the easy plays again.

MAGNETO.

#STARKSET #LEMONCAKEGANG #NYGBIGBLUE
Daps
Reppin
NY FOOTBALL GIANTS. #STARKSET
Breh you need to worry about paying all that money to Eli who has 5 turnovers in 2 games and was a barry church broken forearm away from 2 more ints sunday...

shyt the number 1 reason why I don't want Romo back is cause I am scared he has turned into Eli Manning...a qb who turned into a turnover machine against a defense that went a month without getting a turnover...

maybe if you had #9 in the game against us yall would've waxed our ass :mjgrin:

Dak doesn't audible :mjgrin:

did you see the play where Witten was clearly telling boul what to do but he froze up :mjgrin:

gonna be great to see in the playoffs :mjgrin: