Ezekiel 25:17 ...When I Lay My Vengeance Upon Thee - Official 2016 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Good point! This past game frustrated me because of the lackluster performance from the offense minus Zeke, offensive play calling, missed FG, coaching and Carr getting torched by Odell that drive. Dak didn't look good and didn't have the poise and confidence he normally have. Dez performance was also frustrating but u make a good point.

How the hell the 2nd Skins game was a "bad" or underpreforming game for Dak. Every time in the 2nd half Cousins scored....Dak and Zeke both responded with rushing TDs to keep the lead. Skins never had lead. It was just Cousins carving thru our D that 2nd half.

I hate most of what I read on CB Zone because they really not being fair. And when I read from some cac that they would rather lose with Romo than win SB with Dak....I just SMH. I feel for Dak and hope all this extra scrutiny and criticism and the demands from fans and Jerry's dumb azz keep saying shyt to media don't distract him too much where it will keep fukin up his play. If he let it get to him....he gonna get benched cuz his mind won't be in his game.
Welcome to the ultimate NFL job that is the quarterback of America's Team. The extra scrutiny, criticism, and demands from fans, the media, Jerry, the rest of the NFL comes with this job.

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That was an awful performance after a 10 day lay off. That's on the coaches as well. No new wrinkles or aggressive play calling. They are too predictable. Let Dak do more straight drops on 1st down. Get Zeke more involved in the passing and Morris in the running game. Zone read more. Bring those safeties up so the WRs can eat.

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Was Romo ever asked to be benched during that 12 and 4 season or during that 13 and 3 season like Dak is after winning 11 games in a row? Who was Romo going to be benched for, was there someone more accomplished that has ever backed him up? Trust, if there was someone who was any good ppl would've been calling for them after some of the games Romo had.

Has Romo been criticized in victories like Dak is? Again, there have been games where Romo threw multiple ints but the Cowboys won and he got criticized for his mistakes.

It's funny how the Washington game is considered a 'bad game' by Dak as is Minnesota despite him putting up 31 on Washington and having to deal with 1 and 20s and even a 1 and 30 that whole night. I've even heard the Green Bay game being called a 'bad game' by Dak and this is on Cowboys forums.

Has Romo ever been called a 'game manager' or 'bus driver' like Dak has? Dak was throwing a lot of short passes early on in the season, that's were the "game manager" title came from. Romo's first pass in the NFL he threw it 30+ yards to Sam Hurd.

"Game managers" are usually safe and don't take chances, and Romo has never been either of those.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Are you saying Romo has never been criticized? :dahell:

When he messed up he's been called out but everyone...from media, fans, even other teams players. He's probably the most scrutinized quarterback of the past decade. And most of that he put on himself with ints.
Basically this the shyt I can't roll with. nikkas all of a sudden dont fukked around and got convenient amnesia or some shyt. That's why I said the other day leave that race shyt the fukk out of it cause we all know even between us Romo been criticized. Let's not act like some chicks on LSA that we can't critique Dak when need be on some protect the black player shyt.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
"Game managers" are usually safe and don't take chances, and Romo has never been either of those.

Game managers also don't come in and win 11 games a a rookie and lead game winning drive after game winning drive 80+ yards out against teams that the cowboys historically lose against.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
T-will had 5 yards between him and the next closest defender. He stopped a yard short, thats on him. You run your route to the first down. Screenshots dont give context, who is barreling down Dak's view to Witten? But you guys continue on
You think people just watching on screenshots though? Most people that actually watch this watch it on the all 22 not just a screenshot so I guess you can continue on too lol.

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Game managers also don't come in and win 11 games a a rookie and lead game winning drive after game winning drive 80+ yards out against teams that the cowboys historically lose against.
That's true...I've never called Dak a game manager. I was just answering your questions. :hubie:

showtime

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Since 2014...

Romo has thrown 7 ints...5 touchdowns...and broken 3 bones after being knocked down 7 times...

So explain to me how that guy gives us a better chance to win?

If you going to tell me b-b-but 2014...I'm going to tell you...the last time Romo tried to be that guy...he broke his collarbone...he broke his collarbone again...then he broke a bone in his back...and in between breaking bones in his body he threw more interceptions than touchdowns...

Like...how much time has to pass before people just say they don't know if Romo is good anymore or not? Obviously more than 2 years cause we approaching that now...

He led them to a 3-1 record on a team that went 1-11 without him

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
i mean why not? he's much cheaper, and much faster and can stretch the field... they need to work with him more.
It doesn't matter what kind of WRs we have, rookie year Dak doesnt have the keys to make these WRs look like much. He's not going to make the tough throw, throw you open, or put faith in timimg routes unless it's a slant. He'll grow into that but we gotta accept for Dak for the QB he is now

Edit: which is what's frustrating some times cause you know Romo would EAT with this WR core (especially Butler) and Zeke would benefit more from a more prolific passing game

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
More this season goes, the more I'm wanting it over. It's not fun with the constant Romo vs Dak shyt. It irks the shyt out of me..

Sick of this shyt
Yeah I'm getting tired of it and at 11-2...our fanbase shouldn't be like this. It's like we more upset or saddened than we were with last year's record. We now experiencing the downsides of QB controversies. Fans and others are already thinking Dak gonna end up regressing heavily like Kaep and fans worried that we gonna be wishing we kept Romo starting like how some 9ers fans wished they kept Alex Smith.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
The only WR who hasn't been looking like much with Dak is Dez and even they had a couple of decent games together. Dez and Romo didn't have immediate chemistry immediately either. I vividly remember on CZ how many posters were calling him dumb, wanting him traded, screaming about how he couldn't run crisp routes.

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I'm getting tired of it and at 11-2...our fanbase shouldn't be like this. It's like we more upset or saddened than we were with last year's record. We now experiencing the downsides of QB controversies. Fans and others are already thinking Dak gonna end up regressing heavily like Kaep and fans worried that we gonna be wishing we kept Romo starting like how some 9ers fans wished they kept Alex Smith.

Kaep and Dak are nothing alike