Ezekiel 25:17 ...When I Lay My Vengeance Upon Thee - Official 2016 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Only area Dak is struggling so far is against the blitz. He could help himself if he uses his legs more.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Below are Linehan's thoughts on Romo coming back

“I don’t think we knew exactly how long or still know how long it will be,” offensive coordinator Scott Linehan said. “I’m sure he’s been chomping at the bit to get back out there, but he’s got to listen to the doctors, trainers and his body and just don’t be impatient. Just get better on a daily basis.”

“We’re just getting ready to play this game this week,” Linehan said. “We’re not focused on when, what and all those things. We know what our challenge is this week as far as the football team and who’s playing quarterback, and that’s all we’ve looked at.

:sas1: That doesn't sound like a coach that is in a hurry to see Romo back on the field :sas2:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Exactly. I think some of these nikkas groupie Boys fans and not real with it cause fukk kinda high school broad signs they reading talking about Garrett don't like Romo? These nikkas be going out during the off season and shyt and on top of that Garrett say them same things about everyone hurt. Smdh at these new age dummy Boys fans embarrassing themselves.

So...on the cowboys website...there is about 4 hours of Garret press conference talk...

In those 4 hours...find 1 time that Garrett says Romo is going to be the starting quarterback...

Cause Witten sure as shyt don't have problem saying it...

And Jerruh don't have a problem saying it...

So if Romo and Garrett are boys like that he should have no problem saying that Tony will be the starter when he get back...because half of these press conferences are nothing but the media asking Garrett when is Romo coming back...

So go ahead...post that clip of Garrett saying Romo is the starter when he come back...

fukk that...post a clip of Garrett even saying Romo is coming back to this team in any capacity at all :mjlol:

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
The fear many shared was it would take time for Prescott to transition to the pro game. "The biggest thing with these quarterbacks for us is, Can he change and adapt quickly?" a longtime college scouting director said. "We had questions about it with him."

Cowboys offensive coordinator Scott Linehan did, too. But he saw enough potential in Prescott to believe that even if he took time, he would be worth the wait. According to Jones, Linehan was "on the table" for the Cowboys to draft Prescott. Linehan had him rated with the top quarterbacks in the draft, Wentz and Goff, and he pushed for the team to rate him higher than it did.

Linehan studied the Mississippi State offense as well as the quarterback. His impression was Prescott was making more whole-field reads than most spread quarterbacks. But he knew three elements would be transitional for him: playing under center, running a huddle and learning/making more expansive play calls.

Prescott took the marker, calmly drew the plays as Garrett had drawn them and answered questions about defensive adjustments.

Prescott had this.

"I'm fortunate I have good visual recall," Prescott said. "If we are drawing it out, I can give it back to you two days from now. I could see it in my head."

Garrett wasn't done, though. He erased what Prescott had drawn and took the marker again.

He started with another installation, with two concepts and two protections. On one of them, he drew the No. 3 receiver running a vertical route through a defender.

When it was Prescott's turn to draw the same play, he drew the receiver "staircasing," or going around the defender, because that's the way he always drew it.

Garrett didn't like that. Or he acted as if he didn't like that.

"I don't think that's the way I drew it," he barked.

So Prescott erased the route and had the receiver going around the defender a different way.

Garrett turned to the other coaches in the room. "Does that look like what I drew?" he asked. They all shook their heads no.

"That's the only time I got nervous," Prescott said. "What the hell? I'm almost shaking."

Prescott drew it a third time, again with the receiver avoiding the defender.

Garrett shot a dagger at him.

"I know this is where he goes," Prescott said to Garrett.

Garrett stood up, took the marker, erased the route and drew it himself again, with the receiver running through the defender.

They all chuckled. Prescott had passed the test.

Wentz, Goff, Lynch, Cook, Brissett and Hackenberg also visited the Cowboys and went through similar drills. Prescott, the coaches agreed, was more composed than any of them.

After the offseason program had concluded, Jones asked Woicik, who had spent a lot of time with the rookies since the draft, which ones stood out to him.

"I'm not saying he's Tom Brady as a football player," Woicik told him. "But Dak has the same type of people skills and leadership skills that Tom has."

As time passed, Prescott's truths continued to be revealed. He would show up to The Ford Center at the Star, the Cowboys' new facility in Frisco, every morning at 6:15. He came to practice with the scripts memorized. Instead of hearing Linehan make the play call in practice, he would stop him after a couple words so Prescott could call the play all by himself.

He connected with everyone from 14-year veteran tight end Jason Witten to the cafeteria workers. "Romo's team," he kept calling the Cowboys, even as he made it more his own with every pass.

"I'm really mad at myself," the NFC general manager said. "I went to school and loved Prescott. There was the 'it' factor with him. We had some people in the building who didn't like him. Two of us were really on him, so it wasn't worth the battle. In retrospect, it would have been. I wish I had been more open-minded. I will look at some guys differently this year."

Why Everyone Missed on Dak Prescott

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
Below are Linehan's thoughts on Romo coming back

“I don’t think we knew exactly how long or still know how long it will be,” offensive coordinator Scott Linehan said. “I’m sure he’s been chomping at the bit to get back out there, but he’s got to listen to the doctors, trainers and his body and just don’t be impatient. Just get better on a daily basis.”

“We’re just getting ready to play this game this week,” Linehan said. “We’re not focused on when, what and all those things. We know what our challenge is this week as far as the football team and who’s playing quarterback, and that’s all we’ve looked at.

:sas1: That doesn't sound like a coach that is in a hurry to see Romo back on the field :sas2:
Why would they wanna hurry him back when we're 5-1 :what:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
So...on the cowboys website...there is about 4 hours of Garret press conference talk...

In those 4 hours...find 1 time that Garrett says Romo is going to be the starting quarterback...

Cause Witten sure as shyt don't have problem saying it...

And Jerruh don't have a problem saying it...

So if Romo and Garrett are boys like that he should have no problem saying that Tony will be the starter when he get back...because half of these press conferences are nothing but the media asking Garrett when is Romo coming back...

So go ahead...post that clip of Garrett saying Romo is the starter when he come back...

fukk that...post a clip of Garrett even saying Romo is coming back to this team in any capacity at all :mjlol:
Post a quote of me saying what your asking for and I'll show it otherwise FOH nikka. Stop making up shyt and learn how to read. I said Garrett said that day by day shyt all the time for hurt players not all this made up shyt you asking about. Learn to read nikka and stop using hoe techniques that don't work on me.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
I'm really mad at myself," the NFC general manager said. "I went to school and loved Prescott. There was the 'it' factor with him. We had some people in the building who didn't like him. Two of us were really on him, so it wasn't worth the battle. In retrospect, it would have been. I wish I had been more open-minded. I will look at some guys differently this year."

Gotta be the REDSKINS

After RG3
No more nygga QB's on a team named after Slurs

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Post a quote of me saying what your asking for and I'll show it otherwise FOH nikka. Stop making up shyt and learn how to read. I said Garrett said that day by day shyt all the time for hurt players not all this made up shyt you asking about. Learn to read nikka and stop using hoe techniques that don't work on me.

This QB controversy even making our own fans flip on each other.

I can just imagine what the locker room is silently going through. man

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
This QB controversy even making our own fans flip on each other.

I can just imagine what the locker room is silently going through. man
Im not flipping on anything honestly. I just dislike when people wrong as shyt but acting like they're right. Garrett always say the same robotic shyt but dudes now making like he doing something new. From my pov it makes it look like dudes trying to be junior reporters spitting silliness so I jabbed them about it lol. I don't care who start cause I think we will be ok but as far as the bad comments just like when talking to people IRL they spouting off fake as real (that I know is fugazy) I'm saying something. No real beef just something I'm not with because realistically if you got the straight 100% facts you don't have to make up stuff if you think about it.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm really mad at myself," the NFC general manager said. "I went to school and loved Prescott. There was the 'it' factor with him. We had some people in the building who didn't like him. Two of us were really on him, so it wasn't worth the battle. In retrospect, it would have been. I wish I had been more open-minded. I will look at some guys differently this year."

Gotta be the REDSKINS

After RG3
No more nygga QB's on a team named after Slurs
We know it's a team who drafted a lower round qb and washington is one of them :mjlol: