Ezekiel 25:17 ...When I Lay My Vengeance Upon Thee - Official 2016 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I watcged Jaylon tape again, he wasn't THAT nice to me. He has size and speed so maybe he'll get coached up to be all world but I didn't really see it. Then again Dak snuck me too :patrice:

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
nah everything structurally has already been fixed which is why he's running and doing drills. we're just waiting for the nerve to fire up at this point. the window for that to occur started in august, now we're in october so he should be getting close. he'll probably need 4 weeks to get in football shape and acclimated to playing football.
I dont know to much about his nerve damage so i might sound dumb but from those videos he post doin drills he looks explosive and can move good, why aint the nerve damage fukkin up his mobility. Is it just that the nfl is just a beast and should be handled with precaution. I know drills arent game time conditions or even practice but he looks good out there from what i seen

What does the nerve firing again do for him?

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Jaylon has gained 25 lbs since the combine. He can squat 500lbs+ and press 700lbs+. He's been on point with his rehab which isn't surprising considering his mental makeup.

We just need to be a bit more patient so he can recover from the "foot-drop" condition. He can't pick up his left foot without the brace. Makes you walk real funny.

Might be nothing but he posted a pic w/ his nieces on twitter a few days ago without the brace which is giving a lot of us hope that he's close.

dallas-cowboys-outside-linebacker-jaylon-smith-continues-his-rehab-picture-id588631126

Cubo3xzVUAADtyD.jpg

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I dont know to much about his nerve damage so i might sound dumb but from those videos he post doin drills he looks explosive and can move good, why aint the nerve damage fukkin up his mobility. Is it just that the nfl is just a beast and should be handled with precaution. I know drills arent game time conditions or even practice but he looks good out there from what i seen

He's been using a sleeve on his knee that electrically stimulates his muscle fibers. It allows him to rehab his knee and keep his leg from undergoing atrophy.

Obviously you can't play with that shyt, so he's just waiting for the nerve to get to the point where it has regenerated enough so he no longer needs external stimuli to exercise.

To be honest, he may have shed the sleeve already. I don't know. I don't follow Jaylon Smith. Anything we ever get out of him I just view as a bonus. I'm looking at this franchise going forward as if he's not even on the roster. Not to say he won't ever play or be a very good player, just that I'd be surprised.

We haven't heard shyt from his team or the Cowboys about any progress. It takes time, if it ever regenerates. If it was even a quarter of the way there, Jerry would have held a PPV event at the deathstar and told us all he's going to play after the Bye.

:francis:

fukk it, we got Dak and Zeke :elliott:

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From what I know, Jaylon Smith is in a better position than Myles Jack. I know Jack has been playing, but they say Jack's knee can go at anytime and he will probably have a short career. Smith's injury once the nerve regenerates should be 100 percent healed, with no future problems.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
From what I know, Jaylon Smith is in a better position than Myles Jack. I know Jack has been playing, but they say Jack's knee can go at anytime and he will probably have a short career. Smith's injury once the nerve regenerates should be 100 percent healed, with no future problems.
Correct.

The catch being Jack can play right now. But his knee has a shortened lifespan because of the structural damage he incurred that caused long-term effects. It essentially shortened his career. It's speculated he will eventually become Brandon Roy or Shawn Merriman status.

Whereas with Jaylon, IF he recovers, he will basically be in a position where his knee is still in perfect shape. The structure and long-term durability weren't compromised with his injury. But the nerve damage throws a wrench cause about 50% of people who have this type of injury never regain full nerve function.

The Cowboys took that gamble. Lettuce pray

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers

@Codeine Fiend Dream Team would probably speak better on this but when he got hurt, he stretched the peroneal nerve which controls sensation and movement in his foot. with the nerve "asleep", it causes a condition called foot drop where you drag your foot when picking it up. right now he looks decent in drills b/c he's wearing a brace to hold his foot in normal position. i'm sure he could play right now but he'd be a shell of himself cutting/planting on that foot. big difference doing it in drills and game speed. it'd be expedient to let the nerve growth complete so he has full sensation in his leg and 100% confidence planting on that it.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
I think he comes back this season. Tennessee LB Sean Spence had an identical injury as Jaylon, and recovered 100% within a year.

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
I watcged Jaylon tape again, he wasn't THAT nice to me. He has size and speed so maybe he'll get coached up to be all world but I didn't really see it. Then again Dak snuck me too :patrice:
Elite coverage skills and sideline to sideline speed. And he has some tape of him rushing off the edge as a DE :whoo:

We gonna need that bowling Jalen smiley by December

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
I think he comes back this season. Tennessee LB Sean Spence had an identical injury as Jaylon, and recovered 100% within a year.
it took spence 14 months to get back on the practice field but his nerve issue was more serious. Jaylon is 9 months in, so Dec/Jan return sounds accurate.

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
He's been using a sleeve on his knee that electrically stimulates his muscle fibers. It allows him to rehab his knee and keep his leg from undergoing atrophy.
:ohhh:

On some cyborg shyt. Hope breh makes it. We need that leadership on defense.

@Codeine Fiend Dream Team would probably speak better on this but when he got hurt, he stretched the peroneal nerve which controls sensation and movement in his foot. with the nerve "asleep", it causes a condition called foot drop where you drag your foot when picking it up. right now he looks decent in drills b/c he's wearing a brace to hold his foot in normal position. i'm sure he could play right now but he'd be a shell of himself cutting/planting on that foot. big difference doing it in drills and game speed. it'd be expedient to let the nerve growth complete so he has full sensation in his leg and 100% confidence planting on that it.

Damn, it looks like hes doin over an beyond to get back. I trust hell do all he can to get back to former self.

They shouldnt rush him back this year i feel tho. He got alot of catching up to do physically even if he is cleared to play