Ezekiel 25:17 ...When I Lay My Vengeance Upon Thee - Official 2016 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Shyt is weird bruh, i know we trash as fukk but why we not playing like trash :dwillhuh:

I keep waiting for the shoe to fall off and we just give up 50 in a game :pachaha:
My guess is:

1. Mo is playing like a shutdown corner. He's locking up the opposing team's best receiver (AJ,Odell)

2. Carr is playing RCB where he belongs going against team' s #2 WR most times

3. Anthony Brown is exceeding expectations

4. Joe baker and Greg Jackson got all our DBs ballin

5. We finally have some good DTs

6. Sean lee is healthy

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
Shyt is weird bruh, i know we trash as fukk but why we not playing like trash :dwillhuh:

I keep waiting for the shoe to fall off and we just give up 50 in a game :pachaha:
I don't see that happening. Even with Hayden featured as primary DE last year we never gave up 50 and was pretty good about holding down team's Os. I think CAR was the most we gave up and their D scored twice. (I could be wrong)

But look at this. JJ Willcox angle with B.Jones athleticism

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
3 man fronts on 3rd and short :comeon:

I mean are we getting there even with 4 :yeshrug:

Marrinelli is terrified of what happened in the giants game, the one time he blitzed 7 and we got stonewalled :why: led to a wide open touchdown.

I dont blame him hes gotta be conservative with what we have out there :manny:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Nobody in the city of dallas cares about what Romo numbers are...he been putting up great numbers his whole career...people only care that he wins...cause that is the number one thing Dak does...he wins...

Romo come out here and lose his first game and i feel very strongly that the season is going to be over...you go back to Dak everyone on the team will get killed for going to Romo in the first place...you stick with Romo the team is going to get killed for sticking with a guy who lost his first game while the other guy was winning... you go to Romo and then have to go back to Dak...Romo is going to be DONE in Dallas...nobody is going to want to see him under center anymore...

I also find it strange that I don't hear the argument from Romo supporters of "let's just wait for Dak to play bad...lose 2 games...and then they will be begging Romo to come back..."

Why is that? Why are Romo supporters not confident in Dak just playing bad and Romo getting his job back because of that? Why is the argument that Romo got to play in this game...or in that game...or when he healthy...why is the argument not...Romo plays when Dak starts to lose games? I mean the guy was a 4th round pick for a reason right? So he got to start losing consecutive games in his rookie year at some point...right?

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I mean are we getting there even with 4 :yeshrug:

Marrinelli is terrified of what happened in the giants game, the one time he blitzed 7 and we got stonewalled :why: led to a wide open touchdown.

I dont blame him hes gotta be conservative with what we have out there :manny:

I agree BUT our secondary has been looking better and better every week so I would hope General Rod would start to gamble at least a little bit with some blitzes and see if the secondary can hold up...

Especially against bad offensive lines...I will be disappointed if we don't blitz a ton against the bronws and vikings since they specialize in getting their quarterbacks hurt over the last 2 seasons...

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
there's a decent chance (30-40%) we lose to philly regardless who starts. if you want to protect romo from a tidal wave of criticism, you start him against the hapless browns on the road instead of philly and their defense. the browns game is a guaranteed win regardless if he's rusty or not. a rusty romo vs philly could be a disaster and lead to a lot of boos at home.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
there's a decent chance (30-40%) we lose to philly regardless who starts. if you want to protect romo from a tidal wave of criticism, you start him against the hapless browns on the road instead of philly and their defense. the browns game is a guaranteed win regardless if he's rusty or not. a rusty romo vs philly could be a disaster and lead to a lot of boos at home.

On the one hand there is no way in hell you put him out there against philly...division game...one of the better front 7's in football...the team that yelled "JENGA!" on Romo's been structure...

On the other hand...if he beats Philly that is going to go a long way in people being willing to stick wit him...because then he won a tough meaningful division game and you can spin it into Dak not being ready to do that yet...sure he beat the racistskins but that was in week 2 when they were on a short week having been blown out by the steelers...you let him beat the browns and he not going to get much credit for beating the worst team in football who are on their 4th qb...

On the third mutated hand growing out of my back if Dak beats the packers and eagles fresh off of beating cincy...I'm going to be in Romo front yard putting Zillow signs in the ground come Monday morning...

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
On the one hand there is no way in hell you put him out there against philly...division game...one of the better front 7's in football...the team that yelled "JENGA!" on Romo's been structure...

On the other hand...if he beats Philly that is going to go a long way in people being willing to stick wit him...because then he won a tough meaningful division game and you can spin it into Dak not being ready to do that yet...sure he beat the racistskins but that was in week 2 when they were on a short week having been blown out by the steelers...you let him beat the browns and he not going to get much credit for beating the worst team in football who are on their 4th qb...

On the third mutated hand growing out of my back if Dak beats the packers and eagles fresh off of beating cincy...I'm going to be in Romo front yard putting Zillow signs in the ground come Monday morning

:laugh:

i'll call the mama and sons trucks.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
I say if ya'll in the city we need to catch a game at Union Pacific :pacific:

They got the DJ spinnin on commercials. 5 minutes of $1 shots when the boys win, fire ass wings (high ass drinks) but some bad women be in there too.
I'm not in Dallas but you mean Union Park?

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
That's why I tell people you will know where we go with the outcome of the GB game. I really think they start Dak against Philly if Dak wins at GB.