Ezekiel 25:17 ...When I Lay My Vengeance Upon Thee - Official 2016 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
I calmed down so heres my takeaways

-Dak played ok. First half was everything you want to see from a Rookie QB in his first game vs a good defense. Went through his progressions, found the open man, and torched that zone coverage (DCs use zone to confuse rookie qbs but he didnt get confused). The second half, the Giants got more pressure and played more Man to Man. Our receivers did a terrible job getting open for him and the o-line kept breaking down which lead to inaccurate throws.
-Zeke had nowhere to run. Ima pull up a video i seen on CZ, but there were defenders waiting for him in the backfield most of the game. The run game reminded me of that home game vs Arizona in 2014. A good d-line keying in on the run and our dumbass coaches not adjusting. Also, most if not all his runs came from shotgun. LT is on record of saying as a RB, you hate running from the shotgun.
-The O-line completely broke down in the 2nd half. Doug Free looked like a turnstile and has been and always will be a liability in pass protection. Good run blocker but poor in pass pro.
-Defense was ass, no ifs ands or buts about it. Idc if they only held the Giants to 20 points. That will happen when we dominate time of possession the way we did. The LB corps killed us this game. Hitchens was awful and shouldnt start.
-The secondary was ok. Definately the best group on defense. Mo played really well.
-Dez and the receivers let us down this game the most. With a rookie QB, you need your playmakers to make plays, and they simply didnt do that. I dont want to hear about scheme. Dez was in the slot plenty of times in the game.

Dez is the X RECEIVER. Hes on the LOS so he cant go in motion.

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
we got to admit blame goes around to everybody re: dez. jessie holley made a good point on the postgame, he said that dez has turned into a barnum and bailey circus act. everything is high up in the air, over a guy, tip toes in bound...every catch is a struggle. it seems like this dude rarely plays on his feet anymore. can we please get him the ball in a more graceful fashion? why can't we get this man the ball on a simple hitch, slant, hook, in, out, etc.

Jesse was spittin' that hot fire during the postgame. Funny thing about the bolded is they usually do that for Dez when they're in a goal-to-go situation near the endzone. I wonder if part of the deal is the coaching staff trying to preserve Dez. His best trait is outmuscling people for catches in the middle of the field. That's also where he'll take the biggest hits. He doesn't have the jets that some of these other WRs (i.e. AJ/Julio) have, so he's not going to consistently outrun people on go routes. And his route-running isn't as crisp as AB, ODB or Fitz. So the Cowboys are stuck between a rock and a hard place with Dez I think.

Either way, those brackets aren't coming off Dez unless T-Will or Butler show out in the near future.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Pretty sure if we just traded Dez and went from Dez-TWill-Cole to TWill-Butler-Cole, you wouldn't notice any difference.

That's no slight to Dez, cause he can ball. But he's essentially ignored in the gameplan on a week to week basis. Garrett and Co. make a living off the underneath passing game with Witten and Beasley. Dez is a waste.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pretty sure if we just traded Dez and went from Dez-TWill-Cole to TWill-Butler-Cole, you wouldn't notice any difference.

That's no slight to Dez, cause he can ball. But he's essentially ignored in the gameplan on a week to week basis. Garrett and Co. make a living off the underneath passing game with Witten and Beasley. Dez is a waste.

Nah because Twill and cole eat off Dez, Bryant is basically the biggest decoy in the NFL in our system.

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
Nah because Twill and cole eat off Dez, Bryant is basically the biggest decoy in the NFL in our system.

Thing is they really don't. They nibble off Dez; they don't have the ability to truly take advantage (Beasley is a homeless man's version of a poor man's Wes Welker at best; T-Will lacks the basic WR 101 ability to catch the ball with his hands (vs. his chest) 80% of the time). Terrell Pryor (a converted QB) is probably a better WR than these two, and they've been WRs damn near their entire football careers.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
after sleeping on it i feel pretty good about the game honestly.

If our wide outs make a couple catches this game its an easy win in my mind, turn those field goals into touch downs and we beat the giants.
I don't, Because Garrett just solidified that if it's not Romo playing then he will go ultra safe. I'm expecting conservative game planning the next 5-6 games, and we'll be lucky to get 3 wins until Romo comes back.

Last edited:

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thing is they really don't. They nibble off Dez; they don't have the ability to truly take advantage (Beasley is a homeless man's version of a poor man's Wes Welker at best; T-Will lacks the basic WR 101 ability to catch the ball with his hands (vs. his chest) 80% of the time). Terrell Pryor (a converted QB) is probably a better WR than these two, and they've been WRs damn near their entire football careers.

What i mean is dez is drawing the double, without him they can stick that extra safety in the middle of the field and take away the routes that cole and witten runs (even tho wittens slow ass is always open)

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
But they don't.

TWill doesn't do shyt, with or without Dez. Definition of garbage.

And as far as Witten and Beasley go, they eat no matter what. It's not like teams are doubling Beasley if Dez is out or they're going to gameplan for him.

Witten is slow and old af and still finds ways to get open and rack up receptions against any and all LBs and DBs. Dez or no Dez, he still finds holes in the D to sit down in.

And then we heard all this talk about how getting Zeke would force teams to put 8 back in the box and no more safety over the top on Dez. Like it was 2014 all over again.

:russ:

None of our coaches or players eat off Dez. He's just there. Basically just taking a corner and possibly a safety out of the play while we play struggle offense.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
On another note, what do you brehs think of Daks first game? CZ is unbearable right now. Some haters are saying he sucked and wont be our qb of the future after one game :what:

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
It's not "either" "or" though... two things can be true - Dez needs to make that catch, but the coaches also need to put him in better chances to succeed. The only real chances Dez got to make a play today were "throw up a prayer and hope he comes down with it" - that's garbage high school bullshyt

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
On another note, what do you brehs think of Daks first game? CZ is unbearable right now. Some haters are saying he sucked and wont be our qb of the future after one game :what:

He did OK considering the trash gameplan, he needs a real coach to develop him not Garrett and Wade Wilson.

Also he needs to run more... I want to see him be more like Russell Wilson who is not afraid to take off and run at the first opening he sees. I noticed quite a few plays where it seemed like Dak could have took off and he stayed in the pocket