Ezekiel 25:17 ...When I Lay My Vengeance Upon Thee - Official 2016 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

DallasTxRep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas
This is all I'm going to say until next Sunday....
Yes Dez should have caught the TD....but they have to find ways to get Dez some easier looks instead of expecting him to jump over and over power DBs every play....considering our reciever personnel, Dez should have no less than 5 catches 50 yards in any game. I've seen many times where the Steelers will go out of their way to get AB easy looks just to get the ball in his hands and the same with Julio. These fukkin corners can't consistently tackle Dez in the open field, get the ball into his hands and force DBs to try and tackle him

Oh and I thought Alfred Morris should have been starting since the preseason game....but Zeke will be fine

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Demaryious first catch was that little screen Denver always runs. Lol at Garrett. shyt is funny/sad/madden in at the same damn time. But Dez still has to capitalize on his opportunity
We shouldn't have to be in the position to ask Dez to make miracle catches all the time. Most of the time, get your players in your position to excel at fundamental football with high percentage productive plays. BTW, the last time we won a home game was week 1 last year. That's embarrassing.

Last edited:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Can somebody tell me what was Todd Gurley's numbers his first reg season game? :jbhmm:Washington gonna get that work from young wolf

Gurley first game was against steelers but barely got the ball since injury
Next game against Cardinals
19att 146 yds
He didn't play redskins in the 2nd game

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Yea Dez should catch the ball but dumbass play calling don't put him in a good position for damn catches fukking sad and downright waste of his talent to be honest
All these damn jump balls he keeps going for

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
My takeaways

Ced Thorton should be starting over Crawford. His shoulder is fine and he's still ass.
Wilcox plays best in situational football. Not being on the field much helps him look better.
On the contrary, Church looked better playing next to a competent safety.
Mo played well, I think the secondary overall did.
37 to 23 time of possession and we still managed to give 20 pts. Yikes.
Trade Dez for a first since we don't know how to use him
Something tells me next years second round pick will be a TE
We need LBs in the worst way. (I wouldn't even be opposed to waiting this McClain thing out)
Zeke has to do better against 8 and 9 in the box. He looked slow and fat.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Zeke should be fine in the long run just got a reality check simple as that
Split it wth Morris so he can learn by watching also and get use to the NFL speed not that bogus preseason speed he thought he was gonna be dealing with let alone they weren't scheming for him at that time either
Dak is our future qb give him a Damn longer leash like the preseason more deep balls and more times he can do qb options or run it if nobody is open
Give him the opportunities to excel even more he deserves that chance especially after last game where the team let him down

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
My takeaways

Ced Thorton should be starting over Crawford. His shoulder is fine and he's still ass.
Wilcox plays best in situational football. Not being on the field much helps him look better.
On the contrary, Church looked better playing next to a competent safety.
Mo played well, I think the secondary overall did.
37 to 23 time of possession and we still managed to give 20 pts. Yikes.
Trade Dez for a first since we don't know how to use him
Something tells me next years second round pick will be a TE
We need LBs in the worst way. (I wouldn't even be opposed to waiting this McClain thing out)
Zeke has to do better against 8 and 9 in the box. He looked slow and fat.

Zeke had no damn awareness simple as that his vision wasn't in the game at all ran straight into them he wasn't patience enough also we didn't do enough run plays on the outside to help him either I feel sure the run block could of been better but if Morris was avg 5 ypc it's more on the player than anything he will adjust and needs time just shows we should split the carries with more with Morris to be honest till Zeke gets more efficient that's all

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
nikka please
Yall nikkas kill me. We lose by 1 point, yet are absolving this nikka from his dropped td catch. I didnt even mention the other one that DRC knocked away.

Thats a game changer right there. But continue to be blind to the fact that this guy always has some type of fukkery with catches when he falls to the ground

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
This is all I'm going to say until next Sunday....
Yes Dez should have caught the TD....but they have to find ways to get Dez some easier looks instead of expecting him to jump over and over power DBs every play....considering our reciever personnel, Dez should have no less than 5 catches 50 yards in any game. I've seen many times where the Steelers will go out of their way to get AB easy looks just to get the ball in his hands and the same with Julio. These fukkin corners can't consistently tackle Dez in the open field, get the ball into his hands and force DBs to try and tackle him

Oh and I thought Alfred Morris should have been starting since the preseason game....but Zeke will be fine

I agree... slot him. do something.

Dez is an awful route runner so you have to be wayyy more creative with him than all the other top WR.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
we got to admit blame goes around to everybody re: dez. jessie holley made a good point on the postgame, he said that dez has turned into a barnum and bailey circus act. everything is high up in the air, over a guy, tip toes in bound...every catch is a struggle. it seems like this dude rarely plays on his feet anymore. can we please get him the ball in a more graceful fashion? why can't we get this man the ball on a simple hitch, slant, hook, in, out, etc.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
At what point of the game?:stopitslime:
They gave up 20pts, if that's all you give up then you should win.
Motion him, throw screens, slants, do a double reverse. Get him involved. Why can't we do that? Because the gawddamn coaching staff doesn't know how.
Exactly, ODB was getting taken out of the game and they moved him around and it worked. Dez doesn't get a pass for dropping the TD, but outside of that he continues to be underutilized in this offense. It's become clear to everyone now that Garrett really believes that they can win with Beasley and Williams if Dez gets taken out.
I agree... slot him. do something.

Dez is an awful route runner so you have to be wayyy more creative with him than all the other top WR.
Dez being an awful route runner is just an excuse now, they just refuse to be creative with him.