Ezekiel 25:17 ...When I Lay My Vengeance Upon Thee - Official 2016 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Romo was 100% a Sean Payton find.. that has been well-established by now.

People defending Jerruh LOVE to bring up that DeMarcus Ware shyt. First of all, on Ware, we wouldn't even have been scouting a guy like Ware if not for Parcells. He would have never been on Jerry's radar. I'm sure Ware/Spears/Merriman/others were all high on their board, the board Parcells and his staff created based off the defense they transitioned us to, and Jerruh ultimately made the final call on Ware.

All that means to me is he doesn't strike out 100% of the time. And if you bring him options to choose from, he can EVERY NOW AND THEN make the right decision.

A one hot draft pick every 10 year average doesn't change the fact that he has no clue how to build a quality football team and that's why we've been trash for so long.
:what:Parcells wanted no part of Ware, so giving him even the slightest bit of credit is a joke. David Lee deserves just as much credit for Romo as Sean Payton gets. Y'all want him to step down yet we saw how well Stephen handled FA:comeon:. As for building a quality football team theywere 1 bad call away from going to the NFC championship game, if anything he should be blamed for not getting rid of Garrett years ago. The Cowboys could've easily repeated their success last year, but you tell me a team that can get to the SB when they lose their top 10 QB & WR combo? All your post shows is that even when Jerry does something right you'll give credit to someone else.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
:what:Parcells wanted no part of Ware, so giving him even the slightest bit of credit is a joke. David Lee deserves just as much credit for Romo as Sean Payton gets. Y'all want him to step down yet we saw how well Stephen handled FA:comeon:. As for building a quality football team theywere 1 bad call away from going to the NFC championship game, if anything he should be blamed for not getting rid of Garrett years ago. The Cowboys could've easily repeated their success last year, but you tell me a team that can get to the SB when they lose their top 10 QB & WR combo? All your post shows is that even when Jerry does something right you'll give credit to someone else.

Parcells wanting Merriman over Ware doesn't mean he "wanted no part of Ware". It's not one extreme or the other. He still liked Ware, as evidence by the fact that the brought him in for like 5 visits and he was clearly high on their board. In the end, Parcells wanted Spears/Merriman and Jerry wanted Ware.

David Lee helped develop Romo once he got here, but it was Payton that scouted him and first found him. Either way, Jerry aint have shyt to to do with it.

As far as QB/WR injuries.. Jerry treating backup QB like a joke for so long is one of the reasons why we are trash when Romo goes out. Dude never invested in a young backup in the draft until this year, when it's too late. Mr. Jerry "You won't see a more gifted passer than Brandon Weeden" Jones doesn't know how to build a thorough team and didn't have us prepared for a worst case scenario. He hits on a draft pick once in a blue moon, but aside from that he's clueless on building a perennial contender, which is why we have one good year and then are trash for 5 or 6.

Box Factory

hater
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
3eNbZ.gif

zopaco317

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Romo put the ball where it needed to be.

Patrick fukking Crayton decided he was allergic to catching the football.

What do you want Romo to do? Stop Eli? Catch the passes himself?
Breh NOBODY acknowledges this, its crazy:mindblown:. Theres so many instances where the team let romo down but romo gets scapegoated

Texas2step

H-Town it's NOT our year
Daps
You came strutting in this thread like you were talking about a historically bad defense. They ranked 17th in the league, so i dont know where this trash to garbage talk is coming from. But this is why i dont like talking cowboys with non-fans because yall rarely ever know what you talking about
OK so are you going to tell me whether or not if they have improved or what have they done to improve nikka

zopaco317

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some cats in this thread really exposing themselves. Maybe some of ya'll weren't really down like that and dropped out between the Aikman and Romo years, then hopped back on the bandwagon when Romo got us poppin again and don't realize how bad those years were.

Romo wasn't perfect, but you know what? THAT'S MY QUARTERBACK :to:

He basically single handedly kept this organization relevant over the last decade, despite having to deal with Jerry Jones at his most senile drafting a shytty team around him, two of the worst head coaches in Cowboys history, a revolving door of shytty defenses and one of the worst O-lines in the NFL up until the last few years.

Romo bailed this team out countless times. COUNTLESS TIMES. With incredible plays to win games. Clutch plays in the fourth quarter.

This organization's track record without Romo under center the last 12 years is disgusting.

I can't really take anyone seriously who calls themselves a Cowboys fan yet is throwing slander at Romo.
Im more of a lurker but daps on sight from now on.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
OK so are you going to tell me whether or not if they have improved or what have they done to improve nikka
You dont really care whether or not they have improved but yea sure, I'll play along.

First round pick last year moves to starting safety, upgrading the safety position. Best corner on the team didnt play last year due to injury, he's now back in the starting lineup.

let go of starting DT nick hayden (addition by subtraction), picked up Cedric Thornton.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Breh NOBODY acknowledges this, its crazy:mindblown:. Theres so many instances where the team let romo down but romo gets scapegoated
I acknowledge it all the time. The score was 17-14 deep in the third quarter. He catches that and at the least it's first and goal if they catch him. If not, it's 24-14 going into the 4th quarter and I think that would have been game. Fasano also had a big drop in that game.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When are yall going to fix your Defense? These new offensive players are cool but not high powered enough to win with this defense

Jacksonville is :eat: real good off what was supposed to be our future defense. :wow:

Everybody is saying Myles Jack has been the most impressive defensive rookie so far.

mens-speed-stick-speedmans-playbook-nfl-draft-2016.jpg

nikkas in here was shytting on Myles Jack knee but had no problems with Jaylon Smith. Saying they trust Cowboys doctors. :mjlol:

Jaylon Smith is the future of our defense tho.

usa-today-9029854.0.jpg