Ezekiel 25:17 ...When I Lay My Vengeance Upon Thee - Official 2016 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Browns have a future
The reality is you have to be great or awful. Sometimes you have to be awful to become great. I'd tired of being the Marvin Lewis Bengals. I would rather be awful than a team in the middle

WHAT future do the Browns have? :mjlol:

They been trash since they came back to the NFL and there's no end in sight to that. They are years from being a contender.

If you wanna be a Browns fan find your old fakkit ass to their thread.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
My thing is that I just don't understand the point you are trying to get across with it. Let's assume that you are right and guys in the locker room chose sides (which wouldn't be surprising considering TO's history) and those two rode with TO and the team decided to drop em. SO WHAT? Crayton was outta the league 2 years later and Bennett has bounced around the league so clearly the Boys weren't the only ones who thought he wasn't worth whatever he gave on the field.

The relationship between Romo-Witten-Garrett has always bothered me. Those three are too close and too untouchable for my liking, especially considering their lack of playoff success. You can't find anything else like it around the league.

Also had a problem with Romo when, T.O. stood up for him and took a lot of heat from the media for all the leaks that were coming out via that snitch Bobby Carpenter, yet Romo never publically defended T.O. Also part of the reason the team split was Romo's aloofness with his teammates....this is a fact. He only interacted with Carpenter and Witten so that ended up biting him when Kitna took over and galvanized the team.

Acknowledging these things do not take away from his current greatness, it's just one of the reasons I have Aikman above Romo -intangibles.

I'm not denying Aikman was a great leader in his own right but I don't see how u can try to imply it was solely on him to manage that locker room. That's ridiculous. The team at that time had REAL leadership from top to bottom starting with Jimmy. Compare that to Romo having to navigate a locker room with herbs like Wade and Garrett as his supposed leaders. There is no comparison.
Look man we can bring all these other players/coaches into this discussion but at the end of the day, some individual accountability is needed as well. Nobody forced Romo to go to Cabo. Nobody forced him not to prioritize golf for so much of his career instead of getting on a strength training regimen to help him transition into his later years. That was on him. If you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.

Everything wasn't ideal for Aikman. When he noticed that Switzer was being too lax with the players and degrading the winning-culture Jimmy built, he spoke up, challenged the status quo by taking the issue to Jerry directly. It wasn't the popular thing to do since Switzer was a player's coach yet he did it because he saw the losing that was on the horizon. Same thing with Haley, when he physically threatened Jerry for being cheap with Emmitt during the contract holdout. These acts show cajones and real leadership. Now realize this is how these guys were reacting after winning super bowls. Now going back to my point about the chummy "Romo-Witten-Jason" relationship....we all acknowledge Jason is a fraud. Yet he has been here since 2007, not once has Romo/Witten not been in lockstep with him. They take turns praising Jason and Jerry and how they're the greatest coach and owner in the world, as if they aren't the two main problems with this franchise. A decade of futility has passed yet he hasn't rocked the boat even once like Aikman/Haley/etc. did. How can you blame Garrett without blaming his biggest advocate?

Last edited:

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The relationship between Romo-Witten-Garrett has always bothered me. Those three are too close and too untouchable for my liking, especially considering their lack of playoff success. You can't find anything else like it around the league.

Also had a problem with Romo when, T.O. stood up for him and took a lot of heat from the media for all the leaks that were coming out via that snitch Bobby Carpenter, yet Romo never publically defended T.O. Also part of the reason the team split was Romo's aloofness with his teammates....this is a fact. He only interacted with Carpenter and Witten so that ended up biting him when Kitna took over and galvanized the team.

Acknowledging these things do not take away from his current greatness, it's just one of the reasons I have Aikman above Romo -intangibles.

Look man we can bring all these other players/coaches into this discussion but at the end of the day, some individual accountability is needed as well. You're either a part of the problem or part of the solution. Nobody forced Romo to go to Cabo. Nobody forced him not to prioritize golf for so much of his career instead of getting on a strength training regimen to help him transition into his later years. That was on him.

Everything wasn't ideal for Aikman. When he noticed that Switzer was being too lax with the players and degrading the winning-culture Jimmy built, he spoke up, challenged the status quo by taking the issue to Jerry directly. It wasn't the popular thing to do since Switzer was a player's coach yet he did it because he saw the losing that was on the horizon. Same thing with Haley, when he physically threatened Jerry for being cheap with Emmitt during the contract holdout. These acts show cajones and real leadership. Now realize this is how these guys were reacting after winning super bowls. Now going back to my point about the chummy "Romo-Witten-Jason" relationship....we all acknowledge Jason is a fraud. Yet he has been here since 2007, not once has Romo/Witten not been in lockstep with him. They take turns praising Jason and Jerry and how they're the greatest coach and owner in the world, as if they aren't the two main problems with this franchise. A decade of futility has passed yet he hasn't rocked the boat even once like Aikman/Haley/etc. did. How can you blame Garrett without blaming his biggest advocate?

PREACH :wow:

That was some real ish you just typed. :whew:

And people never talk about the whole Kyle Orton situation with Romo as well.

Even Brad Johnson was on TO/Crayton/Williams side.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:

The only problem in that trio is Garrett. He treats Romo like his buddy rather than his coach. That's on Garrett, not Romo.

"Intangibles" is just a media talking point that doesn't really mean anything. I'm not gonna get into the Aikman vs. Romo thing cause its caused some cats in here to go full retard today, but lets just say it like this - it's easier to have "intangibles" when you are surrounded by all-time great players and coaches.

You're painting this really nice picture of Aikman in the post-Jimmy years but the reality was he was a declining veteran who basically refused to admit it. That's kinda same shyt with TO in his last couple years here. We got rid of him at the right time. Aikman "speaking up" and "being a leader" did nothing but dig us farther into the ground. He couldn't let go of the past, and the one coach we brought in here that looked halfway decent in Chan Gailey got ran outta town cause Aikman shytted on him every chance he got cause Gailey wanted to change the offense and phase out the triplets. So they bring in that bum Campo to make Aikman happy and of course he retires the next year anyway.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
That only happens to black players..aka Ware and Michael Finley
Stop looking for woke points nikka. Name a black QB on Romo level at the time they got cut this happened to? You can't compare a defensive players and a nikka from another sport to a QB. nikkas straight sounding like chicks that don't know shyt about sports.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stop looking for woke points nikka. Name a black QB on Romo level at the time they got cut this happened to? You can't compare a defensive players and a nikka from another sport to a QB. nikkas straight sounding like chicks that don't know shyt about sports.
There you go :krs:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Da gawd is byke :blessed: