Ezekiel 25:17 ...When I Lay My Vengeance Upon Thee - Official 2016 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is like people saying emmit needed the (goat) oline to do work and Barry is better. Emmitt did what he did at the highest level when teams were gunning for him. Stop brushing off winning championships y'all. Not to mention back to back. Troy had big personalities to manage in the huddle. Y'all think that shyt is easy? Could Tony do that? That nikka couldn't even handle TO. Let alone Irvin, Emmiitt, Nate Newton, Erik Williams, etc. Troy came up where others come up small. Like Carson Palmer last year vs panthers. ASS. It's not easy playing in a nfc championship game lol. Troy has like the highest qb rating in Super Bowls. fukk wrong wit y'all? :what:

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dahell:

Romo has had back surgery/fractures how many times?

Broken his collarbone 3 times.

All we hear is jokes and slander about how fragile he is.

But now we :cape: for Troy because he was getting concussed putting his jersey on?

What happened to Troy in 96? 97? 98? 99? 2000? Dude was drafted in 98....

Thank God we had that talent around him that could carry Jason Garrett to the SB if Troy had to miss a game. Dude literally couldn't play past 8 seasons in the league.

And I see you glossing over the fact Garrett was able to slide in and not just win but show out and stat pad a NFC CG to a SB appearance.

It says a lot about Troy, Norv, Jimmy, and the team overall that the goddamn backup QB just came in and we never lost a step...

Compare those injuries with CTE brehs. :mjlol: CTE retire players in their 20's.

Troy had his first 2 concussions in 1993.

Act like Troy Aikman never played with fractures breh.

Turnover Romo could never archive this type of record. :wow:

Aikman broke Joe Montana's record of 83 passes without an interception by throwing 89

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Troy would have been concussed into retirement within 5 years if he had to play behind a line of Columbo, Gurode snapping the ball 5 feet over his head once every game, flabbynsick Flozell Adams protecting his blindside, and whoever the fukk else was on those horrendous olines in the late 2000s.
You could say the same thing about Romo if he had to play in that 90's era when defenders were diving at QB's knees, body slamming them to the ground, hitting them square in the helmet, landing all of their weight on the QB. Sometimes I watch highlights from the 90s and it looks like a different sport. Way more barbaric.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You could say the same thing about Romo if he had to play in that 90's era when defenders were diving at QB's knees, body slamming them to the ground, hitting them square in the helmet, landing all of their weight on the QB. Sometimes I watch highlights from the 90s and it looks like a different sport. Way more barbaric.

Exactly.

This hit would be illegal today.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is like people saying emmit needed the (goat) oline to do work and Barry is better. Emmitt did what he did at the highest level when teams were gunning for him. Stop brushing off winning championships y'all. Not to mention back to back. Troy had big personalities to manage in the huddle. Y'all think that shyt is easy? Could Tony do that? That nikka couldn't even handle TO. Let alone Irvin, Emmiitt, Nate Newton, Erik Williams, etc. Troy came up where others come up small. Like Carson Palmer last year vs panthers. ASS. It's not easy playing in a nfc championship game lol. Troy has like the highest qb rating in Super Bowls. fukk wrong wit y'all? :what:

GOAT point. :wow:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Compare those injuries with CTE brehs. :mjlol: CTE retire players in their 20's.
CTE patients don't commentate games on Sundays years after retirement.

He had a lot of concussions, but he's far from CTE status. His speech, recall, and thinking ability is miles beyond that of somebody with CTE.

In fact, quick Google search shows that in 2013, he stated in an interview that he recently had a brain/neurological workup and it came back negative.

He was simply mediocre when the talent around him began drying up.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Guys, at the end of the day despite all of the adversity (Jerry, Jason, Wade, defense, etc.) - all of which I acknowledge - Romo had 2-3 teams where he should have at least went to the NFCC. Maybe that came too early in his career, maybe something bad happened in the games, maybe, maybe, maybe....at the end of the day he should have overcame it at least once in his career. Just once before I start comparing him to a 3x Super Bowl champ. Don't bring up numbers b/c nobody sacrificed more than AIkman. Romo spent many years checking out of run plays to satisfy his thirst for passing.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps

He had a lot of concussions, but he's far from CTE status. His speech, recall, and thinking ability is miles beyond that of somebody with CTE.

In fact, quick Google search shows that in 2013, he stated in an interview that he recently had a brain/neurological workup and it came back negative.

Nikkas making up shyt to prove a point :mjlol:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Guys, at the end of the day despite all of the adversity (Jerry, Jason, Wade, defense, etc.) - all of which I acknowledge - Romo had 2-3 teams where he should have at least went to the NFCC. Maybe that came too early in his career, maybe something bad happened in the games, maybe, maybe, maybe....at the end of the day he should have overcame it at least once in his career. Just once before I start comparing him to a 3x Super Bowl champ. Don't bring up numbers b/c nobody sacrificed more than AIkman. Romo spent many years checking out of run plays to satisfy his thirst for passing.
You right :ehh:

My initial statement was simply that Romo had more talent than Aikman, imo. Obviously he doesn't compare in terms of success or accomplishments, which is ultimately all that is remembered.

Just please no more Romo slander or celebrating his injury in this thread. He did a lot for us.
That's my teammate. That's my quarterback. :to:

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Dave Duerson was good as well. :camby:

And you can't determined CTE until someone die.

But Dr. Bennet Omalu will tell you that a person that suffered 10 concussions is highly probable to have CTE.

Tony Dorsett was doing good at Troy Aikman age as well

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Dave Duerson was good as well. :camby:

And you can't determined CTE until someone die.
You can't diagnose a LOT of conditions until autopsy. That doesn't mean you can't rule certain things in or out.

There are several cardinal signs of CTE. It would be in Troy's best interest to disclose them if he was experiencing them. The fact that he hasn't said shyt is a pretty good sign he's doing okay so far. And that he definitely want suffering from it during his playing days. That of course has no bearing on how fukked up he was for weeks at a time due to hits and concussions.

If he does have CTE, he's the highest functioning CTE patient of all time.

Troy still out here winning :wow:

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can't diagnose a LOT of conditions until autopsy. That doesn't mean you can't rule certain things in or out.

There are severa cardinal signs of CTE. It would be in Troy's best interest to disclose them if he was experiencing them.

If he does have CTE, he's the highest functioning CTE patient of all time.

Troy still out here winning :wow:

Tony Dorsett was doing good at Troy Aikman age as well.

You're basically reaching for straws now. :mjlol: