Ex-Singaporean leader (smartest country in the world) explains why US empire will crumble if it continues with its current Playbook

ReasonableMatic

Daps

what does this have to do with the thread?
Screenshot-2024-05-31-at-12-45-43-AM.png

It’s literally part of the thread :francis:

There’s politics in linguistics.
Using “woke” in a negative connotation is anti-Blackness.

Last edited:

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self

Ex-Foreign Minister George Yeo To Be Independent Director Of China’s US$15B Startup Pinduoduo​

Sounds trustworthy. And how dafuq does foreign minister equal leader. :what:
Yup. I first started off reading the article like :ohhh: , but then after like the first two paragraphs it was clear as hell that this is nothing but a Chinese propaganda article. Like I said, I could see China collapsing a lot sooner than the U.S.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Gotdamn, good post. Oddly enough I was chatting with a patient today and she’s big on Asian policy and she was saying how the US doesn’t understand China and how it’s a problem. How we are a young country and see things through that lens, but China has more history than us because their nation/culture has existed much longer, so they view their interactions with other nations through that lens. And how although we are a young nation, we still represent the West and are grouped with European nations (which have been around a lot longer than us, as well).

Even got into the concept of “flat Whiteness” (although I admit I brought that up after she mention the idea of being “American” and people not drawing on the cultures of their home countries)— but she agreed!

Crazy timing.
Sounds like your friend was doing a lot of babbling

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Yup. I first started off reading the article like :ohhh: , but then after like the first two paragraphs it was clear as hell that this is nothing but a Chinese propaganda article. Like I said, I could see China collapsing a lot sooner than the U.S.
Yeah. After he started talking about "wokeness" i checked out lol. His prediction about the US dollar is way off the mark too. It'll remain the reserve currensy for decades to come as there's no other reliable currency available at the moment. Euro and the yen arent as reliable as they used to be.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps

It’s literally part of the thread.

This is veiled anti-Blackness :francis:
Naaaaah… I feel you, but “woke” has been disassociated from Black folks for a MINUTE. So much so someone had to interview Badu and point out that a Black woman created the term— most Americans have no idea that she did.

“Wokeness” is associated with being super liberal. E.g. the acceptance of transgenderism, LGBTQIA having huge voice/presence culturally,
promoting hookup culture, individualism, etc. Basically all the reasons other cultures hate the “West”.

Daps

It’s literally part of the thread :francis:

There’s politics in linguistics.
Using “woke” in a negative connotation is anti-Blackness.
context matters, and in this case, it’s illogical to think the former PM. of singapore is using “woke” in the same way those among the american right do.

he’s referring to the decadence, hedonism, and moral subjectivity that has erased a sense of community and patriotic kinship in america.

:francis: