Evolve (PC, PS4, Xbox One) (Free-to-Play on PC now, consoles later)

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
There is no such thing as an unbiased impression or opinion. Everybody has their own bias that directly effects their impression/opinion.
There are less biased opinions though. Certainly you can agree to that. What we're seeing now is users pissed at the dlc. I wanna see what somebody that didn't pay for it thinks. They'll let me know if it's fun or not, without all the "I hate day 1 dlc" bias

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I don't know what to make of this. Game has a surprisingly deep learning curve, esp with the monster. IDK if I just suck or the maps are small, but it seemed like I could not get away from the other players.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't know what to make of this. Game has a surprisingly deep learning curve, esp with the monster. IDK if I just suck or the maps are small, but it seemed like I could not get away from the other players.

Depends, probably just not use to it yet, remember there are players like me that have been going hard since the beta. Plus if you played any other monster besides the Goliath starting out you probably died lol.

Basic Goliath monster tips.

Run at level 1 sneak as much as possible as it doesn't leave foot prints and you dont scare birds when walking by them
Smell constantly, there is no reason not it gives you a radar view of everything around so you can hunt without worry
Try and save one stamina bar at all times for those situations where hunters kinda slip up on you and you arent ready to fight.

At lvl 2 gain some armor and figh till about 45 percent life, If you can get a kill on a few hunters at that point ( avoid killing the same player twice at this point if you can't take down the team) you set up a much easier victory for stage 3 as you will only have to down those player one more time before that have a respawn timer (2 deaths = 2 min rez timer)

Bait hunters to fight you around the big aggro creatures with the help of wild life I have killed groups at level one. The wild life can make all the difference in a battle.

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
There are less biased opinions though. Certainly you can agree to that. What we're seeing now is users pissed at the dlc. I wanna see what somebody that didn't pay for it thinks. They'll let me know if it's fun or not, without all the "I hate day 1 dlc" bias
the greedy DLC shyt also exists outside of the quality of the base game. but if I look at Steam reviews now, all I'll see is crap about the DLC

their system also got circumvented, because I think anyone that played the beta can write a review. I did a little research, and most of those reviewers don't even own the game

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
the greedy DLC shyt also exists outside of the quality of the base game. but if I look at Steam reviews now, all I'll see is crap about the DLC

their system also got circumvented, because I think anyone that played the beta can write a review. I did a little research, and most of those reviewers don't even own the game
Yeah, it's really hard to get a 'less biased' opinion on this game. I wanna know if I should buy it or not. I liked l4d. Would I like this?

What are your experiences?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, it's really hard to get a 'less biased' opinion on this game. I wanna know if I should buy it or not. I liked l4d. Would I like this?

I played in the beta, and I've played live. I also like l4d.

This isn't a twitch shooter, by any means so if your looking for that pass. However there are some modes that get twitch. The have some really great modes where if you don't do this, such and such happens the next day but if you do such and such doesnt happen. Evac mode is really fun.

But the heart of the game imo is the pvp 4 v 1 and it does this better than any game I have played. Which says alot, all the monsters fit a certain play style and feel totally different from the others. The hunters are the same way, and you unlock new monsters and hunters and perks by playing certain monsters or hunters and using there skills and abilities. Much like your COD have been doing.

10-15 min matches are all the time you need to get good solid games in.

If you liked l4d because of how you had to worry about your objective and protecting yourself you'll love it. Playing with friends makes it's all that much better, but I have a blast playing alone.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

the different classes make it a more complex game than L4D. it's not as easy to just jump in and shoot some zombies. the gameplay is also slower, since you're not fighting waves of enemies, and a big part is just trying to find the monster

I really haven't played much. I'm trying to learn the classes playing with bots

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I look further into the DLC controversy and its a bunch of crap. Yea you could say that one hunter pack thing is grossly overpriced. But the rest of the stuff is just straight up skins for monsters, guns, etc. And the monster DLC was available for free if you pre order(basically 5 as opposed to 25) People need to stop whining and acting like these companies are charity org. They are trying to squeeze any buck out of you like business men. Don't like, dont buy. Its that simple

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the different classes make it a more complex game than L4D. it's not as easy to just jump in and shoot some zombies. the gameplay is also slower, since you're not fighting waves of enemies, and a big part is just trying to find the monster

I really haven't played much. I'm trying to learn the classes playing with bots

Yeah the 1st 5 mins of a match can seem really slow if you are playing against a good monster and your group of hunters or your trapper is weak. But one the action gets started MAN. Its amazing.

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I look further into the DLC controversy and its a bunch of crap. Yea you could say that one hunter pack thing is grossly overpriced. But the rest of the stuff is just straight up skins for monsters, guns, etc. And the monster DLC was available for free if you pre order(basically 5 as opposed to 25) People need to stop whining and acting like these companies are charity org. They are trying to squeeze any buck out of you like business men. Don't like, dont buy. Its that simple
Its not a charity if you spend $60 on a game. Whatever happened to games where you could unlock different items over time? Now I have to buy all the extras in the game? Meh, I'll just wait until the GOTY edition and cop that considering it'll be cheaper and have everything included. Plus for $60 this game doesn't have nearly as much content as other AAA titles.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
from the sound of it this is a barebones game that was basically created to sell DLC. a $60 game that rips off the F2P model. Probably just better to wait and get the re-release that has more stuff packed in.