Evolve (PC, PS4, Xbox One) (Free-to-Play on PC now, consoles later)

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/12/evolve-review

THE VERDICT
It’s rare for a big multiplayer game like Evolve to feel so considered and intelligent. Everything – skills, mechanics, and design choices – seem to interlock in a way that’s both natural and purposeful. That it’s so mechanically rich and still conveys the raw energy and fun of duking it out with huge monsters and action-figure-esque hunters is a real design feat. Its progression system stifles it a bit early on, but regardless,Evolve is a deeply rewarding multiplayer experience that packs both brains and brawn.

AMAZING
Tactically deep, and bursting with character, Evolve offers a level of nuance rarely found in multiplayer shooters. RT
VINCE INGENITO 11 FEB 2015
  • +Unique concept
  • +Brilliant design
  • +Tactical depth
  • +Tons of personality
  • –Progression system

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/evolve-review/1900-6416026/

THE GOOD
Battles are vicious and intense
Every role is useful and fun
Fantastic audio enhances the unsettling atmosphere
Vertical maps and other variables keep the combat fresh
THE BAD
Hunts can get boring if they stretch on for too long
Evacuation map gimmicks don't always feel properly balanced

GREAT

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/e...e/2015/02/11/evolve-review-game-informer.aspx

Evolve

• 1 to 5 Player(s)
  • Developer: Turtle Rock Studios
  • Publisher: 2K Games
  • Genre: Shooter
  • Release Date: 2/10/2015

more info

GI Rating8.5

• Concept:Transform boss battles into a 4v1 multiplayer experience that caters to both competitive and cooperative players
  • Graphics:The maps are detailed and varied. The monsters are beautifully grotesque, though getting close enough to appreciate them probably means you're dead
  • Sound:A variety of environmental sounds cue you into the location of your foes, but the hunters' banter is too repetitive
  • Playability:Solid and smartly designed controls make it easy to learn your character's unique abilities and use them effectively
  • Entertainment:The 4v1 formula is original but inherently limited; how long Evolve holds your attention will depend on how much you enjoy the hunt.
  • Replay:High

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Last edited:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Returned it after i found out about no campaign, multiplayer only, and the dlc B$ gonna wait on that complete edition.:yeshrug:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Same ppl calling it trash about to race out and cop a 4 hour tech demo called the Order :heh:
The Order is a complete game though, unlike this bullshyt which selling you suckers expensive ass DLC. Y'all some fukking suckers, dumb ass consumers. :camby:

You been on some sucker shyt since I sonned you last year. Lift your skirt up you fukking bytch.

and don't fukking quote me nikka.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
lmao pretty much, they gonna be hype to pay 60 on that 6 hour fps tech demo

But but but it has a campaign doe:troll:
I'd rather play a good 10hr campaign with a start and end that's quality than some bullshyt, lifeless wanna be PC exclusive with robbery DLC not covered by it's season pass. You own an Larrybox though, so I guess being a sucker runs in your blood, literally been getting raped since 2013 with no vaseline. :heh:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
The Order is a complete game though, unlike this bullshyt which selling you suckers expensive ass DLC. Y'all some fukking suckers, dumb ass consumers. :camby:

You been on some sucker shyt since I sonned you last year. Lift your skirt up you fukking bytch.

and don't fukking quote me nikka.

Its been explained countless times the DLC is just skins and extra characters. Nothing game breaking. Its kind of the same thing in TLOU where they are charging you money for shyt like hats, masks, and animations. :heh: Funny I didn't hear you complaining abou that. The game is actually kind of fun and challenging the more I play it. You should find out for yourself after you finish the Order in one night

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its been explained countless times the DLC is just skins and extra characters. Nothing game breaking. Its kind of the same thing in TLOU where they are charging you money for shyt like hats, masks, and animations. :heh: Funny I didn't hear you complaining abou that. The game is actually kind of fun and challenging the more I play it. You should find out for yourself after you finish the Order in one night
"just skins and extra characters"
You forgot the part where TLOU has a story mode and is the citizen kane of gaming whereas Evolve is the scary movie of gaming as it's a damn joke at this point.

I would never spend my hard earned money on this bullshyt title because it reminds me too much of most Ubisoft titles with it's meager content and shallow gameplay.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
"just skins and extra characters"
You forgot the part where TLOU has a story mode and is the citizen kane of gaming whereas Evolve is the scary movie of gaming as it's a damn joke at this point.

I would never spend my hard earned money on this bullshyt title because it reminds me too much of most Ubisoft titles with it's meager content and shallow gameplay.

Cool bro. Kindly see your way out this thread then. Go harass Meach some more or something