Evil Dead Rise(Red Band Trailer) - Film Looks Crazy Good

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
This movie got a 77% Audience Review score on Fandingo. The way I hear some of you talking about this film, you'd expect the Audience score to be in the 90% range. It did get a 84% Critic Review score, but I always go by the Audience score. But both reviews are probably coming from mostly White people. Plus Fandingo ratings, even the Audience Reviews, been way off lately.

Anyway, I hope this isn't one of those movies where you have to watch part 1, 2, etc..., to understand it. Because I didn't know there was an "Evil Dead" movie in '81. And me and both girls I dated in that year, stayed in the movies, especially horror movies...go figure. In fact, I took four different girls to the movies that year, trying to mend a broken heart. I still remember "Scanner", when that mans head exploded. We had never seen anything like that in a movie. Still wasn't enough to get my date to grab me, which was the only reason I got hooked on horror movies early that year...lol.

Anyway, the first version I remembered was "Evil Dead II" in '87. That was the first time I saw a movie like that. Me and an old girlfriend rented the video. It freaked us out a little, but it didn't really scared us all that much. I remember this one scene, when the demon was about to do something to this White dude, and it mocked him in his own words, "Your not going to hurt me are you, are you?". We never seen nothing like that in a horror movie before, and we fell out laughing.

It seems like I would have saw the 2013 version, but I don't really remember going, or exactly how it went. Maybe it was a more modern version of the 87' version...that one, everything seemed kinda dark. Like I said, I hope I don't have to remember everything about the earlier versions, to get something outta this film. But after hearing some of you talk about all the gore, I'm almost ready to back out. I saw "Renfield" a few weeks ago, and there was so much blood and gore in that movie, that one could become desensitized.

Last edited:

Edub

Veteran
Daps
This movie got a 77% Audience Review score on Fandingo. The way I hear some of you talking about this film, you'd expect the Audience Score to be in the 90% range. It did get a 84% Critic Review score, but I always go by the Audience score. But both reviews are probably coming from mostly White people. Plus Fandingo ratings, even the Audience Reviews, been way off lately.

Anyway, I hope this isn't one of those movies where you have to watch part 1, 2, etc..., to understand it. Because I didn't know there was an "Evil Dead" movie in '81. And me and both girls I dated in that year, stayed in the movies, especially horror movies...go figure. In fact, I took four different girl to the movies that year, trying to mend a broken heart. I still remember "Scanner", when that mans head exploded. We had never seen anything like that in a movie. Still wasn't enough to get my date to grab me, which was the only reason I got hooked on horror movies early that year...lol.

Anyway, the first version I remembered was "Evil Dead II" in '87. That was the first time I saw a movie like that. Me and an old girlfriend rented the video. It freaked us out a little, but it didn't really scared us all that much. I remember this one scene, where the demon mocked this White boy in his own words, that he was about to kill, telling him, "Your not going to kill me are you, are you? We never seen nothing like that in a horror movie, and we fell out laughing.

It seems like I would have saw the 2013 version, but I don't really remember going, or exactly how it went. Maybe it was a more modern version of the 87' version...that one, everything seemed kinda dark. Like I said, I hope I don't have to remember everything about the earlier versions, to get something outta this film. But after hearing some of you talk about all the gore, I'm almost ready to back out. I saw "Renfield" a few weeks ago, and there was so much blood and gore in that movie, that one could become desensitized.
Scanner is showing on hbo max right now lol

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
It saw it last night. It didn't bother me, but half of the audience were talking about the scenes throughout the movie, especially down near the front row, and the center. I've seen the audience do this before, like right before the pandemic, but last night, I've never heard an audience do it to this degree, Even the couple a few seats to my right were talking, especially the girl. making comments like, "She should have done this", or "He should have done that", and this was almost through-out the movie. I mean this movie must have been really talked about. I was beginning to think the crowd was being affected by that evil book in the movie. This one dude up front was even laughing, and I mean loud. Back in the day, you wouldn't catch nobody laughing in a horror movie, but last night wasn't really the first time I've seen this. I saw this a few times before the pandemic, like when I went to see "It Chapter Two". You couldn't pay me to laugh at anything in that movie.

But like I said, the chatter didn't really bother me. In fact, I'd rather see the audience do this, then to be the only one in the whole theater, especially when it's this type of horror film, and especially late at night. After hearing all that talking among one another, it almost felt like I should have been with a date...for the first time in a minute. But I think that feeling also had something to do with not having my large popcorn and large drink with me lately. That use to be my movie date...lol. Now they messed that up. I did have my large drink though, but it's not the same without my large popcorn. And I still have to deal with one of the young funny acting people at the concession bar, like I had to again last night. I found out the young dude last week purposely didn't activate one of my $5 rewards I have left. Anyway, I always get the last word when I have to bust one of them out, like I did last night...but I get tired of having to do that. This time I surprised the young dude waiting on me, when he finally turned around after ignoring me, and saw my cellphone camera pointing directly at him. He got straight after that. I'm gonna have to start posting these cell phone videos, or start sending them to the right personnel, or both.

Speaking of filming, when I first came in last night, there was this White guy standing not far from the entrance with his cellphone camera, filming the entire concession staff from far away. For a minute, I thought he was filming me, since I had to walk in front of him to get to the restroom. When I came back, he had put his cell phone away. After dealing with that clown at the concession bar when I was getting my drink, I believe he was recording them because of their lackluster behavior they be showing towards certain customers like me, or maybe himself on a few occasions. As a matter of fact, I had planned this night to film at least one of the concession crew acting up myself, and I wound up doing it for the first time. More brothers need to start doing things like this, instead of leaving it up to Black women, or White people to complain, especially when brothers get it the worst. As long as we don't learn to stand up, customer service workers will continue acting like they don't have a boss, when dealing with one of us. If brothers only knew their true power, instead of going against one another all the time...smh.

Anyway, I didn't feel like I wasted my time seeing this movie. It was kinda like "The Shining", but with more gore. But I couldn't quite figure out the very last scene, and how it reconnected to the beginning. The movie kept my attention, but I would have found it even more interesting if I understood that last scene, even though I recognized the two girls.

Last edited:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Movie comes out on Digital Tomorrow.

Experience a riveting, gore-filled nightmare when Evil Dead Rise arrives for purchase Digitally at home on May 9. The film will also be available to purchase on 4K UHD Combo Pack, Blu-ray and DVD beginning on June 27. Here’s everything you need to know:

• On May 9, Evil Dead Rise will be available for early Premium Digital Ownership at home for $24.99 and for 48-hour rental via PVOD for $19.99 SRP on participating digital platforms where you purchase movies, including Amazon Prime Video, AppleTV, Google Play, Vudu.
  • On June 27, Evil Dead Rise will be available on 4K UHD Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD. Evil Dead Rise will also continue to be available to own in high definition and standard definition from participating digital retailers.
‘Evil Dead Rise’ Coming Home to Digital This Week; 4K and Blu-ray Releasing in June [Exclusive]

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
It saw it last night. It didn't bother me, but half of the audience were talking about the scenes throughout the movie, especially down near the front row, and the center. I seen the audience do this before, like right before the pandemic, but last night, I never heard an audience do it to this degree, Even the couple a few chairs to my right were talking, especially the girl. making comments like, "She shouldn't have done this", or "He should have done that", and this was almost through-out the movie. I mean this movie must have been really talked about. I was beginning to think the crowd was being affected by that evil book in the movie. Some people were even laughing up front, and I mean loud. Back in the day, you wouldn't catch nobody laughing in a horror movie, but last night wasn't really the first time I've seen this. I saw this a few times before the pandemic, like when I went to see "It Chapter Two". You couldn't pay me to laugh at anything in that movie.

But like I said, this chatter didn't bother me. In fact, I'd rather see the audience do this, then to be the only one in the whole theater, especially when it's this type of horror film, and especially late at night. After hearing all that talking among one another, it almost felt like I should have been with a date...for the first time in a minute. But I think that feeling also had something to do with not having my large popcorn and large drink lately. That use to be my movie date...lol. Now they messed that up. I did have my large drink though, but it's not the same without my large popcorn. And I still have to deal with one of the young funny acting people at the concession bar, like I had to again last night. I found out the young dude last week purposely didn't activate one of my $5 rewards I have left. Anyway, I always get the last word when I have to bust one of them out, like I did last night...but I get tired of having to do that. This time I surprised the young dude waiting on me, when he finally turned around after ignoring me, and saw my cellphone camera pointing directly at him. He got straight after that. I'm gonna have to start posting these videos, or start sending them to the right personnel, or both.

Speaking of filming, when I first came in last night, there was this White guy standing not far from the entrance with his cellphone camera, fiming the entire concession staff from far away. For a minute, I thought he was filming me, since I had to walk in front of him to get to the restroom. When I came back, he had put his cell phone away. After dealing with that clown at the concession bar when I was getting my drink, I believe he was recording them because of their lackluster behavior they be showing towards certain customers like me, or maybe himself once or twice. As a matter of fact, I had planned to film them myself, and I wound up doing it for the first time. More brothers need to start doing things like this, instead of leaving it up to Black women, or White people to complain, especially when brothers get it the worst. As long as we don't learn to stand up, customer service workers will continue acting like they don't have a boss, when dealing with one of us. If brothers only knew their true power, instead of going against one another all the time...smh.

Anyway, I didn't feel like I wasted my time seeing this movie. It was kinda like "The Shining", but with more gore. But I couldn't quite figure out the very last scene, and how it reconnected to the beginning. The movie kept my attention, but I would have found it even more interesting if I understood that last scene, even though I recognized the two girls.
:skip:

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
By surprise, "Evil Dead Rise" became available for streaming yesterday on my streaming plan. So I could have actually streamed this a day or two later at home, instead of going to that theater, getting dissed by customer service again (provoking me to catch their poor customer service on video), listening to everybody's chatter with their date, or whoever they were with throughout the movie, including the couple sitting two seats next to me, and not having both my large popcorn and large drink. But like I said, the chatter don't bother me all that much, except when people laugh at children getting mangled...smh. Tbh, that girl sitting two seats on my right with her boyfriend wasn't really all that bad. I mean it wasn't like she was loud with it. Sometimes, it's nice to know somebody else is alive in a theater every now and then, as long as they don't get carried away.

But I'm sure glad my 3-month mandatory A-List membership expires this month. It's gotten so tacky going to some of these AMC theaters, that I may not even take advantage of the time I have left...not to mention they make it a little to chilly in their auditoriums sometimes. My body temperature changed over the years, so that never worked for me. I thought about going back to Tuesday discount day only, but after these recent experiences, I'm not sure if I'm gonna even do that once this A-List membership expires. Plus I get a little tired of certain people tryna make me feel outta place because I often show up alone.

Last edited:

Realm-Breaker

Sometimes known as Were-Breaker/Cunning Linguist
Daps
Reppin
Realm far from here
By surprise, "Evil Dead Rise" became available for streaming yesterday on my streaming plan. So I could have actually streamed this a day or two later at home, instead of going to that theater, getting dissed by customer service again (provoking me to catch their poor customer service on video), listening to everybody's chatter with their date, or whoever they were with throughout the movie, including the couple sitting two seats next to me, and not having both my large popcorn and large drink.

I'm sure glad my 3-month mandatory A-List membership expires this month. It's gotten so tacky going to some of these AMC theaters, that I may not even take advantage of the time I have left...not to mention they make it a little to chilly in there sometimes. My body temperature changed over the years, so that never worked for me. I thought about going back Tuesday discount day only, but after these recent experiences, I'm not sure if I'm gonna even do that once this A-List membership expires. Plus I get a little tired of certain people tryna make me feel outta place because I often show up alone.
I'm glad I saw this in theaters. I have A list too! I'm sorry your theater sucks though!😹

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
It saw it last night. It didn't bother me, but half of the audience were talking about the scenes throughout the movie, especially down near the front row, and the center. I seen the audience do this before, like right before the pandemic, but last night, I never heard an audience do it to this degree, Even the couple a few chairs to my right were talking, especially the girl. making comments like, "She shouldn't have done this", or "He should have done that", and this was almost through-out the movie. I mean this movie must have been really talked about. I was beginning to think the crowd was being affected by that evil book in the movie. Some people were even laughing up front, and I mean loud. Back in the day, you wouldn't catch nobody laughing in a horror movie, but last night wasn't really the first time I've seen this. I saw this a few times before the pandemic, like when I went to see "It Chapter Two". You couldn't pay me to laugh at anything in that movie.

But like I said, this chatter didn't bother me. In fact, I'd rather see the audience do this, then to be the only one in the whole theater, especially when it's this type of horror film, and especially late at night. After hearing all that talking among one another, it almost felt like I should have been with a date...for the first time in a minute. But I think that feeling also had something to do with not having my large popcorn and large drink lately. That use to be my movie date...lol. Now they messed that up. I did have my large drink though, but it's not the same without my large popcorn. And I still have to deal with one of the young funny acting people at the concession bar, like I had to again last night. I found out the young dude last week purposely didn't activate one of my $5 rewards I have left. Anyway, I always get the last word when I have to bust one of them out, like I did last night...but I get tired of having to do that. This time I surprised the young dude waiting on me, when he finally turned around after ignoring me, and saw my cellphone camera pointing directly at him. He got straight after that. I'm gonna have to start posting these videos, or start sending them to the right personnel, or both.

Speaking of filming, when I first came in last night, there was this White guy standing not far from the entrance with his cellphone camera, fiming the entire concession staff from far away. For a minute, I thought he was filming me, since I had to walk in front of him to get to the restroom. When I came back, he had put his cell phone away. After dealing with that clown at the concession bar when I was getting my drink, I believe he was recording them because of their lackluster behavior they be showing towards certain customers like me, or maybe himself once or twice. As a matter of fact, I had planned to film them myself, and I wound up doing it for the first time. More brothers need to start doing things like this, instead of leaving it up to Black women, or White people to complain, especially when brothers get it the worst. As long as we don't learn to stand up, customer service workers will continue acting like they don't have a boss, when dealing with one of us. If brothers only knew their true power, instead of going against one another all the time...smh.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
@Peter Popoff @Bryan Danielson warner brothers discovery nicca!!!

Crazy the old WB regime had this slated to be a streaming only movie. Now they got over $100M+ they wouldnt have and put them in a nice place to continue the franchise/IP, so incompetent. This is on top of doing shyt like greenling Eastwood movies they knew would lose money too :francis: