Evil Dead Rise(Red Band Trailer) - Film Looks Crazy Good

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
When you put it that way, then I guess I already got it. That's what I meant when I said I recognized the two girls at the end. But usually that's how a movie starts. I guess the writers were tryna do something a little different with this movie. Anyway, I guess that last scene meant there's gonna be another part to this movie. But I still don't see how that scene was a missing part to the puzzle. Like were those two girls in that last scene related to the family, etc...? Maybe it needs to be watched again.
she was a neighbor. i guess she slept through the night before, cause she comes out in the garage in the end, sees all the meat and blood on the ground, starts screaming, then the camera flies into her face, just like the end of Evil Dead 1983. she was possessed and took that to the lake house... thats why she was sick. clearly theyre setting up to expand the franchise. it's just a way of letting you know that shyt is not over... its just beginning

same reason they retconned the Necronomicon into being 3 books as a way of explaining why 2013/Original Trilogy/Ash Vs Evil Dead versions all look different.

i predict they will make at least 3 more Evil Dead flicks. i hope they use Fede Alvarez next time. the new writers behind Rise kind of suck.

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
Watched this in a VIP cinema experience wit this breezy I been seein..

Only 4 of us in the cinema in 18 seats ''

We were right up front '' I aint watched the rest of the series is but thought this as reasonably well put together

Def did a good job of maintaining intensity, ( think being right bang in front of the big screen def helped) but better then that horror movie everyone raved about last year.. ( wit that goofy Cac America loves)
watch the 2013 one. its one of the most sadistic and bloodiest films ive ever seen. its unique to the series in that its very influenced by japanese horror

:damn:
the ending must've used thousands of gallons of blood. it literally rains blood:demonic:

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
This movie got a 77% Audience Review score on Fandingo. The way I hear some of you talking about this film, you'd expect the Audience score to be in the 90% range. It did get a 84% Critic Review score, but I always go by the Audience score. But both reviews are probably coming from mostly White people. Plus Fandingo ratings, even the Audience Reviews, been way off lately.

Anyway, I hope this isn't one of those movies where you have to watch part 1, 2, etc..., to understand it. Because I didn't know there was an "Evil Dead" movie in '81. And me and both girls I dated in that year, stayed in the movies, especially horror movies...go figure. In fact, I took four different girls to the movies that year, trying to mend a broken heart. I still remember "Scanner", when that mans head exploded. We had never seen anything like that in a movie. Still wasn't enough to get my date to grab me, which was the only reason I got hooked on horror movies early that year...lol.

Anyway, the first version I remembered was "Evil Dead II" in '87. That was the first time I saw a movie like that. Me and an old girlfriend rented the video. It freaked us out a little, but it didn't really scared us all that much. I remember this one scene, when the demon was about to do something to this White dude, and it mocked him in his own words, "Your not going to hurt me are you, are you?". We never seen nothing like that in a horror movie before, and we fell out laughing.

It seems like I would have saw the 2013 version, but I don't really remember going, or exactly how it went. Maybe it was a more modern version of the 87' version...that one, everything seemed kinda dark. Like I said, I hope I don't have to remember everything about the earlier versions, to get something outta this film. But after hearing some of you talk about all the gore, I'm almost ready to back out. I saw "Renfield" a few weeks ago, and there was so much blood and gore in that movie, that one could become desensitized.
Are you 60 breh?
:damn:

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
He probably bit older than me..I was born in 68.

kevin-hart-kevin.gif

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
I just streamed "The Evil Dead" 81' version. It turned out this was the version me and that old girlfriend rented out that night in 87'. So I guess we weren't watching the 87' version after all, which makes sense, because movies don't usually come out on video tapes that fast. I still don't know how I missed it in 81'. And I don't remember all that gore when we rented it out that night in 87'. I guess my mind was too much on whether this girl was gonna give me some that night.

This was one of those f**ked up relationships, were I never got the girl real wet, and fully penetrated, because she was too busy playing games with the booty, and we would sometimes go weeks without talking. She was the one I said I finally got real wet one night for the first time, and finally got it all the way in, but I caught a cramp. When you had a girl butt several times, and she still plays with the booty the way she did, it usually don't work out, after disappointing a brother one night too many.

Last edited:

El Jefe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Idk how y’all watch this type shyt. Welp first horror movie in awhile I’ll probably watch another one in 20 years.

Fn right, Im at times I was thinkin who thinks up or writes this type of shxt LOL

As i mentioned bein in such a small intimate cinema, bang up front and in the middle, in front of the big skreen fkd me up fo a sec like what the f am i watchin right now..

I appreciate I got to watch it that way now

I enjoyed it but not as good as 2013, which was far more intense.

More intense then this shxt.. gaddamn