DM[V]
RdRs24J.jpg

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
How long do it take for movies to hit moviesjoy? Couldn't go see this shyt when I wanted to (busy with overtime at work and shyt) and I dont feel like going out to the theaters to see it anymore.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Watched this yesterday afternoon and thought it was dope as hell. Way better than the 2013 one, which I actually liked, but was basically a remake of the first two movies. Added nothing to the franchise at all.

At least with this one we got a new setting and some new canon....

There being 3 books, which was shown in "Army Of Darkness" and explains how none of these characters know each other. Ash, Mia from 2013, and now Beth from this movie are dealing with different books that all do the same thing.

Also apparently that was Ash on the first record shouting "it's called the Book Of The Dead for a reason!".

So he'll definitely pop up at some point in the future.

Also, the setting. A secluded cabin is creepy but the shyt is a horror meme at this point. They made the circumstances somewhat believable with it being a dilapidated building and a natural disaster cutting them off from the world for a night.

Lastly I don't know how the fukk people are clowning the kid for searching the bank vault, where money, etc. could actually be vs that moron from the 2013 movie reading the book after it literally said DO NOT READ THIS. :unimpressed:

Anyway, I enjoyed this a lot.

Fred.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Overall it was worth the watch but don't think I'd ever watch it again. shyt was too wacky for me. And sometimes downright cheesy. When she killed dude by spitting the eyeball in his mouth I was like :hhh:.....Hoping it was gonna be dark like the remake. All the goofy CGI completely ruins the atmosphere. Damn near cartoon status. The over abundance of CGI in horror movies nowadays completely sickens me.

But there were some positives. Opening scene was another classic. shyt set it off real quick. Was hoping it was gonna be more on that level.

The son slowly increasing the pitch on the record was dope. The mom cooking the eggs was creepy as hell. But overall it was mainly all style and little substance. And even though the evil dead series can come off like mindless fun I've always felt it had great writing and creativity behind it. Can't say that for this one. Just felt like a bunch of horror movies that came before it. Not much memorable here aside from the mother's performance. That actress carried the whole movie. Don't regret watching it but it was one and done for me. 7/10.

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
Saw it today at Cinemark. It was Discount Tuesday. Plus I used my lil $5 Fandango reward so the ticket only cost me $2.89. :wow:

I definitely preferred this to the new Hellraiser movie, both of which were initially made for streaming services.

I liked Beth's actress. She reminded me of a young Juliette Lewis a lil bit in appearance and moreso in her voice.

Of the kids, I liked Bridget. She was the only one who demonstrated any good sense. Aside from her, I wanted the kids to die. :hubie:

I've never seen Alyssa Sutherland before but she's striking. Especially with that red hair. And when possessed, those Darth Vader Sith eyes. :skip:

And shout out to Peter Albrechtsen. He was responsible for the best sound design I've heard since playing Returnal.

Last edited: