everyday i wake up and am reminded what a scam college is

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
I'm only gonna be able to get one internship in since I"m graduating a half year earlier. But it seems like I'm fine otherwise. I haven't heard of anybody having a problem getting a solid job. Most people I know are getting jobs at amazon and Microsoft. I needed some extra certs to get into the Microsoft internship otherwise I would have done it this summer.

Most Microsoft Certs aren't that hard, pick up a couple of books off amazon and you should be straight....dont be fooled into one of those Microsoft trainning classes and be kicking out $2G for 3 weeks of training..

:(

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Engineering degree has treated me well. Sorry you majored in bullshyt.

The funny thing is, alot of people are interested in those fields, but the "MATH" scares the hell out of them.. so they find something else.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
The funny thing is, alot of people are interested in those fields, but the "MATH" scares the hell out of them.. so they find something else.

Yeah people are scared way too easily. The math was hard as fukk but you gotta just push through it. I been working in my field for 6 years and i havent used a damn thing from Calculus 3, Physics 2, Differential Equations, etc....none of it. All i do at work is talk to people, make Excel sheets, and send emails.

A lot of good paying fields make you take tough classes you can just forget all about once you get that degree. One of my friends used to call and complain about all those science labs she did in her Pharmacy classes, now she doesnt even remember the names of those classes.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
I'm 80K in the hole :why: But fukk it, if I didn't go to college I'd probably be dead, in jail, or a bum by now so :manny:

same here, college or military. im the only male of my generation who hasnt fukked up his life before he hit 20. i aint even one of the talented/smart ones:yeshrug:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Could be worse. One day you might wake up every morning hugging your wifes jelly rolls thinking the same thing.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The problem stems from HS.

A lot of kids graduate and don't understand all the shyt that comes along with going to college. Student loans, financial aid, the image of college etc are factors that get in kids heads and can be their downfall.

If you get in school and don't know what you want to do, you better figure it out fast... you're just going to waste money and pay for it later. College is great for people who have a plan and know how they plan on using it to their advantage. Pick a major that's going to be relevant no matter the year... if not... you can always be a teacher

:manny:

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
You should prepare for the worst and hope for the best regardless of what major you graduate with.

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
I'm only gonna be able to get one internship in since I"m graduating a half year earlier. But it seems like I'm fine otherwise. I haven't heard of anybody having a problem getting a solid job. Most people I know are getting jobs at amazon and Microsoft. I needed some extra certs to get into the Microsoft internship otherwise I would have done it this summer.

One internship should be enough if it's with a brand name firm and/or you were given significant experience that will impress employers.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Yeah people are scared way too easily. The math was hard as fukk but you gotta just push through it. I been working in my field for 6 years and i havent used a damn thing from Calculus 3, Physics 2, Differential Equations, etc....none of it. All i do at work is talk to people, make Excel sheets, and send emails.

A lot of good paying fields make you take tough classes you can just forget all about once you get that degree. One of my friends used to call and complain about all those science labs she did in her Pharmacy classes, now she doesnt even remember the names of those classes.

Civil Engineer here...i still have nitemares to this day from my differential equations class. College has worked out fine for me. If you have a plan and stick to it, make the right connects and get a good internship you'll be fine. You pick a crappy major with no job prospects, no game plan and don't network then that's your fault. :manny:

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
If everybody did engineering or other STEM fields like is suggested in these sort of threads by those who majored in those fields, those fields would not be nearly as lucrative. Be happy that people are "scared" of those math classes. That's what keeps you in the high income tax brackets.