everyday i wake up and am reminded what a scam college is

Kenyan West

lazy fba philly nikka,
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
College is the biggest hustle ever. My heart goes out to yall niccas who thousands upon thousands in the hole with nothing to show for it. Working at target , openin up ya closet with two dozen red shirts hangin up and shyt,, ole making moist ass frappachinos for smug b*stards at Starbucks for pittance, knowing damn well that if you were to dedicate your entire salary to your debt, itll take you till 2035 to pay that shyt off.

Niccas gonna be rockin hoverboards when yall free. Its disturbing. I thank my lucky stars that I came out the womb a scholar and a king. no need for some cac to hand me a degree. Ill look at them niccas like, nikka I was deserving of this shyt when I had Tonka trucks and tmnt 2 the arcade game on deck, fukk outtahere. thank God ima thorough ass,, crisp ass, upper echelon disregard the rules assnicca who gives Oscar worthy performanCes during interviews. Zero school debt, 26, finance, bout to cop that raise to 75k next year. :eek:

College, man, used incorrectly delays your earning potential. When a nig graduated, I went to work. Two jobs all the time, complete different fields, stackin that exp. :shaq: law firms, banks, manufacturing, I was gettin those connects, while other nigs was binge drinking and bangin moonwolves.

Experience rules everything. if you ain't goin specialized, then get that work. nikkas cant tell you shyt. I sonned 32 MBA BS AA ass nigs to Bolivian for my position with a HS diploma.

Iwish you all the best of luck, brehs.. :manny:

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Maaaan, the US's school loan situation sucks so much i had to join for this post.

I went to a top rated public school for 4 years, but the student loans i left that bytch with are ridiculous, Def. over 110k. Luckily i have a chance to get a good salary not too late after finishing up college in Software Development. Been working for 2 years and can honestly say that I might be able to handle these school loans after all.

My boy goes to community college for two years for free, balls out, then gets a free ride to an ivy league. Just graduated and no student loans. Im proud of him for not letting school loans be an option, cause thats not the way to go.

And where you do your undergrad doesn't seem to matter as much as it would for grad school. College rankings are based on research anyway.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
all depends on what you spent that money learning :yeshrug:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Maaaan, the US's school loan situation sucks so much i had to join for this post.

I went to a top rated public school for 4 years, but the student loans i left that bytch with are ridiculous, Def. over 110k. Luckily i have a chance to get a good salary not too late after finishing up college in Software Development. Been working for 2 years and can honestly say that I might be able to handle these school loans after all.

My boy goes to community college for two years for free, balls out, then gets a free ride to an ivy league. Just graduated and no student loans. Im proud of him for not letting school loans be an option, cause thats not the way to go.

And where you do your undergrad doesn't seem to matter as much as it would for grad school. College rankings are based on research anyway.
One of my boys did the CC to Ivy League thing too. But besides that, undergrad does matter depending on the job. Like how finance jobs are biased towards to ivy league and elite undergraduate business schools. The most elite jobs you can get out of undergrad definitely have that bias.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
One of my boys did the CC to Ivy League thing too. But besides that, undergrad does matter depending on the job. Like how finance jobs are biased towards to ivy league and elite undergraduate business schools. The most elite jobs you can get out of undergrad definitely have that bias.

i actually didn't realize that, I thought that most elite jobs required some type of grad degree.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
The reason college is a scam is because they prey on the ignorance of 18 year old kids.

It's easy to sit in here and say don't choose a bad major but still...go into the communications office at any college and the people inside will tell you it's a great major. And when they're telling that to 18 year old kids who believe if they don't attend college they'll work at mcdonalds...and you get a lot of people wasting money on college.

IMO colleges shouldn't offer majors unless those majors provide enough future earnings to comfortably offset the debt people typically end up in.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
i actually didn't realize that, I thought that most elite jobs required some type of grad degree.

The thing is, something like an MBA is useless without work experience. You get jobs like that primarily through good grades an internships but they are definitely biased towards the ivy league schools and elite undergrad business schools. Let me put it like this, my boy graduated from the Ross School of Business (top 5 undergrad business program at the University of Michigan) and interviewers came on campus and he got put on with his job at Morgan Stanley. Other boys at Cisco System (starting salary 80k) and Lehman Bros. prior to that crash. My other boys from back home applied to those same places and got thrown in the pile.

There are articles on it that you can google.

But unless you're a STEM major it may come into play.

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
The thing is, something like an MBA is useless without work experience. You get jobs like that primarily through good grades an internships but they are definitely biased towards the ivy league schools and elite undergrad business schools. Let me put it like this, my boy graduated from the Ross School of Business (top 5 undergrad business program at the University of Michigan) and interviewers came on campus and he got put on with his job at Morgan Stanley. Other boys at Cisco System (starting salary 80k) and Lehman Bros. prior to that crash. My other boys from back home applied to those same places and got thrown in the pile.

There are articles on it that you can google.

But unless you're a STEM major it may come into play.

You're absolutely right. I graduated from an Ivy League school and work in one of these positions. It's nearly impossible to get an interview with my firm in a good division unless you go to an Ivy or Ivy-calibre school. We only recruit at target firms, and if you're a non-target, unless you've got tight connections with someone important at the firm, you're not getting an interview.