everyday i wake up and am reminded what a scam college is

Daps
economics and both

Similar situation.

I got my real estate license when I was in college (in case I had a hard time getting a job).

I got a job and I did well saving money but I never put energy in building credit so here I am...working a job that I want to quit (pay is cool, I just want to be my own man) with down payment money and not good enough credit :sadcam:

john goodman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Similar situation.

I got my real estate license when I was in college (in case I had a hard time getting a job).

I got a job and I did well saving money but I never put energy in building credit so here I am...working a job that I want to quit (pay is cool, I just want to be my own man) with down payment money and not good enough credit :sadcam:

your in philly right?

south kensingon, point breeze and mantua are the places to invest. BIG returns in the next 10 years

wutang512

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Eh... for nikka's that dont really know what they wanna do of course its a waste of money.

If people actually looked at the average salary in the state for the job that they would like to get it would save them alot of time and less headaches.

I knew going into school that if I couldnt get into the medical school(Then changed to PA School) I wanted then I was gonna fall back on the military and try again later.

People going in for crappy degrees and coming out bitter cause they cant get the salary they want is on their own.

Yeah times is hard and the job market sucks but listen here
Every single one of my friends that finished their degree for Engineering they either have a paid internship or a "REAL career Job" lined up coming out of college. My friends that graduated in the business school 1 of them who majored in accounting has a internship lined up with an oil company out here in San Antonio. My home girl major was Marketing she landed a internship with the SPURS her senior yr and when she graduated now she works for the marketing dept.

My roommate is a environmental science major and he's heading to law school in the fall.
2 female associates who also were accounting majors that got jobs coming straight out of college working for USAA making around 50k.

College is what you make it.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
College is just living off it's reputation from back in the day.

Sad thing is, classes are harder now than it was back then, more expensive and more emphasis is placed on it when looking for jobs....BUT at the same time it's like none of that matters.

Also, for those of you calling certain degrees "crappy", etc., that may be the case NOW, but there's plenty of older ppl who have important titles/powerful jobs who graduated with those same degrees y'all refer to as "crappy" now. Plenty of English majors are making 6 figures in corporate America.

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
College is just living off it's reputation from back in the day.

Sad thing is, classes are harder now than it was back then, more expensive and more emphasis is placed on it when looking for jobs....BUT at the same time it's like none of that matters.

Also, for those of you calling certain degrees "crappy", etc., that may be the case NOW, but there's plenty of older ppl who have important titles/powerful jobs who graduated with those same degrees y'all refer to as "crappy" now. Plenty of English majors are making 6 figures in corporate America.

That's all irrelevant to new grads. Times were obviously less competitive then. Fewer adults had college degrees, so major wasn't as important. Current and future college students are actually going to have to work hard now to make something of their degree, but it's still worth it if you make the right choices.

High Society

MY Kind of People
Daps
Reppin
The Country Club
For being +$30K in debt, you better had attended a top private university (Ivy League, G-Town, Duke, etc) otherwise, you did it all wrong.

A good sir could never say that college is a scam though. It is a good investment for those who prepare and choose wisely.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Stop majoring in bs majors like sociology and basket weaving:pachaha:

Most folks don't know how to utilize the resources colleges give them. Make college work for you. Use the career center, join clubs related to your major, network, aim for a 3.5 GPA, look in to REU programs, build a relationship with your distinguished professor.

These professors in the long run can you help you get into a better graduate program (letter of recommendation) or hook you up with a job. Also, I want to add that most folks pull out unnecessary loans. It's ok to splurge every now and then but spending the loan money on kicks, jewelry, and eating out EVERYDAY is hustling backwards:childplease:

On the other hand, college books is definitely a scam. Buy 200 dollar book, try to sell it next semester, new edition comes out:what:

Cosign this whole post

Sent From My Nexus S 4G nikka!

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Like someone mentioned before, it's what you majored in. Everyone wants to major in business despite that field being slow. You can never go wrong majoring in healthcare or computer tech. It also depends on what you do. If your some good who just goes to class, sit in the back, go back to your for dorm, smoke weed, repeat, don't be salty when you can't find a job because you never networked, talked to ppl, etc. One of my friends graduated from college. He entered in 05! His major? Pottery :lolbron: wtf can you do with that? Unlesss a remake of ghost comes he's screwed with 7+ years of debt. Another buddy has dual majors in business but he more then likely won't get a job because not only did it take him 6+ years to graduate with 2.2 gpa but he also decided to develop a criminal record(burglary, armed robbery). It what you do and how you do it.

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
Like someone mentioned before, it's what you majored in. Everyone wants to major in business despite that field being slow. You can never go wrong majoring in healthcare or computer tech. It also depends on what you do. If your some good who just goes to class, sit in the back, go back to your for dorm, smoke weed, repeat, don't be salty when you can't find a job because you never networked, talked to ppl, etc. One of my friends graduated from college. He entered in 05! His major? Pottery :lolbron: wtf can you do with that? Unlesss a remake of ghost comes he's screwed with 7+ years of debt. Another buddy has dual majors in business but he more then likely won't get a job because not only did it take him 6+ years to graduate with 2.2 gpa but he also decided to develop a criminal record(burglary, armed robbery). It what you do and how you do it.

:huhldup: damn, you serious nikka? WTF does this dude do now?