segal-headshot.jpg

schamis-headshot.jpg

Hale+Rothstein+bNgcfjRLIPnm.jpg

0xX7NSOZ_400x400.jpg
These really the writers?:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
If a creator has cache and makes hiring black a priority, then it can be done. Everybody Hates Chris had mostly black writers because Chris Rock (and his writing partner Ali LeRoi) had cache. Same goes for Issa Rae. But if you don't have cache or you don't make it a priority, then the producers or studios will do the hiring. They will hire "capable" writers, and because of education and racial discrimination, most capable writers are white.

Kenya has enough "cache" to get black writers

It's clearly not a priority for him.

I'm Still gonna check out the show.:yeshrug:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I swear, the "Black" crowd in TLR is 100x faster to tear down a Black man doing his thing than they would any White show. It makes you wonder....

shyts a fun show. Ain’t nothing c00nish about this show at all based on the first 2 episodes I saw. I like it a lot
They don't want to hear that, they'll base their entire opinion of the show on an unsourced claim about the writers from some random poster in TLR. :mjlol:

I'm so tired of white writers telling Black people who Black people are
So it's blaxploitation?
Probably one of the LEAST blaxploitation shows to get a budget. Black Producer/Writer/Director/Star portraying his own life the way he wishes to portray it. People seriously shook that he hired some White writers that he knew from his previous gigs to cowrite some of the episodes as if they ain't just carrying out his vision.

The main writer/creator is black but outside of that :manny:
That's false, 4 of the 8 writers are Black including as you point out the main writer/creator who is making the rest adhere to his vision.

The Coli hated Black-ish as well before it premiered :russ:

Then most did a 180...

I think Kenya has earned some benefit of the doubt by now.

* With that being said, If he doesnt have black writers, thats wack as fukk
If a creator has cache and makes hiring black a priority, then it can be done. Everybody Hates Chris had mostly black writers because Chris Rock (and his writing partner Ali LeRoi) had cache. Same goes for Issa Rae. But if you don't have cache or you don't make it a priority, then the producers or studios will do the hiring. They will hire "capable" writers, and because of education and racial discrimination, most capable writers are white.
Y'all got to read the thread, he has both Black and White writers working for him, but it clear as day the show is his vision from start to finish regardless of who he hired.

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Last edited:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
This show is funny so far. Im 2 episodes in and Kenya moves like a coli poster.

Repeatedly says he hates whites but continually fukks with them
Stunts every minute of his life but hates stereotypes
Smart dumb nikka rants that nearly make sense
Questions whether or not he is a c00n
6 figures gang

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I disagree. If it ended at slavery it wouldnt be an issue but what happened was 100 years of Jim crow and a buncha of other nefarious shyt thats resulted incurrent issues.

I would argue that Jim Crow can be traced back to slavery as well.

Many white people were not ready to give a black person ownership of land and property just because a federal law said so.

But i recanted that post below after someone posted what looks to be the writing staff

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Has anyone watched it yet? The:dahell: is this bullshyt?
I've caught the first two episodes since the thread. Speaking purely on the content of the episodes:

It's obnoxious so far. All the main character does is bytch and moan about everything :hhh: I can tell that it was some Jewish people writing cuz that's their kinda humor.... that whiny, incessant disposition that's normally attributed to an older Jewish person-- but it's a black man. All the whining makes you (me) lose sight of any of the humor.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just saw a preview for this show and it irritated me. The dad didn't know his children's birthday's and said it was because he had to work. The show him at work having a contest of how long he can hold is breath in a bowl of water. Again, black fathers are either tuned out or missing altogether. I'd love to see a show about a dad going to a PTA meeting or leaving early because the kids are sick. Planning birthday parties and basically juggling all the duties are parenthood that mothers are applauded for in every show. Why does the dad always have to be a clown? Can't help the kids with their homework because he's stupid and stuff like that. There are some dad's that are really good at fatherhood and that needs to be highlighted more.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
I swear, the "Black" crowd in TLR is 100x faster to tear down a Black man doing his thing than they would any White show. It makes you wonder....

They don't want to hear that, they'll base their entire opinion of the show on an unsourced claim about the writers from some random poster in TLR. :mjlol:

Probably one of the LEAST blaxploitation shows to get a budget. Black Producer/Writer/Director/Star portraying his own life the way he wishes to portray it. People seriously shook that he hired some White writers that he knew from his previous gigs to cowrite some of the episodes as if they ain't just carrying out his vision.

That's false, 3 of the 7 writers are Black including as you point out the main writer/creator who is making the rest adhere to his vision.

Y'all got to read the thread, he has both Black and White writers working for him, but it clear as day the show is his vision from start to finish regardless of who he hired.
Shut yo gay white ass the fukk up
Lemme put u on ignore
U stay on some hoe shyt