segal-headshot.jpg

schamis-headshot.jpg

Hale+Rothstein+bNgcfjRLIPnm.jpg

0xX7NSOZ_400x400.jpg
These really the writers? Gotta be some black writers somewhere:francis:

• Dap
Reactions: TEH
Daps
Black AF with Rashida Jones is funny as hell. Yes her father is Quincy but it's still hilarious to me.

I got to the second episode where she’s being “black” and it was absurdly cringe.

They should have gone with a different actress. I understand Kenya had a biracial wife, but there are other actresses who could have made it look more natural.

• Dap
Reactions: TEH

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought Kenya Barris was the writer.
:ohhh:
How Sway? :mindblown::dahell: Can I make a show called white as fukk and it be ok?

there's nothing worse than a cac that dabbles in "blk culture" . i hate that shyt soooo much .

there ya go :skip:

Who are these people, and where did you find a info that they are writers on the show.

We're not doing the un sourced info in 2020

I thought Kenya Barris was the writer.
:ohhh:

He is Coli just post shyt and nikkas run with it. It’s his show. He’s the producer, creator, writer and the main character.

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
i havent seen the show but i approve those titles.

As long as slavery is a thing that happened.... and white america still hasnt apologized and given reparations... then yep, sounds about right.

Almost every single instance of uneven footing that puts black Americans at a disadvantage can easily traced bsck to slsvery
I disagree. If it ended at slavery it wouldnt be an issue but what happened was 100 years of Jim crow and a buncha of other nefarious shyt thats resulted incurrent issues.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
All cac writers

Wow
How is this

That's the thing. I don't mind a white writer here and there but is there anybody else you could hire that was black? On a show that's called Black AF?
Bullshyt. He was just trying to start shyt.

These really the writers? Gotta be some black writers somewhere:francis:
Anyone gonna take the time to check if there are any black writers on the show ? :skip:
There are.

Kenya Barris wrote the first two episodes himself.
Esa Lewis co-wrote the 3rd episode.
Doug Hall wrote the 5th episode.
Alison McDonald wrote the 6th episode.

And those are just writing credits, Kenya Barris himself (the creator, producer, star, and director of several episodes) is obviously acting as the showrunner and several of the white writers on the show are ones that he's already been collaborating with for all his previous shows so they're working under his direction.

It's obnoxious because this is one of the most free hands that a Black producer has been given to create his own show with a serious budget, it's 100% a Black man's creative vision with Black talent on both sides of the camera, and people casting shade just because he hired some white talent in minor roles.

Last edited: