Hale+Rothstein+bNgcfjRLIPnm.jpg

0xX7NSOZ_400x400.jpg
C’mon Kenya

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Can someone explain the dialogue that the daughter said?

She is describing the house and she says it is really nice.

Then she says "it is a really nice house for black people which makes it less nice"

WTF?

ETA: There alot of self loathing from Kenya in this show, which I think he acknowledges.
It is not a good look for black folk.

Self loathing works for the Jews because well you know. :ld:
:gucci: you couldn't have possibly watched that episode and missed why she said that.
Ok

I’m watching it

It’s good

Like a black Curb your enthusiasm

I swear I hate you motherfukkers sometimes

and to think I wasn’t going to watch because of this thread
Its funny because the show parodies them:russ::russ:

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)
I haven't read all ten pages but there are several black writers on this show according to IMDB
#BlackAF (TV Series 2020– ) - Full Cast & Crew - IMDb

Alison+McDonald+45th+Annual+Daytime+Creative+wKzTsjBB6KOl.jpg

Alison McDonald
esa-lewis-and-amy-keith-during-jean-paul-gaultier-fleur-du-male-at-picture-id109669150
Esa Lewis
ccsu_tnl_02_003_standup.jpg

Malik S.
Dpq_RedXgAAXjX_.jpg

Doug Hall
https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2020%2F04%2Fblackaf-kenya-barris-netflix-comedy-series-4.jpg

Rashida Jones and Kenya Barris are executive producers.

It doesn't surprise me that the white people pretending to be black on the coli have a problem with a show that shows Black wealth and black middle class.

Black people having money makes them uncomfortable and they don't like the head writer from Black-ish because Kenya dealt with race issues on the show.

Ok

I’m watching it

It’s good

This.

So there are black writers. First 2 episodes pretty good. I like it. I just didn't want to watch a black show with white writers. Glad that ain't the case. It's a lot of miserable people on the Coli.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Ok

I’m watching it

It’s good

All I did was point out the episode titles and say I don't get it :dwillhuh:

After can catching it all, the shyt is OKAY. Has it moments and Incorporated the vestiges of slavery a lot more than I expected, but it was all reminiscent of black-ish which makes sense.

It's not gonna hurt anyone to watch :yeshrug: I just dont think they're gonna walk away with any discernible "message"

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
I get why after seeing it lol. You have to watch the show to understand.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
Ok

I’m watching it

It’s good

thought the show was pretty good, just a better rowdier version of blackish :yeshrug:

it’s literally everything I’d expect from a rich...yet not wealthy, half mixed black family.

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
No. The Cosby Show was black identified without being performative or fake woke. The Cosby Show had 2 unambiguous, monoracial black parents in Cliff & Clair. Both parents attended an HBCU, Hillman, which began a very popular spinoff. Of the kids, 3/5 were clearly black. The show constantly showed an positive image of the black family. Bill personally made sure to include positive black art (paintings, music) to encourage black people on a subconscious level.

Kenya, his paper bag cast & his blue check Twitter scripts are miles below the genius that was brought forth by the Cosby Show.
I think @Righteous Fury is right though.
Pardon if this was already mentioned but, The Cosby Show received a TON of hate when it first came out.
A lot of black and white people complained about how "unrealistic" it was to see a rich black family whose parents are a doctor and lawyer.
There was a little bit of that with the Fresh Prince too, but not as much.
"Written for white people" was also tossed at those shows too. Now those shows are revered and revisionists want to say that the love was there from the start and was always the gold standard of black art.

The performative black aspect of the show is an issue that I think a lot of the current black creators are guilty of. Kenya does go overboard with the vignettes that teach black culture to the audience
but like a majority of black shows, the creators are pressured, either from the studios or self, to make their product palatable to white audiences. I think he's still operating under that thought process a little for #blackAF
but he's being meta and kinda more... "militant?" The Tyler Perry scene was real as shyt.

Cosby is the superior performer so I do agree that his work is better.