Ever Tried New Food Out of Your Comfort Zone and it Turned Out to be Crack

Midrash

All Star
Daps
I went here in Philly
Saad%2527s+Halal.JPG

I tried that Lamb Shawarma and it had a nikka feeling righteous. :banderas: When ever I go back up there to visit the fam, I'm hitting it up again.

thumb_600.jpg

That Lamb was so tender!!!:lawd::ahh::ohlawd::eat::win::myman::blessed:

Steve Piffler

I got them CERTS
Daps
Reppin
Houston
banh-mi.jpg

my co worker insisted that we got to a Vietnamese restaurant for lunch, and despite my strong objections, his persistence won in the end. so we end up at this place and he orders a Banh Mi sandwich. he suggested that i get one too, and i was like :scusthov:. i couldn't imagine carrots, cilantro, cucumbers, and pork liver pate' on a sandwich. there was no WAY that it could taste good :huhldup:. but i trusted him and i got one and :ohlawd::banderas::banderas:. it's THE best sandwich that i had ever eaten up to that point. so full of flavor. just ridiculously good. Now i go to the spot by my job and eat one every week...:eat:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
my co worker insisted that we got to a Vietnamese restaurant for lunch, and despite my strong objections, his persistence won in the end. so we end up at this place and he orders a Banh Mi sandwich. he suggested that i get one too, and i was like :scusthov:. i couldn't imagine carrots, cilantro, cucumbers, and pork liver pate' on a sandwich. there was no WAY that it could taste good :huhldup:. but i trusted him and i got one and :ohlawd::banderas::banderas:. it's THE best sandwich that i had ever eaten up to that point. so full of flavor. just ridiculously good. Now i go to the spot by my job and eat one every week...:eat:

You better than me bruh.....none of those ingredients sound good on a sandwich.

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
Tonkotsu Ramen.....AKA God's Ramen...

20120227-tonkotsu-ramen-broth-pork-fat-26a.jpg

• Tonkotsu (豚骨, "pork bone"; not to be confused with tonkatsu) ramen usually has a cloudy white colored broth. It is similar to the Chinese baitang (白湯) and has a thick broth made from boiling pork bones, fat, and collagen over high heat for many hours, which suffuses the broth with a hearty pork flavor and a creamy consistency that rivals milk, melted butter or gravy (depending on the shop). Most shops, but not all, blend this pork broth with a small amount of chicken and vegetable stock and/or soy sauce. The noodles are thin and straight, and it is often served with beni shoga(pickled ginger). In recent years the latest trend in tonkotsu toppings is māyu (sesame oil), a blackish, aromatic oil made from either charred crushed garlic or Sesame seeds. It is a specialty of Kyushu, particularly Hakata-ku, Fukuoka (hence sometimes called "Hakata ramen").

:blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed:
Anthony Bourdain had that a couple times on his shows....looks pretty good

Rob's al Ghul

LOCKin' 'em down in the home of the Terrapins
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
410/301/202
It sounds crazy but up 'til about 5-6 years ago, I always looked at salad like :gag::scusthov:. Now, if it's not a daily staple, it's at least an every other day staple. I do like it kinda minimalist, though....romaine, shredded parm cheese, a few whole grain croutons and lite honey mustard dressing. :ahh:

Also, my workplace recently hired a new food service company. The old one was aight, but this new one has a lot more stuff on the menu, and I'm enjoying it. Stuff I never would've dreamed I'd like years ago, I can't enough of....cauliflower, squash, brussels sprouts, zucchini....man. I really hope to go full-on vegetarian at some point, but I love fish too much.

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
i dont really have much stuff outside of my comfort zone...im not big on asian food outside of the grimey generic chinese joints...sushi is okay, pho is okay

although i must say somalian food was good, didnt know what to expect there

madness

Taking my talents to South Beach
Daps
Reppin
City of Zoes
co-sign on sushi:salute:

what's crazy is i've got 2 really good sushi restaurants near me and i used to turn my nose up at them. now i'm a regular customer at both.

dunno if this counts as new food, but i used to always get all steaks and burgers cooked super well-done. til i went out to eat with my homegirl and she offered me a piece of medium-well steak and guaranteed it would be better than any well-done piece of meat. i tried it and have never eaten a piece of well-done meat again:blessed: