Ever heard of Father Divine? (leader of the 1930s. (close w/ Jim Jones Elijah & Farad Muhammad

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Father Divine, Sweet Daddy Grace, CH Mason, Noble Drew Ali, and Elijah Muhammad all came about around the same time and each led their own dedicatee movement. C.H. Mason’s became the most widespread since he founded the Church of God in Christ, with Elijah Muhammad as second with his creation of the Nation of Islam.

invalid

Banned
Daps
Father Divine, Sweet Daddy Grace, CH Mason, Noble Drew Ali, and Elijah Muhammad all came about around the same time and each led their own dedicatee movement. C.H. Mason’s became the most widespread since he founded the Church of God in Christ, with Elijah Muhammad as second with his creation of the Nation of Islam.

Does COGIC have any odd beliefs that differ from other Christian churches?

LoMax30

Bokeem Hoodbine
Daps
Reppin
Chopped Cheese & Snapple Iced Tea
Been awhile since I went down this rabbit hole, but he's got a big empty hotel in Philly. Surprised they haven't done anything with it in decades. It's actually in a fairly desirable neighborhood in Philly too.

Divine_Lorraine_from_Southwest.JPG
That building was gutted and renovated like a year or two ago. Shyt is apartments now :leon:

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
Does COGIC have any odd beliefs that differ from other Christian churches?

Nothing too crazy. They’re just know for being strict about certain “Worldly” things. And they preach that you have to have the Holy Ghost and that you should speak in tongues, as evidence. A lot of their churches have their fair share of fvckery. See the “delivert” dude.

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:

My family from Georgia/SC followed Sweet Daddy Grace. There is a funny story I've told on here before about my grandfather taking my mom and her siblings down to visit family in Augusta. They go to the UHOP one Sunday because growing up, he loved to hear the brass bands. While in church, everybody start singing what was a gospel song, can't remember which one, but the words for "Jesus" was changed to "Sweet Daddy". My mother, who was little at the time, start singing along. My grandfather start noticing her singing "sweeeet daddy". And he said that was it for him... he told them that he'll be damned, the only nikka they gone call "daddy" is him. He rounded them all up and left, never to step back in a UHOP again.

Our cousins who are still in the UHOP are the nicest people in the world. It hurts our heart knowing they in a cult.:mjcry:
But you can't tell them shyt about the UHOP.

Daddy Grace was scary as shyt. He had that perm, wore long ass nails, was draped in a cape most of the times, but that nikka was always driving around in slick ass cadillacs.

Today, the UHOP is known for their lunches that they sell. If you're in DC, go to a local UHOP for lunch. They sell soul food dinners. shyt be flames. :wow:

Best lunch you can get in DC.

eat vampire brunches brehs

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
sweet daddy grace was non fba

Marcelino Manuel da Graça's parents were Manuel (1837–1926) and Gertrude (1847–1933) da Graça. Marcelino da Graça's sibling group consisted of one brother, Benventura, and four sisters: Eugenia, Slyvia, Amalia, and Louise. He was born January 25, in Brava in the Cape Verde Islands, then a Portuguese possession off the west coast of Africa.

The Gentleman

Always a Gentleman!
Daps
Reppin
Being a Gentleman

From what I understand the Nation of Islam got a lot of their imagery, pageantry and doctrine from Noble Drew Ali.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
All supposed leaders supposedly chosen by or a vessel of god are sexual predators, preying on the sheep including Elijah Mohammed that dudes on here try so hard to deny:manny:
Yes unfortunately..

Like that one zesty ATL nikka who was claiming to be a prophet....Holmes or some shyt...sleeping with members wives and flashing money around.

Guys like that sully the name for the legit actual righteous Men and Women who are actually true prophets of GOD.

Either way all these false prophets will suffer for eternity and not be in the New Kingdom and nothing will be lost.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
This is a rabbit hole I'm gonna dive into later

The mystery of Fard's disappearance :ohhh:
Without actual research..

The FBI under Hoover did it.

Black empowerment scared him to death..sleepless nights type of shyt.

Malcolm,Martin,Sam Cooke..Marilyn ..

Hoover has a hand in all of that .