Ever heard of Father Divine? (leader of the 1930s. (close w/ Jim Jones Elijah & Farad Muhammad

The Gentleman

Always a Gentleman!
Daps
Reppin
Being a Gentleman
:snooze:

Screen-Shot-2019-02-20-at-3.45.36-PM.png

I love it.

MIC Que

Pro
Daps
Reppin
7200 DM[V]
Afghanistan.
Hmm possible I mean Pakistan wasn’t even an actual thing yet back then I’m just basing my hypothesis on my Pakistani peoples Ik and the names like Farrakhan, Shabazz and other things in the lessons etc. . I def heard Afghan before but I don’t know as much Afghanistan to cross reference the similarities.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jim Jones tried to takeover Father Divine’s church after he died and the followers ran him out of there faster than his feet could move :mjlol: they were gonna kill that devil

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Hmm possible I mean Pakistan wasn’t even an actual thing yet back then I’m just basing my hypothesis on my Pakistani peoples Ik and the names like Farrakhan, Shabazz and other things in the lessons etc. . I def heard Afghan before but I don’t know as much Afghanistan to cross reference the similarities.
farsi/persian dialect! SHABAZZ is persian.
Also Hebrew Persian.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Today's NOI member's still rock farsi names which is found in Iran..
Rizza/reza is typical name in tehran..

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Jim Jones tried to takeover Father Divine’s church after he died and the followers ran him out of there faster than his feet could move :mjlol: they were gonna kill that devil
Nah i watched the documentary

Jim Jones came and took over his church and then a large part of the congregation left with him to go to Guyana

And they were part of the stupid fukks who drank the kool - aid to commit suicide

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah i watched the documentary

Jim Jones came and took over his church and then a large part of the congregation left with him to go to Guyana

And they were part of the stupid fukks who drank the kool - aid to commit suicide
He never took it over. Some of the people went with him but they were ran up out of there.

Jones’ last trip to the Peace Mission in June 1971 ended badly, when he made a direct play to take over leadership of Divine’s movement – even going so far, according to Raven, as to claim that he was “Father Divine in a new body” (p. 140) – and Mother Divine firmly rebuked him. The Temple contingent with Jones was forced out of Peace Mission lodging in the middle of the following night – there are conflicting rumors as to the direct cause of the final rupture – and they never were allowed back.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
He never took it over. Some of the people went with him but they were ran up out of there.
The way it was presented in the documentary was that he basically had the whole church then claimed he was the reincarnation of Father Divine then lost half of the church
Then left with the half that was still devoted to Guyana

They had video clips of him preaching in the church before saying that reincarnation shyt and they loved him

The whole church was idiots