Ever heard of Father Divine? (leader of the 1930s. (close w/ Jim Jones Elijah & Farad Muhammad

Thebadguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you gonna pawg, that's the way you do it. See the way she looking at him? That's devotion.

default.jpg
:pachaha:I mean that damn near looks like parody

Douglass-Helen_Eva-Pitts.jpg

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
When members of Father Divine flock died

They just let the bodies rot
Because they believe u can't die

So they renounced anyone who did die and acted like they never existed

Or said that the reason they did die was because they sinned

:francis:

Father Divine was also having sex with women although he claimed to be abstinent

All supposed leaders supposedly chosen by or a vessel of god are sexual predators, preying on the sheep including Elijah Mohammed that dudes on here try so hard to deny:manny:

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
:mjlol:

My family from Georgia/SC followed Sweet Daddy Grace. There is a funny story I've told on here before about my grandfather taking my mom and her siblings down to visit family in Augusta. They go to the UHOP one Sunday because growing up, he loved to hear the brass bands. While in church, everybody start singing what was a gospel song, can't remember which one, but the words for "Jesus" was changed to "Sweet Daddy". My mother, who was little at the time, start singing along. My grandfather start noticing her singing "sweeeet daddy". And he said that was it for him... he told them that he'll be damned, the only nikka they gone call "daddy" is him. He rounded them all up and left, never to step back in a UHOP again.

Our cousins who are still in the UHOP are the nicest people in the world. It hurts our heart knowing they in a cult.:mjcry:
But you can't tell them shyt about the UHOP.

Daddy Grace was scary as shyt. He had that perm, wore long ass nails, was draped in a cape most of the times, but that nikka was always driving around in slick ass cadillacs.

Today, the UHOP is known for their lunches that they sell. If you're in DC, go to a local UHOP for lunch. They sell soul food dinners. shyt be flames. :wow:

Best lunch you can get in DC.
I don’t blame him I would have done the same:salute:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
I
:mjlol:

My family from Georgia/SC followed Sweet Daddy Grace. There is a funny story I've told on here before about my grandfather taking my mom and her siblings down to visit family in Augusta. They go to the UHOP one Sunday because growing up, he loved to hear the brass bands. While in church, everybody start singing what was a gospel song, can't remember which one, but the words for "Jesus" was changed to "Sweet Daddy". My mother, who was little at the time, start singing along. My grandfather start noticing her singing "sweeeet daddy". And he said that was it for him... he told them that he'll be damned, the only nikka they gone call "daddy" is him. He rounded them all up and left, never to step back in a UHOP again.

Our cousins who are still in the UHOP are the nicest people in the world. It hurts our heart knowing they in a cult.:mjcry:
But you can't tell them shyt about the UHOP.

Daddy Grace was scary as shyt. He had that perm, wore long ass nails, was draped in a cape most of the times, but that nikka was always driving around in slick ass cadillacs.

Today, the UHOP is known for their lunches that they sell. If you're in DC, go to a local UHOP for lunch. They sell soul food dinners. shyt be flames. :wow:

Best lunch you can get in DC.
That's wild:mjlol:

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
After Father Devine passed

Jim Jones visited his flock and talked mad shyt about him
Then proclaimed that he was the reincarnation of Father Divine
And convinced some of Divine's followers to leave with him

They ended up going to Guyana with him and dying in the mass suicide:francis:

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Funny, I just got of the phone with my father. Asked him about Father Divine, he's in his 80s and tired. He woke up real quick though, "yeah i remember him!" He told me to look up Elder Beck. There's such a rich history that if not for the internet and these old folks still alive would be forgotten.

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
During the 40s

Father Divine offered to let the coast guard
Stay at 1 of the hotels he owned where they were stationed for some exercise

He let all the service members stay for only $1 for the whole year

*But only if they lived integrated and not have Black n white segregated :leon:

The Coast Guard took his offer too

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Funny, I just got of the phone with my father. Asked him about Father Divine, he's in his 80s and tired. He woke up real quick though, "yeah i remember him!" He told me to look up Elder Beck. There's such a rich history that if not for the internet and these old folks still alive would be forgotten.
Props

Imma look that name up

It wasn't mentioned in the documentary