Even the NY Post tired of Bray Wyatt

ADK

Cleaner, I got this.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
I understand him never wanting to use the Wyatt Family gimmick again because a friend associated with it passed away, but that was clearly his best and most reliable character. It would be money right now with Bo and a rotating third wheel, someone like Seth would kill a short cameo with them like Orton did.

This Uncle Howdy shyt is basura :francis:
He shoulda took a hint from Taker circa WM 20 and resorted back to the swamp cult. Play the classics nikka :damn:

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Unless WWE is lying, the claim is it’s top merch sellers of 2023 are

1. Roman
2. Cody
3. Sami
4. Wyatt
5. Bianca

Article was published a month ago and it was only for January 2023. No idea how much of his merch sells for live shows, but on their site, you have to do some scrolling to find his merch under Top Sellers.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
His merch is among the highest selling and his reactions are loud

So is it really not working or do we just not like it?

I personally think the nikka sucks but if it’s making money, something must be working? Right?
Well merch is why they brought him back most likely. Cause his matches are absolutely horrible to watch. He's so bad in the ring his opponents need to take their time to rebuild their image after being made to look like a complete sack of shyt against Wyatt.

Knight out there jobbing for guys like Kofi, after he took that L in embarrassing "pitch black" match. Yikes!

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
Not sure where you see him being a top seller given if you go to their online shop right now, you have to scroll a ways to find his stuff when you sort by Top Sellers. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if the reactions are piped in given there is precedent for them piping in reactions for certain wrestlers.

His problem is he's trying to do a 1992 character gimmick in 2023 and it's so out of place. If Lucha Underground was still around or if a promotion featuring cinematic elements existed, he'd fit right in.
If Bray had treated the Uncle Howdy shyt like Demon Finn Balor I would not even be complaining. He should only show his characters during PPVs to keep that mysterious aura. The "mind games" that he is doing with Bobby Lashley right now just looks goofy as hell too, and not even entertaining at that.

Bray Wyatt has not been in a good feud since 2017 with Orton.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Article was published a month ago and it was only for January 2023. No idea how much of his merch sells for live shows, but on their site, you have to do some scrolling to find his merch under Top Sellers.
I mean, he was the second highest seller of 2022…

I don’t know why we’re running from it. It’s okay to admit the guy makes the company money and is over with a ton of the paying fanbase while simultaneously being complete ass. Like complete ass. Some of the funhouse stuff is interesting but beyond that he’s fukkin terrible

Is what it is tho. He ain’t the first guy to stink while being mega over with people who pay for the product. We sat through the Cena era, I mean come on.

I know we retroactively respect him now but in real time we all hated that nikka guts and thought he stunk despite him being shmega over. Not saying Bray is anywhere near Cena but it’s the same concept of a guy being beloved by paying audiences and being hated by savvy fans who recognize this nikka is awful

Last edited:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
They need to bring Rowan back and add Braun back when he done with this Rico program

Yea he shoulda just came back as his authentic self like his return promo. This gimmick is all over the place and even worse they bout to throw Alexa back in this nonsense :snoop:

That was the year Brock went against Dean. Brock didn’t wanna do that match at all.

I remember they were building it up. They even had the Wyatts eliminate Lesnar from the Rumble. But then they just changed plans and I think that killed Lesnar's motivation. He was also training for his UFC comeback so he didn't want to take any real bumps.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Brock turning him down kinda wild. they GOTTA do something with this dude. He shouldn't be in limbo like this.

But what ideas does he actually have? The viral campaign was cool.. what else? I don't see any character development from him at all. They introduced 'Uncle Howdy' what the fukk, who is he and why should we care? Why did Howdy care about Alexa? :dahell:

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
Brock saying no to a match with Wyatt has everyone looking at him funny. Because you know how shyt you gotta be for Brock to straight up say no to a match with you???

He had programs with Ambrose (who he allegedly wasn’t feeling), Ricochet, etc. As long as the check cleared, he’d do it.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Brock saying no to a match with Wyatt has everyone looking at him funny. Because you know how shyt you gotta be for Brock to straight up say no to a match with you???

He had programs with Ambrose (who he allegedly wasn’t feeling), Ricochet, etc. As long as the check cleared, he’d do it.
I don’t even think it was so much the match itself, it’s the nonsense that comes with it

Like I said before, Bray woulda been better off sticking to just being his authentic self in his first promo and staying that way

This the worst character he’s ever done

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
I don’t even think it was so much the match itself, it’s the nonsense that comes with it

Like I said before, Bray woulda been better off sticking to just being his authentic self in his first promo and staying that way

This the worst character he’s ever done

No no, that’s what I meant. Brock has no issue with working with anyone regardless of in ring ability or gimmick 9 times out of 10. He’s about his money. For him to say no means he KNOWS Bray’s gimmick is trash and wants no parts for any amount of money

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
KlutzyMarriedJaguarundi-max-1mb.gif
Reading and taking notes in this thread for future Uncle Howdy gifs

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
This is probably the most vicious Coli heel turn I've seen in awhile. :mjlol:

He’s had one match in 6 months, zero answers on who Uncle Howdy is or his motive, and Alexa Bliss just disappeared into the ether.

It’s warranted because this has turned into a bad 2000s horror flick.

Although Bray has creatively been ass since October 2019, some of that is Vince, but some of this is himself.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
I am intrigued on the idea of revealing uncle howdy as his brother at WrestleMania..

But why it gotta be at the expense of Bobby..