Even children's cartoons are saying college is for suckers

JNew

Superstar
Daps
Kids being brainwashed.

While the smart parents who dont let the tv raise there kids will go to college and become doctors, lawyers and engineers.

I worked manual labor jobs in my early 20s with the notion college is for suckas. Went back to school for engineering. Now in my early 30s i make close to 100k, work less, have benefits, vacation, holidays, ect.

Went to a local college and paid 30K for the degree as a minority student.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Middle class kids have the option of community colleges though. College doesn’t have to be expensive. There are satellite campuses and online classes and plenty of cheaper in-state options. Living on campus and paying room and board isn’t necessary and that is a major cost. There are scholarships and grants and other programs too.

My little is going to college for 2-3K per year and he’s paying his loans as he goes.

I’m thinking what I would do to help my hypothetical child save money and avoid student loans.

Y’all got a loser ass victim mentality mindset. Couldn’t be me :russ:

Keep making excuses though :mjlol:
You have the option for two years of Junior College and you can either go the two year route or you have to transfer to a 4 year college where you will be taxed.

And that's dope that you live in a city where they have 4 year institutions that only cost 2-3k a year.

This isn't the case for most people in the country tho.

And I'm sure if someone wanted to move to your city to go to that same school because in their city the cheap accredited state schools are 8k a semester in tuition alone, that 3k a year finds a way to turn into 18k for them.

You can't be talking about what rich people are doing and then leaving the parts out that are inconvenient to you tho. Y'all are ridiculous, talking about what rich cacs are doing like that is a standard for someone who can't pay their child's education to model their life on.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Some of these majors are garbage. Schools make an excessive amount of money with useless programs. Its a business…so kids need to be smart and pick an education that will make them gainfully employed, not a Starbucks barista with a $150k student loan.

It's very unlikely that any 16-18 year old will have the scope to know this. That's what parents are for. On top of that, as the academic games change - administrative or otherwise - it's on the parents to keep up and adjust so they can have the best info to advise their children.

Bad enough to kneecap your own child(ren) will broken families; even worse is to abandon them to figuring out something as important as education and finance on their own. You're feeding them to the beast.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
You have the option for two years of Junior College and you can either go the two year route or you have to transfer to a 4 year college where you will be taxed.

And that's dope that you live in a city where they have 4 year institutions that only cost 2-3k a year.

This isn't the case for most people in the country tho.

And I'm sure if someone wanted to move to your city to go to that same school because in their city the cheap accredited state schools are 8k a semester in tuition alone, that 3k a year finds a way to turn into 10k for them.

You can't be talking about what rich people are doing and then leaving the parts out that are inconvenient to you tho. Y'all are ridiculous, talking about what rich cacs are doing like that is a standard for someone who can't pay their child's education to model their life on.
I’m saying education is important. That’s the only reason I’m mentioning rich people. Because rich people send their kids to college but The Coli tells us education isn’t important :mjlol:

There are plenty of affordable options in states all throughout the United States.

Community college exists for a reason. There are plenty of satellite campuses as well.

College doesn’t have to be expensive.

JNew

Superstar
Daps
following an invisible script
think college is the only way :ufdup:
become a wage slave

No, but it takes alot to get out of the "rat race".

If your 18, go to college get a good degree for cheap as possible. Graduate, pay your student loans, live. Then try and get out of the "rat race".

concise

Veteran
Daps
The community college angle in here is also funny because the propaganda I was served by teachers growing up was that community college was for losers/failures/etc. Has that negative propaganda gone away yet?

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Kids being brainwashed.

While the smart parents who dont let the tv raise there kids will go to college and become doctors, lawyers and engineers.

I worked manual labor jobs in my early 20s with the notion college is for suckas. Went back to school for engineering. Now in my early 30s i make close to 100k, work less, have benefits, vacation, holidays, ect.

Went to a local college and paid 30K for the degree as a minority student.
you was probably in a warehouse moving boxes
you can't compare that to a skilled trade

JNew

Superstar
Daps
The community college angle in here is also funny because the propaganda I was served by teachers growing up was that community college was for losers/failures/etc. Has that negative propaganda gone away yet?

As someone who went that route. I can confirm its still the same community college/trade schools are for losers.

If you never got good grades in HS then its a good stepping stone to get into a good college.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
No, but it takes alot to get out of the "rat race".

If your 18, go to college get a good degree for cheap as possible. Graduate, pay your student loans, live. Then try and get out of the "rat race".
there are plenty of options that don't involve college
had friends that went to the coast guard making 200k no college
businesses no college
there are plenty of options depending on your personality
nothing wrong with college
but especially if you have to take on debt or are not a great student

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
I’m saying education is important. That’s the only reason I’m mentioning rich people. Because rich people send their kids to college but The Coli tells us education isn’t important :mjlol:

There are plenty of affordable options in states all throughout the United States.

Community college exists for a reason. There are plenty of satellite campuses as well.

College doesn’t have to be expensive.
Education is very important. That's why just like the rich cacs you need to be spending 100's of thousands of dollars on your kids education. We need to be moving like these rich cacs.

Oh and no shortcuts either. Rich cacs ain't short changing their kids, they just open up the checkbook and get it done. No excuses. Rich cacs aren't telling their kids they need to be creative with how they get their education, they pave the road for them and the kids only have to focus on getting the job done. That's who we need to be modeling our moves on after all. Don't pay attention to what they say, pay attention to what they're doing.:ufdup:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Community college or Military to University is the best option for poorer people seeking an advanced degree.

If you can get through the military and college afterwards for engineering you're sitting real pretty in life most likely. You'll basically always have a job, a wider social circle, access to jobs civilians and foreigners can't touch and maybe the best benefits an average person can get (that includes free college).

Last edited:

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Education is very important. That's why just like the rich cacs you need to be spending 100's of thousands of dollars on your kids education. We need to be moving like these rich cacs.

Oh and no shortcuts either. Rich cacs ain't short changing their kids, they just open up the checkbook and get it done. No excuses. Rich cacs aren't telling their kids they need to be creative with how they get their education, they pave the road for them and the kids only have to focus on getting the job done. That's who we need to be modeling our moves on after all. Don't pay attention to what they say, pay attention to what they're doing.:ufdup:
worshiping white people smh :mjpls:
I guess no black people have money and do the same:troll:
so if your 30 yrs old with kids and don't have the 100's of thousands then what? :patrice:
man shut ur dumbass up:childplease:

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
worshiping white people smh :mjpls:
I guess no black people have money and do the same:troll:
so if your 30 yrs old with kids and don't have the 100's of thousands then what? :patrice:
man shut ur dumbass up:childplease:
main-qimg-b020cb81c8ab65feb299164f39c74cd7-lq

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's wild is increasing college tuition as a means to curtail educating the plebs was a right wing action.

:laff:
Motherfukkers like Reagan made it more expensive through suggestion by ThinkTanks.

READ ABOUT WHY HIGHER EDUCATION IS MORE EXPENSIVE BECAUSE OF REAGNS bytch ASS. CLICK THE LINK.

Now in 2024, this is ancient history and people have simply forgotten that making college into an expensive privilege
was literally to make sure your voting public was DUMBER.

Can't have you reading political theory and understand how the country works.
Get your ass to a cubicle AND/OR Wrench and WORK.