Even children's cartoons are saying college is for suckers

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I had to edit my original post, but I also added the fact that many of the college-educated jobs that pay well are low-effort on the job.

Trades pay well, no doubt, but many college careers like engineering are four to six years of tough school for about 40 years of easy work and high pay with a very high ceiling. If somebody is an engineer and they want to go into government for example, they have a terrific chance at it.
Same opportunities exist in trades
From owning your own company and being less involved in dirty work
And bidding for government contracts

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Same opportunities exist in trades
From owning your own company and being less involved in dirty work
And bidding for government contracts
I mean government as in sitting as a member of Congress.

I'm sure you can get those working trades as well, but being an engineer will look good to people going for office 9/10. Around the world as well: you couldn't get a job in China's politics for awhile unless you were an engineer. There are simply ceilings an advanced degree removes.

Also the average person with an advanced degree simply just doesn't work much on the job. Most people have easy jobs compared to what they learned in school. Of course there'll be the ones who are internally driven to do the more high-tier work, but most people will get the degree and coast. It's basically going from using Multivariable Calculus in school to basic Geometry at work. It goes from having to solve a problem on-spot in an exam to solving a problem over the course of months, with a team.

Last edited:

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
the cartoon literally ends by saying that college isnt a waste of time, its just not the only option

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
If you let these cacs convince you that you and your kids don't need college you deserve what you get
This.

All these rich people send their children to college.

And college doesn’t have to be expensive some people choose to chase certain colleges for name recognition and end up in massive debt.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
This.

All these rich people send their children to college.

And college doesn’t have to be expensive some people choose to chase certain colleges for name recognition and end up in massive debt.
These rich people kids are graduating with 0 student loans while middle class working Joe's kids are now graduating with 80k+ in just bachelor's degree debt.

Everybody wants to talk about what rich cacs are doing but leaving the paying for their kids education and tutoring out the equation.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
These rich people kids are graduating with 0 student loans while middle class working Joe's kids are now graduating with 80k+ in just bachelor's degree debt.

Everybody wants to talk about what rich cacs are doing but leaving the paying for their kids education and tutoring out the equation.
Middle class kids have the option of community colleges though. College doesn’t have to be expensive. There are satellite campuses and online classes and plenty of cheaper in-state options. Living on campus and paying room and board isn’t necessary and that is a major cost. There are scholarships and grants and other programs too.

My little is going to college for 2-3K per year and he’s paying his loans as he goes.

I’m thinking what I would do to help my hypothetical child save money and avoid student loans.

Y’all got a loser ass victim mentality mindset. Couldn’t be me :russ:

Keep making excuses though :mjlol: