Even children's cartoons are saying college is for suckers

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes this is crazy…..

I’ll say this…. Cuz I know there are a lot of “college ain’t for everyone” folks.

College is more than just the education you get from your books. You a lot of other educational skill, access and etc life knowledge by just being there.

If you don’t go to college, you have to definitely seek out knowledge from somewhere and not spend on your ass. Gotta grind.

Most of the “college ain’t for me” folks are peeps I see working in Starbucks, restaurants or Lowes type places. And unless the career path is to move up the ladder.

Not sure if they message us it
Some of these majors are garbage. Schools make an excessive amount of money with useless programs. Its a business…so kids need to be smart and pick an education that will make them gainfully employed, not a Starbucks barista with a $150k student loan.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Bingo!

Guys like Ted Cruz, DeSantis etc., push anti-education yet have stellar academic backgrounds. Republicans want US (Blacks and Browns/poor whites) to skip college......but do you think they want THEIR kids to skip?

giphy.gif

Can't listen to what MAGATS say. Watch what they DO. I don't care about the message they wanna give our kids. I wanna know the message they are giving THEIR kids.
So ADOS should be paying their kids full tuition and room and board like all these people you're talking about do/intend to do?

Oh and don't forget these kids are gonna be driving around campus in cars their parents bought and will likely have paid tutors. Gotta do that too.
:patrice:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Some of these majors are garbage. Schools make an excessive amount of money with useless programs. Its a business…so kids need to be smart and pick an education that will make them gainfully employed, not a Starbucks barista with a $150k student loan.

Now this I can agree with….

Though I think it’s gotten better over the years. Like what I do now (UX) wasn’t even a thing say 20+ years ago

I can really only speak for my school A&T but I think overall they had pretty good and strong majors

One should definitely have an idea of what they want to do and there future goals and go to the right school that fits that no matter how big or small.

A&T has a huge engineering program. But you wouldn’t necessarily go there for Law.

Where NCCU has a stronger Law program if you can’t get into say a Duke or Wake

Gotta do the research

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Now this I can agree with….

Though I think it’s gotten better over the years. Like what I do now (UX) wasn’t even a thing say 20+ years ago

I can really only speak for my school A&T but I think overall they had pretty good and strong majors

One should definitely have an idea of what they want to do and there future goals and go to the right school that fits that no matter how big or small.

A&T has a huge engineering program. But you wouldn’t necessarily go there for Law.

Where NCCU has a stronger Law program if you can’t get into say a Duke or Wake

Gotta do the research
but there’s still a lot of mediocre majors out there.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I mean the video isnt lying... they dont push trade schools on children like they do college. kids these days should have options...:francis: :hubie:

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Haven't looked at the vid yet, but based on the thumbnail I immediately know that "Angel" is a Christian production studio and that Mike Rowe (AKA the guy from the "Dirty Jobs" show) is a right-wing plant whose branding is being an "everyman" All-american character.

Since around 2016, the right has been trying to poison people against higher education under the guise of it being "unnecessary".

The true, underlying reason is because the less educated someone is, the more likely they are to support Republican policies :sas2:

Bingo!

Guys like Ted Cruz, DeSantis etc., push anti-education yet have stellar academic backgrounds. Republicans want US (Blacks and Browns/poor whites) to skip college......but do you think they want THEIR kids to skip?

giphy.gif

Can't listen to what MAGATS say. Watch what they DO. I don't care about the message they wanna give our kids. I wanna know the message they are giving THEIR kids.
Mike Rowe is a right winger and college isn't expensive in every first world country. Interesting how the people pushing this narrative never want to make college affordable but steer people away from Higher education.

I never heard of this show to begin with or that it had a right wing agenda. I really didn't, not even trolling this time. Thanks y'all, for looking out

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I mean the video isnt lying... they dont push trade schools on children like they do college. kids these days should have options...:francis: :hubie:

I think community college is a good option to that gets slept on.

There are many really GOOD CCs people can go to get an education and even those open doors for opportunities that don’t exist for non educated degree folks

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
It's dishonest, but there is truth to some of it. Like I said in the other thread, it's really made the situation here more intense today now that ABET his accredited international schools the same engineering accreditation they give to the same universities in the States more and more. More accurately, much of the world has caught up objectively in terms of STEM education. That means an engineer internationally gets the same degree for pennies on the dollar. So no $80k debt out of college, yet all the same knowledge.

That said, there's a reason why many people say getting a degree is one of the best decisions they've made in their lives. It's very difficult to attain those well-paying, stable jobs without one. You can't really be a Computer Engineer and work on innovative hardware without that credential. It's just way more competition today than it's ever been with ABET giving free schools from South America and Southeast Asia the stamp of approval. That is of course music to employers' ears because it opens up more cheaper options for them.

At the end of the day what we really need to do is bring down the price of education.
Nothing about it is dishonest
If you get a trade and invest the money you would have spent for college you can easily be doing well financially
Plenty of plumbers and electricians make 150 plus after 3-4 yrs of a paid apprenticeship
It’s different paths to the bag
And it’s funny how you think someone is dumb cuz they choose not to go to college
Someone can still read and be politically aware in these professions

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Nothing about it is dishonest
If you get a trade and invest the money you would have spent for college you can easily be doing well financially
Plenty of plumbers and electricians make 150 plus after 3-4 yrs of a paid apprenticeship
It’s different paths to the bag
And it’s funny how you think someone is dumb cuz they choose not to go to college
Someone can still read and be politically aware in these professions
I had to edit my original post, but I also added the fact that many of the college-educated jobs that pay well are low-effort on the job.

Trades pay well, no doubt, but many college careers like engineering are four to six years of tough school for about 40 years of easy work and high pay with a very high ceiling. If somebody is an engineer and they want to go into government for example, they have a terrific chance at it.

Last edited: