The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
hmm @Napoleon never came back to defend himself

where you at play boy :sas2:
Whats to defend? Subsequent posts proved my point.

Those championing this thread have no idea what they're talking about or innate connection to the theme of the discussion. They're celebrating a win that hasn't been WON yet.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Whats to defend? Subsequent posts proved my point.

Those championing this thread have no idea what they're talking about or innate connection to the theme of the discussion. They're celebrating a win that hasn't been WON yet.

Considering what Ethiopia came from this is a substantial win actually. And I'm the first to say I'm not a fan of the current body politic in the country/diaspora on the whole.

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
As far as I know the govt only targeted the more militant Oromo groups like OLF. Discrimination I'm not so sure about either, I've been to Ethiopia and I ain't see no outright discrimination. Hell, when I traveled outside the capitol I was warned of Oromo racism against Amharas like me. It goes to show the shyt isn't some cut and dry white vs black type bigotry we're dealing with here.

Dominate in what respect? You could say those two groups were dominant and exploited the Oromo for several generations however I can't really see what domination is being had at least from the Amhara perspective other than a somewhat cultural dominance through the Amharic language being semi-franca lingua in the country. The current regime has Tigray origins but its membership isn't exclusively Tigray. The current PM isn't Amhara, Tigray, or even Oromo for that matter he's from a small tribe in the south. So the notion that the politics of Ethiopia is purely Habesha dominant is false.

Truth is, many "nationalist" groups have been funded by outside nations ever since the end of WWII. It found success in the creation of Eritrea and the continuing balkanization of the country is exploiting the long history of discrimination on the Oromo peoples. Truth is, Oromos don't gain shyt from breaking off from the rest of the country and thinking that they can just take the capitol for themselves is utter bullshyt. You have no idea the deep level of disgust I feel for these tribal nationalists, every last one of them are useless and imo only serve to bring more suffering to the people in order to gain some fictitious nationhood and independence from what is becoming a more inclusive and upward moving society.

To be honest, I'm not too familiar with the internal politics of Ethiopia. But I do know the Oromos and the Somalis have historically been disaffected with the way power is distributed in the country. I'm not really referring to outright discrimination and insults since discrimination OPENLY based on tribe is rare in Africa I would think. But I mean things like Zenawi purging the military leadership of Oromos because he couldn't trust them? Being the majority in Ethiopia...how close have they ever been to real power?

Why did they initially want to secede?

Ethiopia is doing great things and I respect them for their attempts to improve their country and be independent. However, like the rest of Africa, the politics is tribal and you won't get too far unless attempts are made to build a truly inclusive society like you said.

Last edited:

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Btw guys here is an excellent article comapring the economic models of Kenya and Ethiopia. East Africa's best performers.

Some neighbours are following Ethiopia’s state-led development model, most notably Rwanda. Yet other African countries are taking the opposite approach. They have scaled back the role of the state and liberalised markets, embracing a Western model. Kenya, which proudly proclaims itself the homeland of the American president, leads the pack. It has attracted worldwide attention with its successes in telecoms and banking.

So which camp is doing better? The answer is not as straightforward as might be expected. he Ethiopians are more competent at running a big state than, say, the Soviets were. In the late 1990s they methodically set out their goals and have been implementing them with great discipline ever since. They co-ordinate efforts across the country and among departments. Officials monitor progress and change course if necessary. They welcome outside advice and manage to keep corruption remarkably subdued for such a centralised system.

Neighbouring Kenya is much closer to the American model of capitalism. Its state has got smaller. Indeed, crossing the border at Moyale it is hardly noticeable at all. Kenyan immigration checks are lax to the point of being a welcoming ceremony. The town is a gaggle of unkempt buildings. None of the roads is paved and many have been washed out by rain. Hotels have multiple metal gates. The receptionist advises being indoors by 8pm. Kenya’s north has a history of bloody tribal fighting.

But what Moyale lacks in security it makes up for in commercial and political vigour. Half a dozen phone companies vie for customers. Voters queue at registration posts ahead of an election. Politicians with loudspeakers make fiery speeches attacking the government, complaining that all electricity in Moyale is imported from Ethiopia. “Can we not produce our own?” they ask. It seems not, but unlike Ethiopians they can complain about it.

http://www.economist.com/news/speci...etrically-opposed-economic-models-doing-it-my

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
To be honest, I'm not too familiar with the internal politics of Ethiopia. But I do know the Oromos and the Somalis have historically been disaffected with the way power is distributed in the country. I'm not really referring to outright discrimination and insults since discrimination OPENLY based on tribe is rare in Africa I would think. But I mean things like Zenawi purging the military leadership of Oromos because he couldn't trust them? Being the majority in Ethiopia...how close have they ever been to real power?

Why did they initially want to secede?

Ethiopia is doing great things and I respect them for their attempts to improve their country and be independent. However, like the rest of Africa, the politics is tribal and you won't get too far unless you build a truly inclusive society like you said.

Yeah, historically its no doubt this has been the case. However now in a lot of cases the current regime went after more militant groups and individuals. As for now it's probably more a case of any dissenters with a large enough following. Its actually the style of govt implemented by the regime that has brought about these tribal nationalisms. Not to say tribalism didn't exist, but it was never translated into modern politics. Oromos have never been in power of the whole country, but they've always been the soldiers because they are superior horsemen, arabs in particular loved taking Oromo slaves especially the women. So there's a long history of Oromos not being in power on the scale Amharas and Tigrays have been, but that's just the problem with all of this. Their eyes are locked on past issues when they can change the situation now in much better ways, Eritrea was at least a former colonial possession so they had an argument but the whole Oromo thing reeks of hurt feelings. There's no solid reasons on a political or economic level as to why Oromos want to create their own nation, it's bullshyt.

I hope the country reaches its potential, but imo it takes radical change within the whole region for things to turn in our favor.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I concur, and I'm sure it will stay African. If they actually pull off that EAC shyt on a real level it's a step closer to my dream of a united East African nation. :wow:

Sudan[edit]
Sudan applied to join the EAC, but its membership is strongly opposed by Tanzania and Uganda, which contend that due to Sudan's lack of a direct border with the EAC, its allegedly discriminatory actions toward black Africans, its record of human rights violations, and its history of hostilities with both Uganda and candidate country South Sudan, it is ineligible to join and its application should be thrown out.[35] Sudan's application was rejected by the EAC in December 2011.[36]

:blessed:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Sudan[edit]
Sudan applied to join the EAC, but its membership is strongly opposed by Tanzania and Uganda, which contend that due to Sudan's lack of a direct border with the EAC, its allegedly discriminatory actions toward black Africans, its record of human rights violations, and its history of hostilities with both Uganda and candidate country South Sudan, it is ineligible to join and its application should be thrown out.[35] Sudan's application was rejected by the EAC in December 2011.[36]

:blessed:

Yup. They should be allowed in eventually simply for the implications of controlling that much of the Nile, but only after the Black Africans have consolidated their powers to counteract the "arab" character of the north. Most of the Horn still isn't in on this due to the chaos, Ethiopia is on the outskirts of this shyt too.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Yup. They should be allowed in eventually simply for the implications of controlling that much of the Nile, but only after the Black Africans have consolidated their powers to counteract the "arab" character of the north. Most of the Horn still isn't in on this due to the chaos, Ethiopia is on the outskirts of this shyt too.

Consolidating small states until it snowballs into one United States of Africa :blessed:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Consolidating small states until it snowballs into one United States of Africa :blessed:

Diop's ideas on regional unity for mutual use of resources is genius, combine that with Nkrumah like politics and it's a recipe for success. Can you imagine a regional nation made out of West and West Central Africa? :mindblown:

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
I concur, and I'm sure it will stay African. If they actually pull off that EAC shyt on a real level it's a step closer to my dream of a united East African nation. :wow:

Ya'll nikkas wanna unify now that ya'll gettin money eatin good out there stealin half our country and shyt :birdman:

I don't give a fukk nikka we all gon die over that shyt :birdman:

nikkas in Addis better work on that Residual Income it's gon be a real hot summer
GfvTl1Q.png

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Ya'll nikkas wanna unify now that ya'll gettin money eatin good out there stealin half our country and shyt :birdman:

nikkas in Addis better work on that Residual Income it's gon be a real hot summer
GfvTl1Q.png

Somalia[edit]
Somalia applied for membership in the EAC, but its application was rejected in December 2012.[37]

:mjlol:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…

GfvTl1Q.png

But i'm sayin, if nikkaz was united why couldn't yall have yall shyt back in theory? Plus if we speaking historically its shyt yall got that used to belong to us. Hell, Yemen stole an island under both of our noses. :manny:

The way I picture it the current borders would be dissolved in favor of larger provinces where all groups are allowed equal access to all the land. All them lowland nomads would be reconnected with Greater Somalia and can travel where ever the fukk while highlanders can come to the coast and get on some fishing shyt, yall get a breadbasket to migrate and farm in for food and we get ports to ship shyt out of and fish the waters next to yall. The meat industry would boom even more once combined with the Ugandans in the southern province, nikkaz would run the Indian Ocean and Red Sea its no coincidence we're at each others throats. I'm tired of the beef, we'd be able to boss up on nikkaz if we formed like voltron. It's what Muhammad would want, it's totally the Islamic thing to do. :usure: