Ethiopia Rising Again Firmly

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Idk but for me as of lately, I've been looking into the even more polarizing inequality in America, and have just been rapidly seeing a wave of African-Americans on the verge of being even more displaced by the lackof focus on education and in demand skills. Not mention the focuses and needs that help sustain a population. Honestly there's no way around it, but there needs to be more black engineers period. And if theyy''re underemployed or can't find work here, why help develop a nation abroad that needs engineers. And what if there were more programs here in America that really focused on pushed the next. generation young cats into taking advanced math and science courses....

I've been a proponent for this type of work for the longest. It doesn't even have to be Africa, it's places in the Caribbean that need fixing up. But to me, Black people in the States should use their connection to Africa as an advantage to leverage for more opportunities here in the US if that's their ultimate goal. Bottom line is that if Black labor can't be respected after building America then it's at least wise to have more options on the table. Aside from that, the continent is brimming with opportunities for educated Black folks whether you want an Anglophone country or take on a challenge and learn a new language. Africans for the most part come here just to stack up and get educated and they go back home because its employment for professionals and you'd live like a rich nikka on a regular American salary. Why be treated on some second rate shyt and be forced to conform here when you'd be celebrated in the motherland? :manny:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I've been a proponent for this type of work for the longest. It doesn't even have to be Africa, it's places in the Caribbean that need fixing up. But to me, Black people in the States should use their connection to Africa as an advantage to leverage for more opportunities here in the US if that's their ultimate goal. Bottom line is that if Black labor can't be respected after building America then it's at least wise to have more options on the table. Aside from that, the continent is brimming with opportunities for educated Black folks whether you want an Anglophone country or take on a challenge and learn a new language. Africans for the most part come here just to stack up and get educated and they go back home because its employment for professionals and you'd live like a rich nikka on a regular American salary. Why be treated on some second rate shyt and be forced to conform here when you'd be celebrated in the motherland? :manny:
Exactly, I'm a Caribbean breh myself, and my family kinda well off for their standards, so I know what you mean.....

As of recently I've been thinking of ways to prop up the island and really bringing it from a developing nation

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Exactly, I'm a Caribbean breh myself, and my family kinda well off for their standards, so I know what you mean.....

As of recently I've been thinking of ways to prop up the island and really bringing it from a developing nation

It's needed. A place like Haiti could be so much more than what it currently is. I wish all Black people would invest a little in that country's restoration it would be beautiful. The Caribbean should be more well off than it currently is. I swear if all sides invested in each others poor people we'd see progress much quicker.

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
Shout out to Abbysinia aka al Habash for creeping on a come up.

On a side note: Can we please stop calling that country Ethiopia thats a Greek name that means simply burnt face. Similarly Sudan simply means black and comes from Arabic, and Zanj\Zenci, as in Zanzibar is from the Turkish folks and it means black\rusty. Niger and Negro are from the Latin based countries as the roots of the word come from Berber egerew n'igerewen meaning river of rivers. It's interesting that we've adopted exonyms to define ourselves.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Shout out to Abbysinia aka al Habash for creeping on a come up.

On a side note: Can we please stop calling that country Ethiopia thats a Greek name that means simply burnt face. Similarly Sudan simply means black and comes from Arabic, and Zanj\Zenci, as in Zanzibar is from the Turkish folks and it means black\rusty. Niger and Negro are from the Latin based countries as the roots of the word come from Berber egerew n'igerewen meaning river of rivers. It's interesting that we've adopted exonyms to define ourselves.

Nah the name is perfect, actually to me Ethiopia is the whole of East Africa from Sudan to Tanzania if you look into history you notice the name used in reference to the area a lot and the human connections are also rooted in the beginnings of our species. It was the first name the people of the Nile/Rift Valley was given when they migrated north and created the first complex religion and culture. I think of the name in the same light as India or China in its antiquity and importance. If anything, Ethiopian was always a better name for Black people than "Negro" anyway.

The name was changed from Abyssinia by Emperor Menelik II because that name only refers to the Habeshas and by that point they'd become a minority due to the gains made to the south, east, and west where the darker skinned tribes were. Ethiopia the name was with Abyssinia since Axum conquered Kush but it wasn't used extensively until Menelik because it perfectly described the newfound diversity within the Empire. I honestly couldn't think of a better name to describe the region as a whole, deep down all EA's are Ethiopians to me.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
but :what:

ethiopian womens are top 3 on that continent.

i've had some black and arab bytches and one somali bytch (from siad barre extended family *shots fired*) but could only dream of ethiopian :wow:
Yeah but ain't nobody posting pictures in this thread :beli:

Plus everyone on this site seems to be infatuated with pawgs smh....

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…

I've been around enough white people to know they age terribly, plus pawgs are truly obsolete compared to sistas. But uhh its a huge thread in JBO with pics of Ethiopian chicks. :ld:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
It's needed. A place like Haiti could be so much more than what it currently is. I wish all Black people would invest a little in that country's restoration it would be beautiful. The Caribbean should be more well off than it currently is. I swear if all sides invested in each others poor people we'd see progress much quicker.
True, I mean it kinda make sense why @theworldismine13 is so adamant on pushing the notion of capitalism and higher education. There's really no way to sustain a developing nation otherwise, that competition is needed; but the situation can't just manifest itself into crony capitalism, where the localsstill get burnt in the end, Idk...

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
True, I mean it kinda make sense why @theworldismine13 is so adamant on pushing the notion of capitalism and higher education. There's really no way to sustain a developing nation otherwise, that competition is needed; but the situation can't just manifest itself into crony capitalism, where the localsstill get burnt in the end, Idk...

Well all things can't function without a strong economic model. I'd like to see more responsible forms of capitalism and as many social programs as possible in order to help the people. I don't think twism is all the way wrong but I think Africa and other parts of the developing world provide an excellent opportunity to try new methods. Moreover, I think the economic style should be best suited to the cultural norms of Africa so that ways of life aren't threatened and stability can be maintained. I'll give an example, Ethiopia is building a dam on the Omo river, it'll partly be used to irrigate huge plantations of sugar, fruits, etc. The issue however is the Omo Valley is home to the most primitive tribes in all Africa and this area is generally regarded as the very first locations where mankind sprang up and the way of life of these tribes is totally threatened by this dam. So on the one hand the dam helps with energy and agricultural output but on the other hand it threatens a UNESCO site and puts in danger a way of life that has survived for thousands of years. Dilemmas can always be found during development, I just hope all sides are respected and Ethiopia and Africa's true character are preserved.

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

i can't provide pictures. it's been a while.

i got a few of those pawgs but only because that's my environment right now. it's not an infatuation. if i was anywhere with anytype of bytches that's what i'd be hunting down...

the #newblack women don't want to be black so when they get they self together and be they self i'm just gonna self for these white womens.
it's hard finding normal ppl these days. they either on some other shyt one way or the other way...

Last edited:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
i can't provide pictures. it's been a while.

i got a few of those pawgs but only because that's my environment right now. it's not an infatuation. if i was anywhere with anytype of bytches that's what i'd be hunting down...

the #newblack women don't want to be black so when they get they self together and be they self i'm just gonna self for these white womens.
it's hard finding normal ppl these days. they either on some other shyt one way or the other way...

This doesn't make any sense. The answer for the self hatin black women you meet is to date down and chase white women? :what:

I feel bad for yall livin in cities that don't got an Afrocentric scene, it's so many great sistas in the DMV to fukk wit. :blessed:

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This doesn't make any sense. The answer for the self hatin black women you meet is to date down and chase white women? :what:

I feel bad for yall livin in cities that don't got an Afrocentric scene, it's so many great sistas in the DMV to fukk wit. :blessed:
it's not a date down..

there just aren't enough negros i come across really..