Ethan Hawke - "Predestination" (Looper + Inception = :mindBlown:)

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I remember seeing this thread when it was only like four posts long and mentally threw it in the bushes. Saw the upped thread and gave it a chance. I don't really have an issue grasping the time travel element I just wish the characters....or character:patrice: had a somewhat more fleshed out story. Especially the part where John and Jane fall in love with each other. I would have liked to see their relationship become a small subplot. He clearly recognized her/himself(I hate pronouns right about now:mjcry:) so what compelled him to be with her? Did he instantly realize that his "purpose" was to insure his own existence?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I remember seeing this thread when it was only like four posts long and mentally threw it in the bushes. Saw the upped thread and gave it a chance. I don't really have an issue grasping the time travel element I just wish the characters....or character:patrice: had a somewhat more fleshed out story. Especially the part where John and Jane fall in love with each other. I would have liked to see their relationship become a small subplot. He clearly recognized her/himself(I hate pronouns right about now:mjcry:) so what compelled him to be with her? Did he instantly realize that his "purpose" was to insure his own existence?
the real question is.

how many eberts you give it breh? :birdman:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
um im being serious.. i dont know anything about this movie

doit_zpspkplwdlf.gif

Fred.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
the real question is.

how many eberts you give it breh? :birdman:
:patrice:

I'd give it 3/5. One of the few times a movie would have benefited from being longer. I understand the story kind of hinges on being vague and is already obvious enough at parts, but I thought they had a chance to make it memorable for more than just the :mindblown: quality it has

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
:patrice:

I'd give it 3/5. One of the few times a movie would have benefited from being longer. I understand the story kind of hinges on being vague and is already obvious enough at parts, but I thought they had a chance to make it memorable for more than just the :mindblown: quality it has

:lolbron:

But I agree it really is just a 3/5 at best. Like Daybreakers it's the concept that makes the movie more so than the (average) execution of it.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Read the youtube comments, which spoiled the movie for me, turned way the fukk off from watching that shyt. Pass.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Read the youtube comments, which spoiled the movie for me, turned way the fukk off from watching that shyt. Pass.
i would have done the same too, trust me, and when i first stumbled on this thread and read the synopsis and saw the poster, i was like fukk no..then the thread got in discussion mode and checked the imdb page..i had to grab it and peep it and see how it would differ from the other shyt i felt disappointed regarding modern time travel etc films..this delivers because the dialogue and character in play plus set up is what grabbed me..i like it.