Ethan Hawke - "Predestination" (Looper + Inception = :mindBlown:)

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Well I was thinking of a loop from a computer science aspect, what I saw in the movie was an infinite loop. When you enter a loop you need to meet a certain condition, now your exit condition may be f'd up and you can't get out, but there always needs to be a condition to get in. So only way I can see of rationalizing this is that time isn't linear, and time made some being for a loop it wanted to insert.

Nope, you're still thinking about beginnings and endings when that simply isn't the case. Now a person can follow a linear path into and out of the loop, but the loop is self-sustaining and therefore independent of the person's linear path.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
So this movie has gotten me on the Time Travel/Alternate Reality trip..

I've watched Timecrimes, Triangle, and now Coherence (for a low budget flick.....it was very effective)

Now on to Primer.
primer and triangle are on hulu plus..worth checking out breh?

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Oh, for crying...

Rewatch the opening scene please. John/Jane gets burned from the bomb exploding. When he sees his reconstructed face in the mirror, he literally says that his own mother wouldn't be able to recognize her (hur hur) and the damage to his vocal chords have changed his voice. That's why he looks different and sounds different and the younger him doesn't recognize him.
Too bad they didn't explain how he gained an extra ft in height CTHU

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I watched it this AM, and it's a good thing I didn't read the thread prior to. I loved it. You sort of figure out the first twist easily, and the second twist, but the interconnecting twist is the one that really effs with your head.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Time loops aren't created, they just are. Stop thinking of beginnings and endings and look at this:

220px-Circle_-_black_simple.svg.png

Now ask yourself, where does the circle begin, and where does it end?

It neither begins nor ends, and yet, it exists. Because the loop is self-sustaining.

This post has been brought to you by the Christopher Nolan school of exposition

EXACTLY... didn't people not learn from Interstellar that TIME is not linear???

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
So this movie has gotten me on the Time Travel/Alternate Reality trip..

I've watched Timecrimes, Triangle, and now Coherence (for a low budget flick.....it was very effective)

Now on to Primer.
Thanks watched triangle cuz of u

I want to ask u a question about it but I don't know how to do spoilers

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
i gotta look at this when im sober
cause i didnt know wtf was going on

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Got it thanks

Not showing up smh
I believe so. I tend to think she's in purgatory. She was an abusive mother who accidently killed her kid and died as well. However, the alternate opinion is that she's just stuck in the loop of the triangle. The Jess we see at the end....is the one she knocks off the boat when she first get there. She's killing everyone cause thats the only way to get back to her kid and hopefully make it right. But by the dead birds....it appears she has failed many times. Look it up on IMDB. Many other theories there as well.