Ethan Hawke - "Predestination" (Looper + Inception = :mindBlown:)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
interstellar, days of future past, edge of tomorrow, snowpiercer (does planet of the apes count?) are all better to me...but this was a dope little flick for sure, but it's up against stiff competition.

Def a dope year for sci fi. EOT was more fun but this made me think more..not as much as Interstellar though :jawalrus:

that trailer is not indie budget now is it?
an what was the last indie movie ethan hawke did/
boyhood..this year
and @Baphomet the trailers are really misleading..this is super low budget.. i wouldn't be surprised if they did it for 8-12 mil

it's one of those flicks where story takes precedence over effects..like gattaca

hell 80% of it is in a bar

Last edited:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I just saw this and I was seriously blown away at how complex and dope this was.
muvc60.jpg

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still don't understand how they entered the loop condition. I understand a never ending loop, but you have to get in the loop first.

There's never a loop, except for the creation of him/herself.... Hence the strict rules of no other interaction.

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
This shyts got my head all kinds of fukked up.

To recap, Ethan Hawk was putting all those things in place, motivation being catching the bomber. Meanwhile, his older self (fizzlebomber) thought he was sincerely saving lives with his actions, or merely being the objective that unites his younger versions on some time traveling cupid shyt. If the latter, how his old self get in that position in the first place :why:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

To recap, Ethan Hawk was putting all those things in place, motivation being catching the bomber. Meanwhile, his older self (fizzlebomber) thought he was sincerely saving lives with his actions, or merely being the objective that unites his younger versions on some time traveling cupid shyt. If the latter, how his old self get in that position in the first place :why:

To give him purpose...as he stated in the film. In an OLD way, this film is A LOT like Memento!

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps

they said how doing a lot of jumps can give you psychosis, over-time he could've developed this psychosis and became the fizzle bomber from doing too many jumps through time, yet the only reason he was jumping was to find the fizzle bomber. his time machine should've decommissioned but it didnt so he was doing unauthorized jumps

Jards

All Star
Daps
How was loop created? If he hadn't fukked himself he wouldn't have been born but he would have needed to be born first to fukk himself

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
How was loop created? If he hadn't fukked himself he wouldn't have been born but he would have needed to be born first to fukk himself

Time loops aren't created, they just are. Stop thinking of beginnings and endings and look at this:

220px-Circle_-_black_simple.svg.png

Now ask yourself, where does the circle begin, and where does it end?

It neither begins nor ends, and yet, it exists. Because the loop is self-sustaining.

This post has been brought to you by the Christopher Nolan school of exposition

KingBowser

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Time loops aren't created, they just are. Stop thinking of beginnings and endings and look at this:

220px-Circle_-_black_simple.svg.png

Now ask yourself, where does the circle begin, and where does it end?

It neither begins nor ends, and yet, it exists. Because the loop is self-sustaining.

This post has been brought to you by the Christopher Nolan school of exposition

Well I was thinking of a loop from a computer science aspect, what I saw in the movie was an infinite loop. When you enter a loop you need to meet a certain condition, now your exit condition may be f'd up and you can't get out, but there always needs to be a condition to get in. So only way I can see of rationalizing this is that time isn't linear, and time made some being for a loop it wanted to insert.