Esports Boxing - Because we all know Fight Night ain’t coming back

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
On the subject of Fight Night, there have been rumors swirling it is coming back this gen...

Fury and Wilder were in contact with Steel City for ESBC but EA stepped in and signed them to an exclusive deal which is why they can't be in ESBC...

Sure its entirely plausible EA threw the bag at dudes just to keep them away from another combat sport game and have no plans on bringing back boxing...

That's one of the many reasons they're the worst publisher in the industry but that's also a stupid waste of money cuz these dudes did not come cheap...

They already announced they bringing back NCAA and Skate this gen, FN is probably next on the comeback list...

All I know is after starving for a whole gen us boxing brehs getting some love this gen, the more boxing games the better...

As long as ESBC has a very in depth create-a-boxer feature it really doesn't matter. U could just create them

But yea EA has been on sum bullshyt

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
On one hand the animation can be arcadey. On other hand boxers are really really fast and let their hands go more than other where grappling and kicks becoming a problem. Thats why footwork so important there.
Hell you get things faster than a fighting game would allow even arcade ones lol
mBy7nih.gif

PeacefulEarlyIslandwhistler-max-1mb.gif

tenor.gif
I'm not disputing that boxers throw like that, its how they did it in game. it always came off as janky to me.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I'm not disputing that boxers throw like that, its how they did it in game. it always came off as janky to me.
Yeah like the transition from uppercut to overhead the animation just looked funky:lolbron:
I didnt like how they stalled on the one two one.
The fluidity was cool but you right about it being janky

Last edited:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
As long as ESBC has a very in depth create-a-boxer feature it really doesn't matter. U could just create them

But yea EA has been on sum bullshyt
I know breh, I'm not at all worried about the roster for ESBC...

I'm copping on PC where modding will sort out the roster...

All I'm saying is, even though its within their nature, I don't believe EA gave two of the biggest names in boxing an exclusive bag deal for a one and done failure UFC game...

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
On the subject of Fight Night, there have been rumors swirling it is coming back this gen...

Fury and Wilder were in contact with Steel City for ESBC but EA stepped in and signed them to an exclusive deal which is why they can't be in ESBC...

Sure its entirely plausible EA threw the bag at dudes just to keep them away from another combat sport game and have no plans on bringing back boxing...

That's one of the many reasons they're the worst publisher in the industry but that's also a stupid waste of money cuz these dudes did not come cheap...

They already announced they bringing back NCAA and Skate this gen, FN is probably next on the comeback list...

All I know is after starving for a whole gen us boxing brehs getting some love this gen, the more boxing games the better...

probably just to put them a UFC game

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Nice, can't wait.
My Wilder career getting stall in FN
Between FN and NCAA FB a breh was feeling some way going back to them old ass games on my 360

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps

Good insight from one of the creators; they talked about the game on a Sports Illustrated boxing podcast

They’re expecting to have 95 percent of the big names in boxing by launch

Career mode features signing with real trainers (mentioned Bo Mac by name) and real managers

Some boxers will be paid DLC (depending on the deal they signed, they get royalties off each time their fighter/package is downloaded). I’ll be buying :ehh:

Boxers are signed for multiple years so they’ll be locked in for multiple games. They’re planning on making another one in 4 years

Confirmed EA got out of the boxing game due to licensing costs (examples used: Canelo asking for $5 a unit, Floyd asking for $10 a unit)

A lot of legends and fighters who signed on are very thankful for the opportunity; either the fighter or their families will be making tens of thousands off royalties

Fight Night Champion did 2.5 million in sales; there are way more gamers now so it’s worth signing a royalty deal (i.e. 5 cents per unit) since it’s expected to be a big seller due to there not having been a boxing game for 10 years.

They’re getting 300 emails a day from fighters who want to be in the game but it’s every expensive to scan them all in so they’re being selective

This is gonna be good :wow: